Author Topic: Reloaded  (Read 22696 times)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Reloaded
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 01:17:49 AM »
Nice Nice :)

Sooo just 4 left to do!

Let's Block and block and its repeat level (reserved by clam) 

And the other 2 unique maps.
I'm going to tackle 'What an awsome level'  from taxing next.   Probably start that tommorow. 

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 07:04:42 PM »
Ok had 3 different attempts at re-creating 'what an awsome level'  and i'm useless with this type of artistic re-creation.
The last 2 unique maps are open to anyone to come up with something.  Thanks very much.

I'm now starting to do extra testing on all maps.   
See Below

---------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
Capybara #4 : Construction works
This one really made me think hard.   Really nice idea !

------------------------------------------------------
Capybara #6 : Walking Away From Danger.  Solved on second try.     This one felt very easy.

My repeat level of your map [Beaver #9  (Keep Coming And Pay The Price)]  I actually felt its way too hard for 'tricky' and really felt it's more like a late taxing or mayhem difficulty , so this would be a good place for a switcheroooo.   

Anyone care to try the 2 maps and post their thoughts?  Maybe you will see things differently?  Always good to have someone who doesn't know either of the two puzzles to post their findings.
Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------

Capybara #8 : Slow Release Energy

I Believe that I backrouted this, unless the climbers were there to add confusion to it.
Backroute or alternate route, its still good, unless you want to force your real route ?

Didn't solve it fast anyway.  Took about 10 minutes of testing.

Replay attached.

---------------------------------------------------
Capybara #9  - Going Underground
Awsome, way more fun than the original.   This had me really confused for a good half hour actually, until I realized what climber #2 was for.

I hated the original mayhem level of it (curse of the pharoah's)  It was always boring I thought.

Capybara #12   -   Cold Feet
I would estimate this as late tricky or taxing.   You know what to do right away, but it looks like a hard one to come up with a hidden puzzle with the limited terrain and steel forcing it's obvious route.   Lets keep this in mind for later though, incase we can make something else of a harder puzzle.

Capybara #13 - Halfway Through The Ruins

Pretty sure I backrouted that.
Replay attached.

Capybara #14 - A Portion for 1000 Lix

Tougher than it first looks.   Nice
Such a great remake visually too.

Capybara #16 - Just Two Minutes

Surely backroute, mentioned this when first playing it though. 
Replay attached

Capybara #17 - Hopping On The Steppingstones

#2 priority map to strengthen the puzzle for mayhem standards

Probably backroute.   Maybe given just too many bridges.
Might want to watch the replay.   Was far too easy with all the skills given to get 100%.    Like the use of the springs though

**Capybara #19** - Security Level Upgraded

#1 priority map to strengthen the puzzle for mayhem standards.

Yep, this is far too simple.   This security system will need another upgrade
Lots of abilities, very easy to get more than you need, and you can basically use the same method as the repeat map.

-------------------------------------------------------   

Capybara #21 - With a coating of lemon paint please.

One of my favorites of yours.  I even had to get a hint from you on this one when you first posted the map, remember.    It really confused the hell out of me lol.       

-------------------------------------------------------

Mod Edit: Restored attachments.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:38:45 PM by Prob Lem »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on my levels. I've looked at all your solutions and noticed where I went wrong. I've made some changes which will hopefully eliminate all potential backroutes. Here are some changes:

8 and 13: Added steel in certain places
17: Lowered the number of builders to 14.
19: There is now 3 of each skill, rather than 6. The solution required to solve it would still look like a backroute, but it actually isn't.

I decided not to changing level 16 though. Luckily that solution of yours couldn't be possible in under one minute.

Also, can I change the names of some of the levels? I'd rather call Capybara 7 "Have some redsticks" and Beaver 14 an "Oriental Excursion" rather than their initial names.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2012, 04:56:58 PM »
cool.

Ok heres what i've done with 3 of those.

Halfway through the ruins  :  The solution im now doing might be an alternate route?   Its good, if still an unintended route.

Slow release energy : Not sure if im backrouting, as I still havent found a use for climbers here ?    Again, it still feels quite hard if im using alternate route anyway.

Security level upgraded : Finished first try again, taking the correct route.   I'll try think of a way we can make it more difficult also.

Hopping on the stepping stones : IM STUCK!  good thing heh.   I'll try again some more a bit later.

Thanks for the updates minimac  8)

Midnight Dash : Really awsome, took quite a few tries.  The timer was definitely needed here in my opinion.

Stinky Pinky factory :   :thumbsup:

One minute is too much : Feels much more rewarding to beat than the other.   I like it.

Take as long as you need : This took me a LOT of re-planning.  First off I kept always missing completion by 1 bridge however many ways I tried to do it.  Figured that out, and  then realized I was always 1 lix too short.   Finally I had a pretty sweet idea and saved 1 extra , and went for a really great quick-run time.   

(btw my stats are posted on the main post for maps I have been going through)

Ok, still unable to complete hopping on the stepping stones, after about 3 hours of trying now lol.   

