Author Topic: L++ Levels  (Read 9003 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
L++ Levels
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:04:17 AM »
The new Cheapo Copycat Lemmings.  8)
Simon, you have fulfilled the wish at last.

Post your levels here!

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: L++ Levels
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:25:45 AM »
Here's a new level I just built. This is a fairly simple 2P map that can easily be extended to accommodate any number of players.

Mod Edit: Restored attachments.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:33:31 PM by Prob Lem »

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:43:39 AM »
My first real attempt at a three player map.

I may make a 4p and a "whatever player" tessellated map soon.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:33:54 PM by Prob Lem »
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 08:02:16 AM »
I saved "Steel Cage".

Also, "Hell in a Cell" is saved from 2-8 players (We need a 7 player file now! :P).

The WWE Pack Download is here.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 01:09:21 AM »
Well, my new snow level turned out to be remarkably playable, considering I put no thought into it whatsoever. I must get on to building the 3-8 player versions now (as well as modifying my other levels a little).

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 03:15:55 AM »
I'm working on a Holiday styled level called "A Jolly, Deadly Interception"

Currently, it is 2P only, but it can easily be expanded to any even number.  I'm not sure yet what to do for 3, 5, and 7 though.  If anyone can do it, as soon as I release the level, you are welcome to make it work.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 03:28:18 AM »
Some designs just don't work with an odd number of players. It's not that much of a problem.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 09:56:44 AM »
All right, here's the rest of the snow levels. I renamed this set to "Freezing Works" - I had originally planned on calling it "Ice Ice Lemy" (similar to Crazy 20, from which I got this idea), but then I found one of the Polar levels from L2 has that title. :D

Also included in the attached zip are:

• Perilous Descent - reduced to 60 lemmings (I think 80 was just a little over the top, since pretty much every path is wrecked before the last lemmings enter), overtime reduced from 1:30 to 1:00, and labeled 2P, 3P etc (which they weren't previously).
  • Pyramid Plunder - now has 3 viable routes between pyramids, and removed one piece of terrain (per player) that stopped the lemmings from walking up the pyramids from the bottom. (And also prevented them from falling in the water, which is why I originally put them in.) I'm hoping this will make blockers less effective. Also cut overtime to 1:00 and added another 5 platformers.
  • A little surprise... probably won't fly (though the lemmings certainly will :P), but what the heck.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 04:17:35 AM »
More Levels:

One 2p (Starry Night), One 3p (Diagonal Part 2) and One 2-5 and can be extended to 8 player (Brick Layers). I'll post the 4 player version of Let's Go Spelunking later, once I get the exits in the right spots.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 09:07:48 AM »
More new levels from me. These are very much experimental at this stage.

I'm redefining my goal a little here - rather than just matching geoo's "experimental" level for mindless fun, I'm going to try to make the funnest possible levels with no blockers. The reason being that I'm pessimistic about the prospects of blockers ever being balanced in MP lemmings.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 10:32:04 PM »
Ok, here's one more three-player level. No blockers, for an added bonus. I can extend it to 5p if another 5p map is needed, which is a neat bonus, but I don't think it works for even number of players.

I'll probably remake Brick Layers with reduced (not zero... I'm thinking one per player) blockers, also.

EDIT: Went ahead and made the 5 player version.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:34:36 PM by Prob Lem »
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »
Is it possible to make L++ levels, in, say, Lemmix?

More Levels:

One 2p (Starry Night), One 3p (Diagonal Part 2) and One 2-5 and can be extended to 8 player (Brick Layers). I'll post the 4 player version of Let's Go Spelunking later, once I get the exits in the right spots.

Does Diagonal exist for 2-8 players as opposed to only 3?  It needs ported...  if so, where can I find them?

I came up with an idea for a new level.  I could reuse one of my old 1P concepts and make a level where the point is to beat it faster than everyone else.  Hopefully you are allowed to set overtime to 0.

Online GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »
Well can you show us in videos and mutiplayer videos

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »
We've tried replays but they don't work for some reason.

I think I can extend Diagonal 2 to 4-5 players. I may also remove the blockers from most of my other levels (barring the "node" levels like Fences and Starry Night), replacing them with 1 walker per Lemming released -- it makes sense if you catch a group of yours walking to an opponent's exit to be able to turn them, but you shouldn't just be able to block and stop everyone.

I'm at what is basically a large weekend long party now so I'll make these adjustments when I get back.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 07:13:46 PM »
Insert Quote
Is it possible to make L++ levels, in, say, Lemmix?

L++ can take .lvl files, so yes. However, if you want the level to be more than 255 pixels high (510 in L++), you'll have to build it in L++, or at least do what you can in Lemmix and finish it with the L++ editor.

I came up with an idea for a new level.  I could reuse one of my old 1P concepts and make a level where the point is to beat it faster than everyone else.  Hopefully you are allowed to set overtime to 0.

If you set the time limit to zero in SP, you get unlimited time. And I've just spotted another bug - if you set the time limit to 5 seconds or less, the auto-nuke doesn't trigger and you still get infinite time. I suspect the same happens with the overtime clock in MP.

We've tried replays but they don't work for some reason.

Replays from the current version are missing level information. If you open the file and scroll down to the bottom, you'll find blank level data. If you can find the level file as it was when you saved the replay, copy it in (overwrite the blank data) and the replay will work.