Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 131276 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Fangames] Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2016, 09:39:31 PM »
Hm. I've been thinking whether or not I should make this a more large-scale upgrade, at least for the older packs (in particular I and II). Not an overhaul to the point it's almost a completely new pack, but things like moving a few levels around or adjusting them to improve the difficulty curve, maybe even replacing a couple of the really crappy ones.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »
I've decided to at least make such improvements for Lemmings Plus I, due to that it's often mentioned as having a very erratic difficulty curve, and some of the levels really are pointless (an example of such a level would be Danger 28 "Steps").

I won't give full details on anything yet, but two of the levels that have the most notable increases in difficulty (so far) are Medi 20 "The Diving Board" and Danger 13 "Breakthrough". I'm probably also going to do a lot of reordering. I figure that since the V1.47n update to NeoLemmix is such a major update, it's a good time to make major revisions on my older packs.

The other packs are probably much less likely to get such changes, Lemmings Plus II might get a few but probably on a smaller scale than LPI.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2016, 04:44:12 PM »
Lemmings Plus I update is here! :) Note that the new version has only been tested against V1.47n. I doubt that any part of it is impossible on V1.43n-F, but since I haven't tested it against that, I'm marking it as only V1.47n-compatible.

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/mypacks/LemmingsPlusI.nxp
:compat-147:

In addition to compatibility fixes, the following other changes have been made:

Modified levels (click to show/hide)

Aside from this, a few talismans were removed (some were turned into the levels' standard solutions, others related to removed levels, one was removed simply to keep the talisman count divisible by 5), and one that had an error in its settings (Mild 30) was fixed.

Note in particular, this update restores two previously-removed levels; however, these are not 100% identical to the previously removed versions (they both have more limited skillsets, and one has an increased save requirement).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:12:19 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »
The solution replays, the talisman list on the first page, and the level images on the NL website have now also been updated to reflect this new update.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2016, 04:46:57 AM »
Lemmings Plus II is likely going to have far less changes than Lemmings Plus I did. The only levels that might change a bit are Genius 16 and Genius 19, to fix some really major backroutes in them (I know I mostly haven't been doing backroute fixes for these packs, but I think these two are significant enough to warrant it).

Update isn't ready for release yet, but in the meantime I can confirm that (in their unmodified state) all levels are possible on V1.47n. I make no promises yet about the talismans, although all but three of the existing talisman replays at least pass the level (haven't confirmed they actually achieve the talisman challenge yet); with Nice 19, Sneaky 19 and Genius 2 being the three that don't.

Amazingly, only 12 replays broke. Even more amazingly, Genius 19 was not one of them.

I don't plan to reorder any levels in Lemmings Plus II. So, it's just a matter of confirming the talismans are possible, fixing those two levels, and then it'll be ready to go. It's very unlikely that any of the later games will get any reordering or changed (beyond what's needed for compatibility) / replaced levels either, with one exception: I plan to get rid of that awful "Terrible Sky" level in Lemmings Plus Omega, in favor of bringing back "Night Of The Lemming Dead" (since we do still have zombies).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:55:34 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »
I've decided to replace Cunning 8 (this one's a no-brainer) and Cunning 14 (bit more questionable, but it is ultimately a fairly crap level) as well.

Replacement levels are "Where's Your Magic Now?" and "The Takeover", both from the former bonus pack. The former is renamed, while the latter has a few changes since it was formerly a gimmick level (however, the solution remains much the same nonetheless).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2016, 01:37:41 AM »
Uploaded a version 2.01 update to Lemmings Plus I. This simply fixes some issues with some talismans (namely, on levels that had their time limits removed, in V2.00 you would not be awarded the talisman unless you beat the level within the former time limit). It's also been built with V1.47n-C of the Flexi Toolkit, so things like the level select screen will load faster when using NeoLemmix V1.47n-B. :)

Lemmings Plus II's update should be ready very soon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:31:27 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2016, 01:59:10 AM »
Lemmings Plus II's update is released; replays have also been updated.

Only five levels have had changes:
- Cunning 20 "Another Way Down" has been moved to Cunning 14
- Cunning 8 "404: Exit Not Found" has been replaced with a new(ish) level, "The Takeover" (this comes from the former bonus pack, but has been adapted into a non-gimmick level)
- The new level at Cunning 20 is "A Lemming's Worst Nightmare"; this also comes from the former bonus pack, where it was titled "Where's Your Magic Now?" (aside from the title, it's unchanged)
- Genius 16 "Desert Quest" has some backroute fixes
- Genius 19 "Wrong Way, Mister Lemming" has some backroute fixes
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2016, 03:22:32 AM »
All standard solutions have been verified for LPIII; still need to verify talismans. No levels needed any compatibility modifications, and I don't plan to make any other changes for LPIII.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2016, 03:58:57 AM »
Lemmings Plus III and Lemmings Plus Flashbacks have both been updated.

There's no significant changes to the content of either. None at all to Lemmings Plus III (basically just no compatibility warnings, and contains the extra metainfo files to speed up loading certain parts when using recent NeoLemmix versions), while the only changes to Flashbacks are so that the correct positions are listed for those levels which have been reordered in Lemmings Plus I.

I'm going to follow the original release order for these, so Holiday Lemmings Plus and Lemmings Plus Omega will be next, before I update Lemmings Plus IV. (To those who are wondering, I'll do Doomsday Lemmings' update once all the Lemmings Plus packs are done.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2016, 04:10:36 AM »
Well, should've known this one wouldn't take long, being such a tiny pack.

Holiday Lemmings Plus update is now complete.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2016, 11:13:54 AM »
Started on the Lemmings Plus Omega conversion.

So far, I've verified replays up to Perplexing 15. A few have failed; only one level needed changes (it was a repeat, so its earlier version got the same changes to the layout).

I also, as I mentioned before, got rid of Mental 25 "Terrible Sky" and brought back the former Playtime 14 "Night Of The Lemming Dead". :D
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2016, 11:08:44 PM »
Lemmings Plus Omega update is now live.

A few levels have fixes. The final level also has a tiny bit of extra decoration. The only significant change is that Mental 25 has been replaced altogether, as mentioned before.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2016, 02:28:54 AM »
Started on Lemmings Plus IV now.

Twisted 3 needs to be replaced since the object helpers and clear physics mode render it utterly redundant. Since there's no former removed levels for LPIV, this means entirely new level! :O I've designed a pretty nice level that I think fits the position well.

So far, I've verified all but two solutions up to the end of Twisted (these two levels needed modifications rather than just new replays and I haven't made new replays yet).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2016, 04:59:22 AM »
Lemmings Plus IV's conversion is complete.

There is one new level, Twisted 3 "Crank It!". Aside from this, a handful of levels have compatibility fixes.

Lemmings Plus Flashbacks 2 won't be far behind. (EDIT: It's done.)
My Lemmings projects