Can you double check it works after you made changes to it.   Everything I have tried, stretching bridges out to the max etc, im a single little step off of being able to complete it, if I modify the path a tiny bit, I can then get lix into the exit (56 of 57) but then i need another bridge to get the last lix turned back around instead of just dying.

Very confused indeed on this ^

Overall, I really like what you have done in the mayhem AKA Capybara set!  fun stuff.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2012, 06:58:28 AM »
Replay  for Mayhem Capybara 17 (stepping stones). I doubt this is the real solution, but I do have a suspicion that you're supposed to do what I did at one point:

Quote from: spoiler
drop two lix on the spring at the same time so one can build. I can't see how you'd do this twice though, without losing too many lix...

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2012, 07:31:52 AM »
GJ :S  if that's actually intended route, its evil!    But minimac, don't change anything.   That's a hell of a hard puzzle actually.

Now i'll post my replay, see if this is actually the intended solution or closer to it, keep in mind it isnt full completion.   I couldn't get 1 more lix in haha.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2012, 08:33:58 AM »
I found an easier way to do the Stepping Stones level, maybe this is more like intended? :)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »
Reloaded.zip updated with the recent fixes etc.   See original post for new changelog
(made security level upgraded  harder also)

Stats:
updated stats for clams new stepping stones replay.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2012, 09:14:51 AM »
Here's the map for Fun 18 / Taxing 19. I stared at this for a while and nothing resembling a puzzle jumped out at me, so I'll throw it out here and see what others can make of it. I haven't tried making more than minor changes to the terrain, so maybe that's the way forward. It's made of bamboo (Bamboozal! :D), that's all I really wanted.

Also I went back to do something on the first map I did (Tricky 1) and found that you can just bomb through the middle of the mound and you're done. That won't do – even if it is hard to do with bomber timing! It's probably fixable with a bit of steel or a change to the terrain shape. But, I also want to avoid making the intended solution harder, and also add more skills to make it easier. I'm posting this mainly to remind myself to fix it :P, but if you have solved it the right way (I don't want to give it away still ;)) then feel free to try and fix it.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »
Great!

I have made puzzles for them now.

Can you at least try the bamboozal version soon Clam.   Theres huge potential for backrouting in a map like this I find.   If you arent able to backroute, you'll probably be pretty amazed at the puzzle i've come up with.  Had to add extra hazards to hopefully make the route solid.

As for 'This should be a doozy'   don't change anything.  It actually took me a while to get that completed.  It's fine for a 2nd difficulty puzzle the way it is, even if you can do a quicker bomb timed route, its not going to make it easy to do.   

-----
Can you also try these 2 maps please:

Beaver #9  Keep Coming And Pay The Price
Capybara #6 : Walking Away From Danger. 

minimacs 'mayhem' map, then I did the remake puzzle but for 'tricky'
I'm pretty sure my map is harder, if you feel the same way after trying both i'm just going to switch them with eachother.

If not, i'll just leave them as is!

Thanks
Rubix.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 07:35:13 AM »
I started playing through the set now. I finished the first two stages, and I'm 10 levels into Porcupine.
Not sure whether I'll have the chance to continue during the next few days, so I'm attaching replays of my progress thus far.

Mostly nice and challenging levels, though there are also a few where the solution is mostly just technicalities, and getting the details of the execution right. But I guess the terrain being fixed is a bit of a limitation on what you can do design-wise at times.
On my list I marked a few that I particularly liked: Beaver 6, 29, 30, Porcupine 9, 10 (I probably forgot a bunch, but I only marked when I remembered to :P).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2014, 10:30:57 PM »
I've completed the Degu levels (and a random handful from the harder sets). Here are my replays for all record-breaking achievements.

Overall, this is a really nice set; it starts easy and gets tough much faster than original Lemmings, so there's some excellent material for Lemmings veterans to get their teeth into. Level 24 took me the longest to solve, and Level 11 is definitely the hardest -- a very nasty use of time limit there, forcing the player to find the absolute fastest solution. (At least SI changes are ruled out, so it didn't take that long as there was very little else available to try -- still, an extremely frustrating experience.)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 12:31:50 AM »
Updated stats with Proxima's replay data

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 11:53:03 PM »
Capybara replays. I've solved all levels except 17, which is just the sort of thing that shouldn't be allowed in the game. As before, only replays that break records are included.

For the most part, this was another very enjoyable set. I loved 6 (excellent puzzle) and 24 (reminiscent of a certain DoveLems level but far less annoying). 11 was almost exactly the same as what I did with We All Fall Down in my ResEdit sets :)  18 was a lovely challenge, and 21 was another very clever misdirection level. But there were some less good levels. Besides the aforementioned 17, there was 10 (fixed S.I. and not enough time for all lix to enter the level!), 15 (nearly invisible lasers) and 25 (would be fine, but it's the wrong way round with its repeat). And I have very mixed feelings about 2, which turns out to be a mostly fair puzzle when you know the solution, but that isn't enough to overcome my dislike of anything involving fling objects.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2014, 07:33:56 PM »
Nice work
Data updated