Author Topic: GigaLems - A project I plan on making  (Read 58715 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: GigaLems - A project I plan on making
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 12:09:46 AM »
"If you're just using NeoCustLemmix, put them in the same folder as NeoCustLemmix itself."
I did that but it doesn't work

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 12:49:46 AM »
I've played through your new update for Warm, here's some things I noticed:

- In the floater tutorial level, you could probably benefit from making the lemmings come out of the entrance facing left. All you have to do is click the "Left-Facing" box on the piece properties in the editor.
- The bomber tutorial level still has the blockers, not sure if this is intentional. Also, it's missing the decorative arrow on top of the exit.
- The way I solved level 10 could be useful for a repeat version of this level (if you're planning on having repeats).
- Level 18... just for the record, this trick has really been done to death by now... (see: "I am A.T." in the Genesis version, "Wall of Wisdom" in LPI, and countless others). Ignoring that, I'd say this trick is also too obscure for a first-rank level, even with a level like this that makes it fairly obvious what to do. And ignoring all of those; there's a backroute here, unless you intended for what I did to be possible...
- Level 24... hmm... I can't help but notice that the name is the same as one of the LPI levels, which also involves getting past steel in a similar method... :P
- Level 25, again, the exit is missing the decoration (the flag in this case); though with the Snow set this isn't so noticable.
- Level 26, that's three levels by this point focused solely on blocking... :/
- Level 27, very nice concept, but the way the one-ways just cut off at the bottom-right is a bit untidy. If you weren't aware, in NeoLemmix you can make one-way walls only apply to certain terrain pieces, so that they neatly appear on the rock piece but not the pole (or all the way down the pole, if you cover it with another one). When you use this option, it doesn't (yet) appear properly in the editor, but when you play the level you'll see it.
- Level 29, just my two cents, but I'd recommend stick to one version of the style instead of using the DOS one in some levels and the Genesis one in others. On NeoLemmix, their trigger areas are the same, if that's what was the motivation for using the other one.

Now overall, I think these are some very nice levels! They're all quite simple (apart from Level 20, which could be tricky for a new player), but they're mostly fun to play and are very nice-looking. I look forward to seeing the rest of the pack, especially once it gets harder.

I've PM'd you my solutions. Note that I played all the levels again, so even for levels that I sent you solutions before, I've probably solved at least some of them differently this time.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 12:53:01 AM »
What's the filename of your music files, and have you set the music number in the level as well? And, do you get no music at all, or do you get the normal music instead of your one?

Let me know these things and, assuming that it isn't just a file naming mistake, I'll look into this.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 01:25:34 AM »
Do I make a new folder for music and put the file there?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 01:29:48 AM »
Nope, it should be in the same folder as the EXE.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 01:43:17 AM »
I renamed it Track_24.it

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 01:59:37 AM »
What kind of file was it originally? Have you set the "Music Number" for the level to 24? What happens when you try to play?
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »
What did was rename it
set the track to play to 24
and it wouldn't read

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 09:10:42 PM »
Okay, I'll look into that at some point today.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »
Since i plan to have the genesis sound track in this pack
can you get the genesis songs for any future versions of neolemmix
another thing i tried using flexilemmix it wouldn't work

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 10:21:22 PM »
i tried using flexilemmix it wouldn't work

To get help, always provide three things:
  • What did you do? Give as much detail as possible.
  • What did you expect the computer to do?
  • What did the computer do instead? If you get an error, give the exact error message.
-- Simon

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »
Downloaded flexilemmix
Tried using it both the player and tool kit
It gave me an error

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »
Send me the SYSTEM.DAT file you made for your game, and the other data files you're trying to use with it, and I'll take a look.

Also, I tested the custom music files, in both playtest mode from the editor and with running NeoCustLemmix directly, and in both cases it worked fine. Can you please tell me exactly what happens when you try to use your custom track? Simply "it doesn't work" is not helpful since it seems to work fine for me. Does it give an error message? Does it play, but have no music? Does it use a normal music track instead of your custom one? The more information you give, the more likely I'll be able to find the cause of the problem and fix it.

I'm very keen to help get your problems sorted, as your level pack shows a lot of potential based on the levels you've released so far; but I can't help fix anything if I don't know the cause of your problems.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:53:17 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 10:54:11 PM »
I couldn't make a SYSTEM.DAT becuase flexilemmix won't open it give me an error

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 10:56:31 PM »
You don't use FlexiLemmix to create the SYSTEM.DAT file; you use the NeoLemmix Editor to do it.

Please note that the FlexiLemmix player doesn't just magically know everything you want in your pack. You need to set it up correctly, which is a little bit of work, but (not including the time to make your levels obviously) it should only take 5 minutes or so. I would suggest you read this tutorial on the NeoLemmix Website, which is much more detailed than the FlexiLemmix readme.
My Lemmings projects