Author Topic: GigaLems - A project I plan on making  (Read 58965 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: GigaLems - A project I plan on making
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 02:19:15 AM »
However many songs you have in your rotation. For example, in OhNo, there's six different tracks that it rotates through, so you'd put 6. In Orig, there's 17 tracks in the normal rotation so you'd put 17 (there are four special tracks used on specific levels, but these shouldn't pop up in the normal rotation of tracks played on each level, so you don't include them).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »
I put 17 but for some reason it doesn't want to read track 2
It says "bestand "track2.it" staat niet in archeif"

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »
I'm going to guess that you just set the number and expected it to magically pull the tracks out of thin air. You need to actually supply the musics you want it to use; the Flexi player only contains one track (mostly for technical reasons) until you give it more to use. This is mentioned in the readme, and the tutorial I linked you to the other day.

I've been helping you a lot with this because your levels show a lot of potential, but you do need to actually read how to use these tools instead of just expecting everything to magically work.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »
how though i tried using the toolkit and it gives me a fout 5 error

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »
You shouldn't be using the toolkit version for anything at this stage. Put the music files in the same folder as the (non-toolkit) Flexi player that you're using while building your pack. This is described in this tutorial, which I've linked you to at least once before:

Read this for how to make your pack, using the regular version of Flexi:
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/flexitutorial.html

For when your pack is finished and you're ready to make the EXE to distribute, read this for how to use the Toolkit to make such an EXE:
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/flexitutorial2.html

If you ask any more questions which are covered in the readme, those tutorials, or that I've already answered in previous posts (or discussions on IRC), I'm not going to answer them. Feel free to ask questions if they aren't covered in any of those, or if you have read them and genuinely don't understand something that's in them - to show you've read them (since it seems to be a recurring thing that you haven't), please quote the part of them that you don't understand when asking such questions.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 04:42:14 PM »
I've read all of it (the first link) but it doesn't tell how too insert music files
i have the .it files but no way of inserting them

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2015, 10:13:25 PM »
So, to keep things tidy, it may pay to create a dedicated folder for your project. Start by placing the following in this folder:

A copy of the Flexi Lemmix player
    All your IT / OGG files
    Any custom graphic sets or VGASPECs you plan to use
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »
Step 1. Make a folder
Step 2. move bmp images flexilemmix, System.dat main.dat, Lemmain, and .it files
Step 3. Done?
One more thing Mstop4 on youtube did these lemmings comparison videos for various version of lemmings
he's has links to this website to download the themes here it is
http://www.codiekitty.com/LEM/Music/
It has Genesis, SNES, Pc-engine, and others (including lemmings spin offs)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 11:38:49 PM »
You should put the following files in the folder:

- The Flexi EXE
- The MAIN.DAT - you don't put the BMP images themself in the folder; you use LemMain to make them back into a MAIN.DAT file and put *that* in the folder
- The SYSTEM.DAT
- Your .IT (or .OGG) files
- Your LEVELxxx.DAT files
- (Optional) Any custom graphic sets, custom VGASPECs, or iXXXX.txt / pXXXX.txt files (these are used for pre-level / post-level texts; I haven't written up about these in the tutorial yet as they're a fairly new feature, but I'll add it soon okay, it seems I have already done it)

LemMain doesn't need to be in the same folder as your project; it's a tool for editing MAIN.DAT (just like the NeoLemmix Editor is a tool for editing level files).

And, apologies if the post last night seemed a bit grumpy; it was quite late when I posted that.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:27:53 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 12:00:14 AM »
Well everything is a go

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 12:29:30 AM »
Awesome! :) I look forward to seeing the pack when it's done.

By the way, if you have any levels that meet the criteria for the current level design contest (of course you can slightly modify them to meet the criteria if need be), you should consider entering one - there are prizes up for grabs! Do note that it has to be a level you haven't yet released anywhere else (but it's fine to release it later as part of your pack, once the contest is over).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:52:27 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2015, 12:32:57 AM »
Behold my True Power
And its properly inserted in other words IT WORKS

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2015, 12:56:55 AM »
That's awesome! :D The lemmings you drew look really cool too!
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2015, 11:16:47 PM »
Hot level 14 is going to be a special level
And its going to take me a while to make it
Edit: I can't go over 999 pieces darn it

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile