Author Topic: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V29)  (Read 32698 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V23)
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2014, 05:24:33 PM »
Thanks, found them. The following levels are added to Extra for the V24 update:

* Fun 31 and Fun 32 from Genesis
* The three unique (or in one case, barely-recognisable) Genesis 2P levels
* The 36 PSP levels
* The 30 Amiga 2P levels (20 from Orig, 10 from OhNo)*
* "One Way to Freedom"

These are in the Orig and OhNo players in the NeoLemmix versions, but since the traditional Lemmix players are based off DOS, I thought it made more sense to put them in the Extra player here.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V23)
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2014, 06:02:01 PM »
Alright, the update is here. :)

Lemmix V24
------------------
[[ Global changes ]]
*  The Snow style's one-way arrows have been recolored to make them more visible in all
   players that include the Snow style
*  The 'Z' shortcut key now functions correctly when the selected skill is the Digger
*  The 'Z' and 'X' shortcut keys now interrupt replays properly
*  Objects with Y coordinates of less than 0 are now handled correctly.
*  In cheat mode, you can now enter a rank number instead of a rank name, for example,
   you can enter "0314" instead of "TAXING14" (of course, "TAXING14" still works too)
*  Added an option to create images of all levels; press F5 on the title screen to use
   this option

[[ Original ]]
*  Special graphics level musics are now determined based on the use of a special
   graphic, rather than on fixed level positions, just like in DOS Orig

[[ Extra ]]
*  Added "Test map" and "flag test map", hidden levels in the Genesis version, to
   the Genesis rank
*  Added the three unique Genesis 2-player levels
*  Added the PSP levels
*  Added the Amiga 2-player levels from Orig and OhNo
*  Added "One Way to Freedom" from the Amiga demo to the "Other" rank

[[ CustLemmix ]]
*  Fixed a bug where CustLemmix would crash when trying to play a level if the
   DOS music pack wasn't being used
*  Now includes the Genesis versions of the Orig styles

[[ Flexi Lemmix ]]
*  Uses a seperate SYSTEM.DAT file instead of expecting it to be built into MAIN.DAT
*  Uses a new SYSTEM.DAT format (the same as used in NeoLemmix V1.25n)
*  Whether or not level dumping is permitted can now be set in the SYSTEM.DAT file,
   instead of automatically being disabled for Flexi players
*  Now supports up to 15 ranks
*  The non-toolkit Flexi player now includes the Genesis versions of the Orig styles,
   while the toolkit version contains a copy of them in the ZIP

Downloads can be found on either of these:
DropBox
NeoLemmix Website

(Note: There's still no "soft-oddtable" option when dumping level files, sorry. Because of the need to support two different methods of oddtabling, one of which gives no pointers as to the level rank/number of the target level, it's more complicated to do this in traditional than it is in NeoLemmix. That feature will come eventually, but it isn't here yet.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V24)
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2014, 07:22:29 PM »
Thanks for the new level additions to the Extra Player.

There is a typo at the last level of every rank. If you press Esc and see the password for that level, it says "Your Access Code for Level 0".

After the eighth level of a difficulty rank in H94, Level 9 is actually the first level of the difficulty (e.g. Blitz 9 becomes Oogilemming, which is Blitz 1).

The Dropbox link also doesn't work; it gives me a 404.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V24)
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2014, 01:08:01 AM »
DropBox URL: Fixed. It was just a typo in the BBCode in the message.
"Level 0" Access Code: Noted, I'll fix it in the next update (it's not an urgent problem).
H94 issue: I'll get onto that one right away and upload a fixed version.

EDIT: Fixed, and reuploaded to both links.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V25)
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2014, 10:17:42 AM »
Alright, the update is here. :)

Lemmix V25
------------------
[[ Global changes ]]
*  More than one sound can now be played at a time. It's limited to 3 at a time if music is
   on, or 6 at a time if music is off, just like the official games. However, one difference
   from the official game is that the builder warning sound is neither included in, nor limited
   by, the 3/6-at-a-time sound effect limit; this is intentional.
*  Fixed the issue where on the final of a rank, the level code would be displayed on the fail
   screen as "Your code for Level 0"
*  Release rate can now instantly be set to 99 or the minimum by right-clicking the respective
   button on the skill panel

Downloads can be found on either of these:
DropBox
NeoLemmix Website

(To those wondering - yes, I absolutely do intend to apply the same sound change to NeoLemmix; though it goes without saying that the limit will be higher than 6 sounds. It'll be in either V1.25n-C or V1.26n; whichever the next version is. I'm not going to apply it midway through the V1.25n-B rollouts though.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2014, 10:49:41 AM »
Just for reference, I want to wrap things up (like with NeoLemmix) so from this point forwards, any updates will only be to fix bugs or inconsistancies between Lemmix and DOS, apart from probably adding the in-game config menu at some point, and adding levels to Extra if any worth adding become available. I might also consider reasonable additions to Flexi.

