Author Topic: L2+L3 NeoLemmix Tileset collection + Lemmini Conversions  (Read 22048 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
L2+L3 NeoLemmix Tileset collection + Lemmini Conversions
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:06:20 PM »
I've finally got all L2 (except Classic because Pillar already exists) and the L3 "biolab" tileset completely converted to NeoLemmix. A big part of the animations had to be redrawn and things like getting together all the tiles and the custom biolab background was a big pile of work, but it's finally done!
A notice that the Egyptian, Shadow and Sports tilesets are originally converted from PacGuy765's Lemmini version.

L2+L3 Tileset Pack (V 2.1): L2 + L3 Pack V 2.1

Lemmini Conversions (V 1.4): Lemmini Conversions V 1.4

To access the tilesets with the NeoLemmix editor simply copy all the .dat files into the styles/NeoLemmix folder of the editor and to get them with the name of your choice and in the right order add the sets manually in the styles.ini in the same folder like:
[polar]
Name=Polar
Order=45

[circus]
Name=Circus
Order=46

[l3_biolab]
Name=Biolab
Order=47

For EXAMPLE

And now time for some pictures (polar and circus missing) :laugh:

L3 biolab (all grey things are steel here):

L2 medival:

L2 cavelem:

L2 highland:

L2 outdoor:

L2 space:

And with lots of Clams: L2 Beach:

Please report bugs or problems so I can try to patch them out!

Enjoy making levels with them, you might see them in one of my futute projects.......;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:39:52 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: L2+L3 NeoLemmix Tileset collection
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:12:10 PM »
To access the tilesets with the NeoLemmix editor simply copy all the .dat files into the styles/NeoLemmix folder of the editor and add the sets manually in the styles.ini in the same folder like:

This is not strictly nessecary. It's just if you want to explicitly specify the names (otherwise the filenames are used) and/or ordering of the sets.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »
To access the tilesets with the NeoLemmix editor simply copy all the .dat files into the styles/NeoLemmix folder of the editor and add the sets manually in the styles.ini in the same folder like:

This is not strictly nessecary. It's just if you want to explicitly specify the names (otherwise the filenames are used) and/or ordering of the sets.

Ok updated the description ;)  Used to to this automaticaly from Lemmix.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 04:37:48 PM »
These may be useful for me and everyone else
but what about l3 shadow and l3 Egypt?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 12:11:12 AM »
Little update 1.1 which fixes some lighting issues in the biolab tileset. It just changes around a few pixel colors so everything will stay the same apart that the coloring is improved on the diagonal slides.

Thanks to geoo and Simon for this one :thumbsup: (and also credit to Mindless for sending the L3 styles ;))

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 11:36:59 AM »
It seems that nobody encountered errors or bugs in the last days, so it's (also) up on the NeoLemmix website as an addon now!

http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmixeditor.html

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:21:16 AM »
Very nice!
Didn't the beach tileset already exist for NeoLemmix, though?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »
There's a Cheapo version of it, which also has a NeoLemmix conversion. However, Cheapo sets are not always the most accurate; I would recommend using this one instead.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 07:31:19 PM »
Patch 1.2:

Fixed a visual error on of the biolab steel hatch. Physics are not affected, just recolored some single pixels.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 01:34:53 AM »
:thumbsup: big thanks for this.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 12:23:38 PM »
Excellent work, IchoTolot :thumbsup::thumbsup:! Nevertheless two questions concerning objects:

1) What are the following invisible objects for?
- egypt - object 12:  This has a huge trigger area, where lemmings simply vanish.
- mediaval - object 13&14: Extremely huge objects of a constant very dark purple colour.
- shadow - object 29: Same as before.
If the sole reason of the medieval and shadow objects is to change the background colour, then could we perhaps replace them by slightly smaller ones (e.g. 320x160px = one screen)? Slightly smaller objects are much more convenient to work with in the editor.

