Author Topic: GigaLems - A project I plan on making  (Read 58906 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: GigaLems - A project I plan on making
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 02:02:07 AM »
Your solution for Warm level 10
will it fit in Scalding or Scorching?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2015, 02:07:30 AM »
It really depends how difficult those ranks are overall. If this was the original game, I'd say my solution would fit in late-Taxing or early-Mayhem; if it was Lemmings Plus I, I'd say it quite firmly goes in the Danger rank. Decide based on what you want your ranks to be comparable to.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »
Another thing, When i do finish GigaLems what i want to know how to change the Ratings holder (the lemming holding the sign on the far left)
Becuase i have made the ratings logos and im working on the gigalems logo it self too.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 12:31:37 AM »
LemMain is the tool you'll want to use for that. Be sure to read the readme before saying "it doesn't work".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 12:38:44 AM »
Where is LemMain?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2015, 01:02:12 AM »
To change a do you Replace a bmp?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2015, 01:04:12 AM »
Yep. Replace or edit it; keeping in mind you can only use colors that already exist in the main menu's palette. (Use the "Save Palettes" option to create a BMP that contains all of these.) For most images (such as rank signs and the logo) you can use any color in the palette, though there are a few that are more limited (such as the brown background).
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2015, 01:06:23 AM »
So to be clear i can use the colors i have in the scorching sign?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2015, 01:10:04 AM »
No; there's no red in the menu palette. I had the same issue with PSYCHO's sign in LPI; I wanted to use red but it isn't in the palette.

IIRC there's black (which is treated as transparent on a lot of images), three shades of brown, four shades each of green and blue, white, pink, yellow, and another shade of blue. As I said; if you use the "save palettes" option in LemMain, it'll save images containing all the allowed colors; palette_menu.bmp is the one for the menu screen. Then you can use the color picker tool in whatever graphics program you use to select colors from that.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2015, 01:15:55 AM »
How bout shades of blue
Blue fire is hot than red fire isn't it?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2015, 01:23:54 AM »
Well, we won't get too much into science here, but I *think* it's more to do with what substances are burning (or even simply in the flame's path) than temperature... I could be wrong though.

Anyway, yes, you can use the shades of blue that are found in menu_palette.bmp (or in any existing images that are from the menu screen). Any other shades of blue will not work.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2015, 01:47:14 AM »
I Replaced the BMP for the rank signs but how do i insert them
Rebuild images for Flexilemmixtraditional or neolemmix (becuase i can't find flexilemmix by itself)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2015, 01:55:59 AM »
Use the NeoLemmix option. It covers *all* versions of NeoLemmix, including Flexi NeoLemmix.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2015, 02:06:49 AM »
Everything's a go except Warm i editing it right now to fix it
Btw one more what do i change the number to in the songs list (in SYSTEM.DAT editor)