Author Topic: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V29)  (Read 32700 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V22)
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2014, 06:13:06 PM »
Another thing I might consider - if people are interested - is adding the Challenge Mode and Timer Mode options that NeoLemmix has.

For those who haven't been following NeoLemmix, these options basically make the skill count / timer respectively start at zero and count upwards, instead of counting down from a limit.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V23)
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2014, 04:54:40 AM »
Updated!

Lemmix V23
------------------
[[ Global changes ]]
*  The password is now shown on the postview screen when failing a level.
*  OGG musics now loop properly.
*  Fixed some of the palette entries.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n0nmnur3n8lwl99/AABlH68JMTPEX8mp95fhyeAla

I'm also going to make a one-off rebuild of LPDOS based on this engine, to improve the interface, get rid of those pesky external BMPs, improve some of the music-related issues, and allow a music pack to be used (if/when I get around to making one of the Sega musics). As much as I'd like to do the same for LPII and LPII Bonus too, it's not feasible due to the large number of custom features in them; but the only special feature in LPDOS is the instant bombers, so it isn't a huge task. It isn't going to be updated every time there's a player update though; as I said, it's a one-off. In terms of level design and gameplay mechanics, there will obviously be no difference from V7.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2014, 05:29:03 AM »
Another thing I might consider - if people are interested - is adding the Challenge Mode and Timer Mode options that NeoLemmix has.

For those who haven't been following NeoLemmix, these options basically make the skill count / timer respectively start at zero and count upwards, instead of counting down from a limit.

This could work if people want to challenge themselves by solving the official levels in different ways from the original solution under DOS mechanics. It could also be useful for people who want to test levels using those modes.

Another traditional player suggestion: right click for instant release rate 99.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
A heads up for anyone using the Flexi player: Existing MAIN.DATs will not be compatible as of the next update. The SYSTEM.DAT info will no longer be stored inside MAIN.DAT, instead being in a seperate file. Additionally, this file's format will differ from the existing one. The NeoLemmix Editor will be able to create these new files, in a much more user-friendly manner than LemMain does.

Also, in the NeoLemmix topic, a suggestion came up of recoloring the one-way arrows in the Snow style to make them more visible. It was then further suggested that I should also apply the same change in the traditional versions. This would of course be a purely graphical change (there would be no *mechanics* differences), but even so, as this does have an impact on existing content (even if it's purely graphical), how do people feel about this? I put a poll up so you can vote there; feel free to also reply with any comments on it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2014, 05:49:53 AM »
By the way - with the next update I plan to bring the Traditional Flexi player in line with the NeoLemmix Flexi player in that it'll allow for up to 15 ranks instead of 5. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel with a focus on Retro and Indie titles.
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2014, 08:54:12 AM »
Keep up the good work Namida! I tested Lemmix Player Collection for the first time yesterday and it worked really well, finally get to play these Genesis levels in a easy accessible way.

I think I found a bug though (haven't really tested it a lot). When switching abilities with the keyboard keys and I accidently go to the pause button and try to go left I again I can't with the keyboard keys.
YouTube channel about video game music, retro and indie games.
https://www.youtube.com/@Teedyan

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2014, 07:21:13 AM »
Keep up the good work Namida! I tested Lemmix Player Collection for the first time yesterday and it worked really well, finally get to play these Genesis levels in a easy accessible way.

I think I found a bug though (haven't really tested it a lot). When switching abilities with the keyboard keys and I accidently go to the pause button and try to go left I again I can't with the keyboard keys.

I checked, and found two issues here:
- The Z/X keys stop working altogether when the Digger is selected (regardless of if you try to go further or not); doesn't matter *how* the Digger gets selected. However, if you then select another skill using the mouse (or the F keys), they'll work again, until the Digger is selected again. (NeoLemmix does *not* have this bug)
- Selecting skills via the Z/X keys doesn't interrupt a replay, though this is a minor issue as it won't make the replay play back incorrectly. (NeoLemmix *does* have this bug too)

I'll make sure both are fixed next update. :)

As for the Snow-style arrows, it seems there's quite a lot of support for making the change, though I did notice one vote for no. I probably will go ahead and do this (I've already prepared the modified style, though of course I can just not release it if it's decided against). If the person who voted No doesn't mind, could they explain the reasons why they don't like this idea?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2014, 03:54:17 PM »
I'm sorry if this have been brought up before but I can't find any information on which passwords are being used. Are there any possibility to change to an desired level within, for example, the genesis levels? If I have played the first 19 levels and want to start at 20, are there any possibility to do so? :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
I'm sorry if this have been brought up before but I can't find any information on which passwords are being used. Are there any possibility to change to an desired level within, for example, the genesis levels? If I have played the first 19 levels and want to start at 20, are there any possibility to do so? :)

The passwords used in the Lemmix players are unique to Lemmix (they're also different between NeoLemmix and traditional Lemmix; and are different for each game).