Once it's finalised, I'll do another update for LPDOS (doesn't make sense having it on an old version), and maybe look at doing one for LPII / LPII Bonus as well, though no promises on the latter (but it would be nice to have it with music pack support and the new features). If I do do LPII / LPII Bonus, I'll probably use the remastered graphics too. Note that I don't intend to add gimmick / secret level support to traditional Cust / Flexi; if you want those newer features, use NeoLemmix.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2014, 10:21:23 PM »
Okay so, here's the future plans for traditional Lemmix. It's not much, but of course, there's nothing stopping someone else from taking it further once I'm done if they wish:

V26 (so far)
---
[[ Global changes ]]
*  Object X positions are now rounded down to the nearest multiple of 8 if nessecary.
*  Graphic sets with RGB-based images are now supported.
*  Graphic sets with up to 128 terrains and/or up to 32 objects are now supported.
*  Steel pieces have been added to the bubble set.

V27 (planned)
---
[[ Global changes ]]
*  Add the config menu similar to seen in the latest version of NeoLemmix.
* (Maybe) Volume control?

At any point as nessecary
--------------------------------
*   If suitable levels surface, add them to Extra
*   Fix any bugs (obviously excluding those intentionally replicated from DOS Lemmings) or inconsistencies between Lemmix and DOS behavior

All going well, V27 will most likely be the final update I make, except possibly to add further levels to Extra. If there's anything you think really needs to be implemented before then, let me know and I'll consider it.

I'm probably not going to try to remake any additional levels myself for Extra. However, if anyone wants to remake the Classic levels from L2, I'm happy to help on getting a suitable modified version of the Pillar graphic set.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmix Player Collection (Current: V26)
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 11:37:42 PM »
Okay, here's V26.

Lemmix V26
------------------
[[ Global changes ]]
*  Object X positions are now rounded down to the nearest multiple of 8 if nessecary.
*  Graphic sets with RGB-based images are now supported.
*  Graphic sets with up to 128 terrains and/or up to 32 objects are now supported.
*  Steel pieces have been added to the bubble set.

Downloads:
DropBox: (link)
NeoLemmix Website: (link)

The rounding down of X coordinates is because this is how DOS Lemmings also behaves.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2014, 02:53:31 AM »
The original post of this thread is still linking to V20. Could you fix it so that it links to V26 (or maybe even the parent folder so you don't have to keep changing it)?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2014, 02:56:55 AM »
I thought I had already done so. Thanks for letting me know. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »
There's an Access violation in the Amiga 2P levels of the Extra player, which mikey found.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »
I'll look at that when I get a chance. :)
My Lemmings projects

PIGSgrame

« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
I also get an access violation in the Xmas 91/92 player (V26 non-Neo) when I start the first level. The Neo version works fine though.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »
Okay, I had a look at both of these players and it only occurs on a single level, not the whole ranks (eg: Xmas91 Lv2 works fine, Amiga2P Lv2-30 all work fine). Time to find out *why* this is happening.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2014, 10:35:40 PM »
I found the source of these. Specifically, it's to do with the implementation of >64 piece terrain sets; which also perfectly explains why it doesn't occur under NeoLemmix (due to the differences in how the file format implements these). Basically, it uses a bit that would otherwise be part of the X coordinate, but if set, would place the piece far outside the level's boundaries. I didn't expect any official levels would ever have it set for this reason, but it appears these two do; so I've set it to ignore pieces that don't exist in the graphic sets (which it probably should do anyway).

I've reuploaded fixed versions; same links and no new version number. It shouldn't matter for any players other than these two, but just in case, I applied the fix and reuploaded all of them. (I guess it could also come up on Cust/Flexi if you happen to be using either of those two levels.)
My Lemmings projects