Resident GigaLems - Project thread

Started by GigaLem, July 04, 2015, 07:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaLem

Im going to start this project early so i can release it on time
Resident GigaLems is a zombie themed level pack by me.
100 levels in 5 ratings
Dark, Unnerving, Serious, Blood Lust, & Devestating
I've already made a few levels for Dark, and working on a Serious level at the time of this post
Here is what the logo looks like

GigaLem

Update: I added a poll go vote
Edit:If i do change the names here is what i have for ideas
Spoiler
Rating 1:Knee deep in the Dead, Rating 2:The shores of hell, Rating 3: Inferno, Rating 4: Thy flesh consumed, Rating 5: No rest for the living

namida

Personally, I'm not a fan of overly-long rank names, although it is a very minor detail anyway. If I were in your position, I'd most likely keep the current names, but I would change the order slightly - I'd put "Unnerving" before "Dark", and swap the last two around. Perhaps "Serious" should be renamed; it doesn't have a dark tone to it in the same way the others do.
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)

Proxima

Bloodlust is one word, and Devastating has two As.

GigaLem

Update:Voting will close if i can get at least 10 votes
Edit:Since it was tied i went with changing the names

GigaLem

Im just showing you what you may see in resident GigaLems

GigaLem

The first rating
"Knee deep in the Dead"
Is complete
check it out

namida

I'll wait until the full game is out to play it, but looking forward to it! :) Should give me enough time to finish Lemmings Reunion and Revenge of the Lemmings before then... :P
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

GigaLem

Okay if the "epic" tileset gets release for neolemmix and has Pre placed lemmings & pick up skills (please put them in Icho or Dynalem)
i have two bonus rating to put in
The first Being
A horrible night to have a curse*
Using the Epic tileset, (that gives me Castlevania vibes BTW) will have 5 extra tunes and and 10 levels
The Second being
"Shattered Memories"
10 snow levels with the zombie gimmick

*Name is shortened ingame ;)

IchoTolot

Quote from: GigaLem on July 27, 2015, 05:39:17 AM
Okay if the "epic" tileset gets release for neolemmix and has Pre placed lemmings & pick up skills (please put them in Icho or Dynalem)
i have two bonus rating to put in
The first Being
A horrible night to have a curse*
Using the Epic tileset, (that gives me Castlevania vibes BTW) will have 5 extra tunes and and 10 levels
The Second being
"Shattered Memories"
10 snow levels with the zombie gimmick

*Name is shortened ingame ;)

I cite myself from IRC:
QuoteLogs for #lix on QuakeNet
Sunday the 26th of July 2015
[21:01:45]    <IchoTolot> I have no idea how to add pickup skills and preplaced lemmings

And I just gave DynaLem the tilesets, becausae he asked me a week ago or so (he has nothing to do with the conversion).

So I just know how to convert tilesets, not how to add extra stuff.
The basic tilesets are available though on the NeoLemmix homepage as an addon for the editor.

namida

Giga, it isn't hard to do this yourself. A good place to start might be opening a graphic set that already has them, and taking a look at the settings for them.
My projects

Simon

This stuff ought to be tileset-independent. 8-)

Or do you allow custom-designed pickup icons for custom tilesets?

Tileset-mix-and-match :lix-blush: -- or at the very least, a default tileset for these pickups might come in handy; a tileset that's always loaded in addition to the user-selected one.

-- Simon

namida

I've been thinking about that idea for 2.00, but haven't decided for sure if I want to go for it yet. Yes, pickup skill graphics can differ between tilesets (although current graphic sets only have them differ in terms of the border / background colors of the icon). See examples:

http://neolemmix.com/old/levelimg/lpiii/0211.png (Circuit set)
http://neolemmix.com/old/levelimg/lpiv/0311.png (Clockwork set)

I'm not entirely sure about mix-and-match; it's probably doable (though will mean overhauling the level format yet again - but if done at the same time as a move to 2.00n, and - goes without saying - the old format is at least loadable - then it might be viable). Having a "default" raises questions of how it should interact with a loaded one - eg. are the default objects always available as alternative choices? Or are they ignored if the loaded graphic set contains an object of the same type? Etc

There's actually a fair few things that, while doing a major re-code anyway, I'd like to overhaul how they're handled (another one is one-way walls being treated as objects, whereas I quite like how Cheapo does them - they're treated more similarly to steel areas; NeoLemmix currently supports this but as more of a secondary option, and with limitations (eg. one-way walls done this way will display arrows, but said arrows will not be animated)).
My projects

IchoTolot

As you said it's not that hard, I tried it out.
Result: working, but....... Double resolution for Lemmini tilesets messes up the size (pickup skills are barely recognisable), so it's not that usable for now. If there was a way to change the gobal double size to normal for single objects it would be fine.