Yes, there is a way to choose a specific level. First you must activate cheat mode by entering the correct code on the password screen. In all the traditional Lemmix versions of official games (including Extra and CustLemmix), the code is "CHEATCODES"; while in NeoLemmix, it's whatever it was in the official game.

Once you've done this, you can choose a level by entering the rank name and level number as if it were a password, eg "TRICKY21". Additionally, when cheat mode is active, you can skip a level by pressing 5 while playing it. You don't have to reactivate cheat mode each time you launch the player; if you activate it once, the player will remember that it's been activated every time you run it. (By the way, if you ever want to turn it off for any reason, just enter the activation code for it again.)

Official game (and NeoLemmix) codes:
Original, Prima, Covox - BILLANDTED
OhNo - SLAMRACING
Xmas91/92 - SNOWFLAKES
H94 - ENTERPRISE
Extra - CHEATCODES
CustLemm - SKIPLEVELS

* The H94 code doesn't work on the DOS version, but I believe it does on some other versions such as Amiga

Lemmings Plus series codes:
LPDOS - NIGERFAGOT
LPII - NGGYUNGLYD
LPII Bonus - BARRELROLL
LPIII - HEARTBLEED
LPIII Bonus - FISHSTICKS
HLP - MYSTERYBOX

* Note that cheat codes can't be used to access the secret levels in the standard versions of LPII and LPII Bonus (but they can in LPIII and LPIII Bonus, and the NeoLemmix versions of LPII and LPII Bonus)
My Lemmings projects

KOManiacJim

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2014, 06:48:29 PM »
Hello there. I am enjoying the Lemmings games and although I  think that I need more practice to solve the levels, I think that this series of ports are awesome. but I wish that there is windowed mode so that I can record some game footage with Open Broadcaster Software.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »
That's not likely to happen, unfortunately. I will look into it at some point (though probably not for a while yet), but chances are it'd take far too much work to be worth it. There must be software out there that can record video from full-screen apps, surely?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2014, 09:02:19 AM »
Thanks a lot for the cheat codes help! It didn't seem to work at first when I tried the "CHEATCODES"-code but when I exited the game and change the "CheatCodesEnabled" to 1 in the .ini-file, it worked. It was probably I that screwed up somewhere though.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2014, 04:02:17 PM »
You are using the traditional versions (from this topic), right? If you're using NeoLemmix, the cheat code is different (instead of being "CHEATCODES" in all games, they match what the official version of the game used).

Anyway, as for the V24 update - I've got the Flexi player properly using most of the Traditional-compatible features in the new SYSTEM.DAT, as well as determining the level counts for each rank based on how many levels are present in the level pack file (instead of needing the value to be specified in SYSTEM.DAT); the only one that isn't yet implemented is the level file dumping option. Once that's done, I'll do the other stuff I've got planned for V24, then I can put up the update.

If anyone's wanting to build levels with the Genesis styles, they're going to be officially included in CustLemmix from the next version. Style numbers are 20 through 24, just like they are in NeoCustLemmix. If I remember correctly, I think the latest version of the NeoLemmix Editor already includes these in its configuration.

Still left to do are:
* Cheat codes by rank number instead of rank name. I can probably more or less directly copy the NeoLemmix code for this, so it shouldn't be a big task. Done.
* Make sure that all players have the new version of the Snow style. (My apologies to the minority of people who didn't want it, but it seems the general opinion is that it *should* be changed. It's only a graphical change anyway.) Done.
* Investigate how DOS Lemmings handles objects with Y coordinates less than 0, and make Lemmix handle them the same way. My memory seems to be a bit off on that one; I thought there was some unusual results here but they work fine. Lemmix just doesn't (currently) interpret them correctly. Anyway, fixed now.
* Adjust Flexi to allow for 15 ranks instead of 5. Also as a somewhat pre-emptive move, I'm going to do the same for Extra too. Done.

BONUS: I finally added the "Save All Level Images" option. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »
It seems I forgot to keep a backup of the unmodified versions of Fun 31, Fun 32 and the extra 2P levels from Genesis when I reformatted my PC recently; does anyone have these handy? (I only currently have the NeoLemmix-ised versions handy.) I *do* still have the unmodified version of "One Way to Freedom" and have added that to the Extra player, and I know where to grab the PSP ones from (though haven't added them yet).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2014, 04:59:26 PM »
In Orig Extra Levels.dat and Genesis 2P parts 1 and 2, they're uploaded on the Lemmings Level Database.

Tsyu also posted a link of the ripped levels somewhere in the NeoLemmix topic.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!