Author Topic: The upcoming Lemmings merchandise - Current Info; Discussion; Your hopes?  (Read 20134 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I thought they were planning on going back to the original style, not those PSP/PS3 style lemmings... :(
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
The press release about the merchandising programme was unclear on that point, and it really wasn't helped by the included soundbite from the Sony licensing guy, either, since that muddied the waters.

At the very least, these plushes are more specifically in the PS Vita style, which I never found to be quite as bad as the PSP/PS3 look (right off, you can tell by the way that they don't look like weird bird-people :D ).

Anyway, I can only assume that they were referring only to specific licensees when they made those claims about the classic designs... You can see the key-art that GB Eye's got on the first page of this thread, for example. It's a faux-retro thing; I like it, I admit, but I would much rather have had that design on a t-shirt... ;P

No word yet on what style is being used by any of the other licensees (we have yet to see the results of the clothing and stationery licenses, for example), or even on other items by the two who've actually got stuff ready to go (both GB Eye and Gaya Entertainment have stuff out, and hold the licenses for several different categories). I'd certainly love to see some stuff done in the true retro look, but I'm going to guess that we'll be seeing a lot more of the artwork that GB Eye put on that poster. :lix-unsure:

Offline Paladone

• View Profile
Greetings! from Paladone.

Here is our collection of Lemmings merchandise: http://paladone.com/brands/Lemmings

We would love to hear your thoughts!

Here's a video of our Lemmings Heat Change Mug in action: https://youtu.be/LqTVxcbLZGU?list=PLG0jBbbs2IxTXSlznDnoh_VufrkpuW9g6

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Awesome! :thumbsup: I particularly like the fridge magnet idea, I can't believe it hasn't been done until now. 8-)

If they sell well, do you plan on making variants using the other terrain styles (aka graphics sets)?  Granted, the dirt set that you are currently using is an excellent choice as it's used by the very first level of the game.

Offline Paladone

• View Profile
We are glad you like!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We haven't got anything planned at the moment, but we love hearing ideas :)

:lem4ever:

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Both of those merchandise are very good ideas. I want both of those (especially the heat mug!)

Happy there is a market for Lemmings merchandise opening up as of late :thumbsup:

My favourite graphic set from classic Lemmings is the Hell/Fire graphic set, that would work well with the mug I think, the mug when heated up could make all the lava and fire shooting traps appear for example.

I'd be more happy with ideas based on the classic Lemmings rather than the newer PSP/PS3 style Lemmings.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Re: The upcoming Lemmings merchandise - Current Info; Discussion; Your hopes?
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
It's nice to see a presence here from one of the merchandise manufacturers - hi to all at Paladone! :D

I don't suppose you're planning on adding a Lemming-shaped stress "ball" to your range, as you've done with some of your other licenses, are you? I can remember how people often used to say that you needed a stress ball handy when playing the original Lemmings game, and it would really bring things full circle for there to actually be a squeezy stress-Lemming. :thumbsup:

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »
Have to agree those ideas are good, the heat changing mug is an interesting one. I like the stress ball idea Prob Lem as lemmings can sure get you frustrated and having one handy can relieve that stress and anger caused by lemmings. The stress ball could come in handy when it comes to playing the new levels created by the lemmings community. A lot of those levels are hard but that's what makes it great.

It looks like there has been a lot of work on the box art for the mug, I like the box art also. The earth or mud levels as I used to call them are probably the ones that many lemmings fans will remember the most. :)

It's a tricky one to think of ideas but what about something that plays the lemmings music like for example you click a button on the lemming and it plays one of the songs at random from the original lemmings. (It might be a long shot idea but I thought I would throw it into the mix)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 12:20:01 AM »
I'm so happy with the quality of the Lemmings merchandise, I'm thinking of doing a youtube video where I showcase all of the ones shown in this thread, ie. Heat Change Mug, Magnets and the Talking Lemmings plush.

Just wanted to see if that was something people are interested in seeing and also to see if there are any objections from the makers of the products. I don't see why there would be any objections personally because I've got nothing but nice things to say about them.

I realise that the Lemmings plush is actually not made by Paladone aswell.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 03:37:26 AM »
Forum's been a little on quiet side lately, but sure, I'll watch the video if you make one. 8-)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Sorry it's been a while but I have now recorded the video showing off the merchandise in this thread and also looks at the Lemmings - The Ports book which was released not too long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tBRILoaWAI

I'm sorry the video is not perfect in terms of video quality, it's not HD but it's still decent quality.

Hope you find this video useful :thumbsup:

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Sorry for the late reply. I saw that video just now. Very, very good. I'm gonna buy that lemmings mug if I can and donate some of my old mugs to charity! I forgot all about the Lemmings Ports Book, but now that I've seen the video and discovered how many pages there are I may as well go buy that as well. ;)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 08:51:32 AM »
I was strolling through the 15th district of Vienna last weekend with a friend and we stumbled across a shop (that was closed at the time) with Lemmings cups in the shop window. They reminded me of the cups posted in this thread, but it seems that they are different. I attached photos of them, and of the interior of the shop. Notice the Club-Mate stashed fridge. I find it interesting that the cup with the brick style has the lemmings sprites from Holiday Lemmings.

Anyway, the shop is http://www.metaware.wien/

The top of their webpages shows two people playing VS Tetris Attack, and on their site they also say they host game competition on SNES and other consoles, so maybe sometimes also Tetris Attack?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 09:46:00 AM »
I find it interesting that the cup with the brick style has the lemmings sprites from Holiday Lemmings.

The level in that image, I'm pretty sure, is Crazy 14 "Time Waits For No Lemming". This level was one of the two ONML levels included in Xmas Lemmings '91.

This would suggest quite strongly that these are unauthorized merch from people who don't actually know much about the game... though it's still impressive that they know of it at all, and stock items based off it, in that case.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2016, 02:47:50 PM »
the Club-Mate stashed fridge.

-- Simon