Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Reunion [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]  (Read 69101 times)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix release of Lemmings Reunion
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 12:33:38 PM »
Getting to the point where the levels are giving me a lot of difficulty now - compared to my usual approach with any pack of going for about 10 levels per video, my most recent LR video - despite being of a comparable length - covered only 3 levels, with 0313 taking up the majority of that time.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
03 13 "Tha Galcier Station":   I really didn't thought that this level would be any problem at all. I am curios to see your thought process! :8():
                                               The intended way is not that complex though, so I guess it's overthinking time again :laugh:

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 02:21:25 PM »
I thought that level was also not that hard, to the point that it may work as a "Hey Not Too Rough" level instead; I was able to beat that level compared to some "Hey Not Too Rough" levels.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 12:36:14 AM »
I really like the music in this pack! Thanks for providing the info about it.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 09:15:02 AM »
I really like the music in this pack! Thanks for providing the info about it.

Apart from the artists I linked, the list of the other free to use OGG tracks are:

The Green Orbs - At The Fair
Media Rights Productions - Jazz In Paris
Jingle Punks - Arriba Mami
and the long known remixes of NUMAC which one of which was used in the Lix release vid

and a secret track which you will encounter in the second half of "Nighmare" ;)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
So, completed the third rank now! Definitely getting very challenging indeed, although only one level so far that needed an entire video to itself, plus one more level that spanned two videos (but neither video focused on the one level alone).

I really especially like your final levels of each rank - they seem to be among the best levels so far! :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »
I've played up to 4-21 now (110/150 solved) and just thought of dropping here a comment now. I'm pretty much being posivitely surprised all the time when proceeding with the pack, this has by far exceeded my already-high expectations and I can easily tell that this levelset is one of the very best ones there has ever existed.

You master puzzle creating, you master tricks and details of the gameplay, you master making levels look beautiful, you master using equally all the tilesets with their own strengths. No level has felt unfair or cheap so far (though that can change in the last rating? ;P), yet I have to agree DynaLem's and others' comments about the high difficulty of this pack.

I actually strongly recommend NeoLemmix version over the Lemmini version because of the high difficulty level. I wonder how Nepster got it close to the end without save states, those have been super important for me so far. :lem-mindblown:

IchoTolot, haven't you really created levels before starting this levelset last November? Either way, incredible work. If you want something to improve in level designing, quickly thought on my mind arises such a petite issue as level titles. "Trick And Trap Time!" and "Learning the Dark Mining Tricks" don't impress me that much. :P
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:05:20 PM by Akseli »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 01:23:34 PM »
Ty for the praise, Akseli!:)

These titles in particular shall also hint right at the solution (throw it into the players face), because in these levels a "new" trick is introduced to the player and to the ones that have no idea that these tricks even exist the title shall also help them to "discover" the tricks for themselves (but you're right that costs a bit of level name quality in this case).

Until November I had not really started creating levels. BUT years before this, I played and watched tons of Pieuw's and co's stuff. So I was quite influenced by them and gained a ton of experience, tricks and general Lemmings knowlege.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 10:32:39 PM »
Version 1.1 is out! To update, replace the old files with the new ones. Your old save file will still work!

Following levels fixed (thanks to namida, Akseli and Simon):

1 30 intended solution more obvious

2 19 backroute fixed
2 26 backroute fixed

3 10 backroute fixed
3 11 backroute fixed
3 16 backroute fixed
3 19 backroute fixed
3 21 backroute fixed
3 22 level name fixed
3 25 backroute fixed
3 28 backroute fixed

4 01 backroute fixed
4 03 backroute fixed
4 04 +15 sec timelimit
4 06 backroute fixed
4 07 backroute fixed
4 08 backroute fixed
4 09 backroute fixed
4 10 backroute fixed
4 11 backroute fixed
4 13 backroute fixed
4 14 direct drop backroute fixed
4 18 backroute fixed
4 27 backroute fixed
4 28 backroute fixed

5 30 Level name changed due to an E was cut off

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »
Lovely support! Thanks.

Since Neolemmix loves to clump everything together in one file, we have to download 80 MB of stuff again, most of which we already have. Because it's "clean". Ah yeah. Having multiple versions is extremely clean if I have 10 copies of the same music clumped in the opaque file.

-- Simon

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 05:14:15 AM »
You don't need to redownload the music pack (unless its contents have been changed).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »
You don't need to redownload the music pack (unless its contents have been changed).

5.9M Lemmings Reunion.exe
81M  Lemmings Reunion_Music.dat
128K Lemmings Reunion.sav
8.0K Read Me.txt

Smart. So, Icho, maybe you should offer the lone less-fat, slightly-more-clean 6 MB file for separate download, too. :-] You gotta market it as if it's only of use as an update. >_>

-- Simon

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2015, 02:13:07 PM »
Seperate download is out! I will make a complete and update version from now on. With explanation for new players, so they will choose the complete edition first with readme and music.

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 07:27:40 AM »
So, as anyone who's following my videos would know, I've been stuck on 0424 for a while now... >_> Great pack so far, but maybe we've finally reached the point where it's gotten too hard for me. Of course I don't intend to give up, but I might start playing Revenge Of The Lemmings alongside this so my videos aren't just endless attempts without any breakthroughs on the same level...

EDIT: FINALLY SOLVED IT! :) It seems the solution was...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:55:48 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 07:34:00 AM »
Completed the 4th rank now! (as well as the first two levels of the 5th)

Definitely very glad you decided to port this to NeoLemmix. I would likely have never had the patience to play a pack of this difficulty on Lemmini, and the pack is of an excellent standard!
My Lemmings projects