Author Topic: What skills can't you live without?  (Read 104730 times)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: What skills can't you live without?
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2020, 06:50:47 PM »
Here's a no-digger solution to Havoc 18.  It's actually pretty straightforward except for a well-placed bomber to ensure the crowd doesn't wander astray while the final bridge is underway.  The attached screenshot should provide sufficient detail on the solution.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2020, 05:08:07 AM »
This just barely works, but Mayhem 25 has been reduced to 4 builders.  A detailed solution and screenshot are provided below.

Solution (click to show/hide)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2020, 11:13:07 AM »
More improvements on Hail 11! Thanks to a brilliant trick involving miners, blockers and a diagonal ceiling I can confirm the result for this level has been reduced.

Replays attached below (Although the other one is rather trivial once you know about it)

The result is now 3 builders & 1 miner.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2020, 03:17:33 PM »
Some more Hail improvements with replays attached (I'm afraid. :P)

7: 13 builders
8: No bashers (5 builders still needed)

And also attached, a solution I've always wanted to find a replay of but never did: The 4 builder solution to Fun 16.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2021, 05:22:35 PM »
It's interesting to compare Luis's results for PSP Lemmings (played on the actual PSP version) with our results from the NL conversions of the levels (which, I believe, are based on Luis's Lemmix conversions, although I have made small tweaks to a few levels).

Obviously, some results differences will be because of the different engines (e.g. the shredder in Level 33 requires an extra builder to build past in NL) and some might be because of inaccuracies in the conversions. However, some differences may be because only one person has attempted this challenge on the PSP levels, and it's easy for one person to miss things (e.g. Eric's post here suggests that the digger is not required on Level 36).

So it would be interesting to go over the PSP results and try to improve them -- and also to see whether any of the cases where the PSP result is better than the NL one are because we missed something when playing them in NL :P

[EDIT: Already discovered two cases where Luis caught something that we missed -- Levels 15 and 21. :thumbsup:  And thanks to Pooty, all the remaining cases where the PSP result was an improvement on the NL result have now been confirmed on NL too!]

[EDIT 2: Also, the adding up of the PSP results was wrong on a few counts :P  I've taken the opportunity to correct it, taking Luis's results for the individual levels as correct for now, even though I suspect that several of them can be improved.]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 06:58:20 PM by Proxima »