2) This concerns mainly the outdoor objects 5 and 7. They have corresponding terrain pieces and their use is to add moving eyes to them. However these objects display some more sourrounding area as well. This has the following disadvantage: If a player removes some of the terrain, it remains visible due to the object. This is (at least to me) somewhat confusing.
Perhaps we can replace these objects by ones, where the sourrounding area is removed and only the moving parts are displayed?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
Excellent work, IchoTolot :thumbsup::thumbsup:! Nevertheless two questions concerning objects:

1) What are the following invisible objects for?
- egypt - object 12:  This has a huge trigger area, where lemmings simply vanish.
- mediaval - object 13&14: Extremely huge objects of a constant very dark purple colour.
- shadow - object 29: Same as before.
If the sole reason of the medieval and shadow objects is to change the background colour, then could we perhaps replace them by slightly smaller ones (e.g. 320x160px = one screen)? Slightly smaller objects are much more convenient to work with in the editor.

2) This concerns mainly the outdoor objects 5 and 7. They have corresponding terrain pieces and their use is to add moving eyes to them. However these objects display some more sourrounding area as well. This has the following disadvantage: If a player removes some of the terrain, it remains visible due to the object. This is (at least to me) somewhat confusing.
Perhaps we can replace these objects by ones, where the sourrounding area is removed and only the moving parts are displayed?

Ty for the feedback :)  Explanations:

1.) Egyptian+ Shadow are somewhat special: They are conversions of the Lemmini versions from PacGuy, with just a few things added (like PickUps). He also added a few things like this huge thing where Lemmings vanish. I must admit I did not remember this object and it could prob be replaced with another one in the 2.00 update.

The huge things are indeeed a simulator for the single-colored custom backgrounds. I had to add custom backgrounds, because of key objects and lots of terrain pieces containing the black color.
I personally thought after finish building the level simply putting one huge object in the background is much more easier to handle than X little ones. For fixing you just have to deal with one object then.
Again with the 2.00 patch these objects will be removed! As single colored backgrounds should be naturrally supported then. (I also will add some extra terriain and backgrounds like the sports bowling ball with the light blue background or some Egytian tiles PacGuy forgot)

2.) The sizes are what they are for the following reason: All pices are originally (X*8)x(Y*8) and I simply converted them. So some objects are a little big bigger than they must be due to the 8x8 grid.

So all together the following changes are planned for 2.00 patch:

-Remove the "Lemming vanquisher"
-Remove the custom background objects and replace them with naturally supported ones.
-Adding additional custom backgrounds
-Adding some additional tiles most of them due to the new backgrounds allowing them
-Reconsidering the objects sizes of the "eyes"

All these changes will be made so that already made levels will need as minimal (or no one at all) fixing after release as possible! (I try to replace the objects with other stuff rather than simply taking them out so the the index list won't get messed up)
Most likely just the following stuff needs to be checked again:
-Levels with the "Lemming vanquisher" (fix: remove it)
-Levels with custom backgrounds (fix: also need to be removed)
-Levels with "eyes" (fix: re-adjust them)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »
Sorry for being unclear at point 2). I don't think the sizes of the outdoor objects need adjustments, but the "eye" objects should only display the eyes, instead of the sourrounding area. Consider e.g. the attached jpg.: Instead of the current one (bottom part), I would prefer the upper one, where only the required parts of the terrain are overwritten by the object.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »
Sorry for being unclear at point 2). I don't think the sizes of the outdoor objects need adjustments, but the "eye" objects should only display the eyes, instead of the sourrounding area. Consider e.g. the attached jpg.: Instead of the current one (bottom part), I would prefer the upper one, where only the required parts of the terrain are overwritten by the object.

That should also be possible.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 01:46:24 PM »
Update 1.3:

Added some missing pieces to Egyptian.

Typo in medieval removed.
For already existing levels: Change the tileset in the editor from "medival" to "medieval" after you copied the new version! After all your levels have been updated you can delete medival.dat!