Author Topic: Lemmings Plus DOS Project (third and final demo now available!)  (Read 52773 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus DOS Project (third and final demo now available!)
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »
A third demo has been released. I'll make a LemmixPlayer for the three demos sometime soon.

In more behind-the-scenes news, I finally have a orig-mechanics replay for EVERY SINGLE LEVEL (except The Framework which *STILL* needs backroute fixing that could affect the intended solution - if I didn't think the intended solution was so genius, I'd've long since given up on it and made it's easier version a unique level. I might do this and remake The Framework from scratch as another unique level.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
Ok  namida  im realy sorry
for post ideas when not to on this topic
i didn't mean to
but i could'nt grave hold of myseft

Foolishly
-Giga

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2009, 06:36:53 AM »
It's alright, I understand that, but there are a *lot* of things you need to work on. I'm not saying you can't do it, but you do need to *try*.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2009, 06:44:12 AM »
I was the only one (so far) to download your spreadsheet. Quite a nice colourful big table here! :thumbsup: My brain loves colour apparantly. :P

I wonder, do you edit the levels in any order?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2009, 06:52:18 AM »
I use the Sega musics on mine,  which is a fixed pattern (ie: level 1 has music 1, level 2 has music 2) as opposed to the PC version where it just does them in order, advancing each level, and I've always tried to have levels suit the music playing in them, so that's part of the reason for the gaps. There's also, to a lesser degree, that the harder ones generally appear later in their difficulty ranking (but to mimic the style of the original games, there are exceptions - for example, although it's quite a hard level, No Salvation is one of the easiest PSYCHO levels yet is the 2nd to last level in PSYCHO, and on the other hand, Backdraft is one of the harder Danger levels yet appears quite close to the start).
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2009, 03:21:19 PM »
The third demo looks cool to bad its the last
i thout it'll go to the 8th demo
but last demo means thats that

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2009, 04:15:49 AM »
It's only 49 more levels to be made until the full release. Hold on.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2009, 06:09:18 AM »
The player is done. I couldn't be bothered making each level play the music it normally would, so it just follows the normal pattern (except without resetting between difficulty rankings). The only ones that match up to the music they'd actually have in the final versions (and thus, the ones I see them as suiting, as mentioned in the post above) are "No Time To Die" (demo 2) and "Not gonna work." (demo 3).

It includes all modifications and re-orderings.

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/307219411/LPDOSDemo.zip

Also, another new PSYCHO level for you to try out:

Download removed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2009, 08:57:16 AM »
I added in a few of the better levels from my old WinLemm remake (unfortunately, the best one of all, "The Diving Board", doesn't work with any mechanics other than those of WinLemm - Orig, CustLemm and Cheapo all included) - which also happened to have among it a remake of a level I wanted to remake for this anyway, "Death In All Directions".
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »
You should of thought of a game traller for the game your making

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »
No real need to. We're all familiar with Lemmings, it's just new levels.

W00t, 120 levels now. Only 30 to go!
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2009, 11:21:16 PM »
As I thought about before, The Framework has been dropped (but I may remake it from scratch later) and it's easier version become a unique level. The LP4 Demo level "Death Row" has been remade to replace it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2009, 07:18:27 AM »
Only 28 levels to go (mostly in Wimpy, Medi and Danger - it's fairly easy to create super easy or super hard levels, creating inbetween ones is a bit harder for me. Mild only needs 4 more and PSYCHO 2 more.)

Here's another interesting one I just came up with, mostly by accident.

Download removed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
Level Order
The first Mild level to be made was Heading On In... (Mild 3). The last one to be made was Wish You Had Them? (Mild 8).

I said this to Proxima a few months ago and now I would say this to you: I've noticed that 8) was there. To avoid smilies in posts: Go to Additional Options and tick the box "Don't use smileys". Don't worry, this box doesn't affect the smileys from all your posts.

Anyway, good job on finishing the Mild levels. I assume that you're not going to give us the download unless every set is finished? Well, I'm not too worried about that at the moment.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2009, 07:56:22 PM »
Level Order
The first Mild level to be made was Heading On In... (Mild 3). The last one to be made was Wish You Had Them? (Mild 8).

I said this to Proxima a few months ago and now I would say this to you: I've noticed that 8) was there. To avoid smilies in posts: Go to Additional Options and tick the box "Don't use smileys". Don't worry, this box doesn't affect the smileys from all your posts.

Another way to deal with this annoying issue is to put a space between the "8" and the ")", like this 8 ).  That way you can still put smilies in the post.