Author Topic: How many levels can be solved with a 99 release rate?  (Read 36078 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: How many levels can be solved with a 99 release rate?
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »
That's OK, Fleech. You did quite well and you finished off the Holiday Lemmings '94 and the whole of lemmings. So out of all the Holiday lemmings levels, 4 of them would leave you snowed in.  The following levels are:

Frost 14: Happy New Year II!
Hail 5: Get the Point?
Hail 7: Steel Ice Span
Blitz 2: Lemmings up high
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
Frost 14: Happy New Year II!
Hail 5: Get the Point?
Hail 7: Steel Ice Span
Blitz 2: Lemmings up high

Actually, here's Hail 7 at RR 99.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »
I've gone back through Crazy and Wild to find the levels that can be done with 100% saved.

Thanks for letting us know, Clam Spammer but I don't care about 100%. I care about the level being solved.

Actually I've changed my mind. I will post results for 100%.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2009, 11:38:41 PM »
Woot!

All of tame should be possible!  I'm gonna go check right now!

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2009, 07:37:23 AM »
You don't need to check do you? Anyway, I think all the levels without a bottomless pit surrounded by two walls are certain to be solved 100% just like all the tame levels, so it's a proof :)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »
That is a good point.  I actually stopped checking because I couldn't find a way to change the release rate while paused in the Amiga version.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2009, 11:15:05 PM »
Hey, can I get a list of the levels that have not been done 100%?  It would help me see what I could do...  I'll have to find time to check (probably there won't be much, if any, until Sunday Friday, I have a somewhat hectic schedule this week)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2009, 01:23:10 PM »
The thing is, I just checked the WINE website on application compatibility, and it appears that there are many games with far more demanding graphics than Lemmix that supposedly work in WINE

Demanding games were listed on that site when I first got WINE.  It appears that for whatever reason, Lemmix doesn't work properly.  I don't get why, but...

I've just moved to Linux myself, and tried out Lemmix in WINE. There's a few minor graphical glitches, and no sound (music however works fine), but apart from that, it works perfectly. :/
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »
Hey, come on, namida. I wish you didn't post that. I get sick of people who go off topic in a challenge thread, especially Dullstar, because that gets me more anticipated about what levels can be completed. You should see this thread that he created.

http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=133.0

OK, I reopened this thread for any levels which work 100%, I can put them in for you.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2009, 07:29:05 PM »
The thing is, I just checked the WINE website on application compatibility, and it appears that there are many games with far more demanding graphics than Lemmix that supposedly work in WINE

Demanding games were listed on that site when I first got WINE.  It appears that for whatever reason, Lemmix doesn't work properly.  I don't get why, but...

I've just moved to Linux myself, and tried out Lemmix in WINE. There's a few minor graphical glitches, and no sound (music however works fine), but apart from that, it works perfectly. :/

Sorry for continuing out-of-topic, but a giant THANK YOU! to namida for proving that my intuition is right.  I don't want to assume that Dullstar doesn't know what he's doing with WINE but now I feel a little less guilty for secretly thinking that. :-[ ;)

(Okay, that said, I guess it's possible that things work differently from computer to computer, and especially with something like Linux that could have dozens of possible "distributions".)

I'll continue the questioning on the proper thread.  Sorry minimac, now back to the real topic.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2009, 07:38:35 PM »
Hey, come on, namida. I wish you didn't post that. I get sick of people who go off topic in a challenge thread, especially Dullstar, because that gets me more anticipated about what levels can be completed. You should see this thread that he created.

http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=133.0

I'm sorry, I just did a search on "Lemmix" and "WINE" and the fact is, we never actually opened a thread specifically to talk about Lemmix and WINE.  The link you have above refers to a topic about Lemmini, not Lemmix.  And while it is out of topic, namida was actually replying to a post Dullstar made on this very thread.

I guess I'll just PM namida to ask him about the graphical glitches he's seeing.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2009, 07:55:52 PM »
Here, to make up for the off-topic, here's Frost 7 100% at RR 99.  Not exactly replay worthy but at least it's on topic!

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2009, 05:10:50 AM »
I posted the 100% results for Wild ages ago:

I've gone back through Crazy and Wild to find the levels that can be done with 100% saved. The ones I've found are:

Crazy: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 16, 17, 18, 20.
Wild: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 19.

Crazy 18, Wild 3 and Wild 14 are very difficult to get 100% on.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Let's see if we can finish this off, then.

Wild -- the OP makes two errors in converting Clam's list to "all except" format. 8 need not be listed as it's not solvable at all. 13 was omitted.
Wicked -- Clam already provided a list: "2, 3, 5, 11, 13, 14, 18 and 19, and probably 6".
Havoc -- ccexplore already provided a list: all except 10, 16, 20 (though 16 may be worth another look).

Blitz -- ccexplore already provided a list: all except 12, 15, 16.

That leaves Tricky, Taxing, Mayhem, Frost and Hail to be done....

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2012, 09:41:19 PM »
Tricky -- all the 20-of-everything levels can be solved 100%, and really, any level that gives you enough skills to set and release blockers is no more difficult at RR 99 than normally. So, the only levels I can't see being done are 8 and 22 (seems these are both possible after all!). That's in addition to the levels that are impossible to 100% under any conditions, so the list reads "Non-perfect: 15, 16, 17, 23" (excluding 18 because it wasn't solved in this challenge at all).

Taxing -- as well as the non-100%able levels (7, 19, 27, 28), I doubt the 100% solution to 16 works at RR 99, but 17, 22, 24, 25 are all possible and the rest are easy. So, to clarify, the list reads "Non-perfect: 7, 16, 19, 27" (similarly excluding 28).

Mayhem -- no idea about 2, I can't 100% that one anyway. 7 can't be done. 1 and 25 are possible thanks to steel-cancelling allowing blockers to be released. The rest are easy -- again, apart from the levels that have no 100% solutions (5, 19, 26, 29) (and 10 was unsolved in this challenge).

Frost -- All except 4, 6, 15 can be solved 100%. (6 has no 100% solution. For 4, the only RR99 solution I can find involves making the first lemming from the left group build over the gap, but this leaks one. ccexplore's solution to 15 requires a bomber.)

Hail -- All except 2, 6 can be solved 100%. (These two have no 100% solutions.)