NeoLemmix > NeoLemmix Levels

[NeoLemmix] Lemmings Reunion [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]

<< < (34/34)

IchoTolot:
Started going through your vids today @Swerdis and there are definitely some things to fix there. ;)

Enjoying the series so far, I should be able to get the patch out this week at some point. :)

Swerdis:
Hi,

here are my notes for the next rank.

"Hurt Me Plenty"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)1. Path of Ankh - This level really got stuck in my head since it is so good. The solution, if it's the intended one, is very smooth and clear although some part are well-hidden. Stopping a digger with a blocker is seems to be one of Icho's signature tricks within this pack ;)

2. Casualty Count - Well, it took me a while to understand the puzzle here. I like the way the bombers are used here and how to ensure that the builder is not interfered by all the other Lemmings.

3. And Here Comes The Lemming Train - Didn't really remember that one which is strange since it's a nice one, too. Hardest part was definitely the beginning area and how to do that with the four available diggers only. The rest of the level was easy.

4. The Sports Bar - A huge roadblock for me and a level that would fit well into the "Ultra-Violence"-rank for my taste. The way to isolate and delay the later pioneer, the core-trick which is rarely used in other packs and helps to save that one bridge which is urgently needed - all this is hard-to-see stuff. Another good one, though!

5. Don't Get Sucked! - Much easier. I'm quite familiar with the miner-turning-trick. When this was done, everything fell into place here.

6. Winter Soldiers - A very nice one-of-everything level, which was a bit on the easier side as well. I like the way to turn the digger around!

7. Nightstalkers - Entirely based on timing, this level is a bit trickier. The beginning can be hard as only three Lemmings are allowed to make their way directly down - one to explode, one turned right, one left. Once this has been achieved, it's relatively clear what to do next.

8. Redeeming of the Dead Lemmings - I'm not a big fan of remakes of the original levels. Not because they're sacrosanct, but because I find them boring after all those years - but that's a personal thing. It is said that there is a 100-percent-solution of the original "Cascade"-level, but I don't know if this solution here is identical to that.

9. The Royal Halls - Hard, but very clever one. The bashing part right of the entrance is really genius - how do you come up with such ideas?

10. Did everyone tun Left? - Looks easier than it actually is, but wasn't that bad in the end. Climbable walls that don't exist from the beginning, but have to be created at first, are always hard to see.

11. A Rocky Mountain Night - Nice idea with the half-shaped moon here. The level itself isn't that hard, but correct blocker-placing is key.

12. Lost your Ground? - Funny one which I solved with the blocker-turning-digger-trick. Which made the rest of the diggers obsolete and me backroute this level.

13. The Glacier Station - It was a little tricky to estimate where to bash, but apart from that, this is a very good one-of-everything-level.

14. Go West! - Looks a bit intimidating with its four hatches, but wasn't too bad in the end. The title seems to be no red herring since the "eastern" exit probably can't be reached.

15. The Lemming Tank Suicide Train  - Though this looks pretty straightforward and there are plenty of builders, I found this a hard one! The builders run out surprisingly quickly, I had to use them all.

16. Green Hill Zone - Overall, not a too hard level. The trickiest part was to find a viable way through the SEGA-letters, deterring the Worker-Lemming from walking to the water pit. This took several attempts.

17. Staircase Under Construcition - Probably too easy for its position. Saving the two pioneers in the end is probably the trickiest part.

18. You don't need them! - No blockers here, hence the title - but the puzzle is not a really hard one. Still, one of my favourite levels from the rank.

19. To Hell and Back - Demanding,yet great level which makes use of "The sports bar"-trick again. Took me a while. 

20. Castle Get-Together - This one didn't give me much headache as it was clear how to pass the pillars. Here, I could assess quite well from the beginning which skill had to be used at which place.

21. Field Trip - Challenging level and a very, very nice one. Good idea to save the left blocker with the final Lemming and lead these two exclusively to the left exit. Using both to bash simultaneously is probably not intended, I'd guess.

22. A Christmas Journey - Easier than the previous, but not trivial. Here, I found the basic plan early, but failed with details for quite some time. Such as digging down the one-way-arrows for example.

23. Sternenhimmel - My least favourite level in the rank. Hard, annoying and not fun to play in my opinion. I'm not sure at all if my solution is intended as it looks pretty hackish. The beginning part is clearly the most difficult.

24. The Alternative Way - Another level that looks easier than it actually is. I really had problems with the timing here, but I don't know if everything is intended the way I did it.

25. Metropolis - The placement of the two bridges at the bottom is tricky, but I think it doesn't matter if they are built from the left or the right side. The rest is a bit confusing due to the tileset, but not too difficult.

26. Evolve - This one is very fun to play. Most important thing is to prevent the Lemmings from climbing out of the green crystals by digging at the right spot. It's a bit surprising that the long bridge in the end takes less time to build than the digger needs inside of the crystal. These diggers are so slow...

27. Whispers And Lights - Using compression here can be hard to see. Otherwise, this level is a bit of a breather which is very welcome when I look at the next but one...

28. Dirty Work - A good challenge, that one, with a harsh time-limit and scarce skills. The right timing can also be problem. Turning the worker with a bridge in a tunnel finally seems a bit unconventional and is probably not intended.

29. Controlled Release - Plain and simple one of the three hardest levels in the entire pack for me. This one took me forever. I didn't give the rightmost part of the level much attention which turned out to be a mistake. I'm quite good at finding backroutes from time to time, but here, this wasn't possible at all. Always one skill short. When I decided to just let the Lemmings walk to the right, the was a step into the right direction and I could finally solve this level after countless attempts.

30. Edge To Insanity - Nowhere as hard as the level before, but very fun to play. At this point of time I was able to spot these nifty tricks like the one from "Hurt me plenty" 4 which appears here again. 

Overall there were some hard nuts to crack here, especially level 4, 23 and 29. 15, 21 and 28 were tricky, too. Very good level design here, again. With the exception of  "Sternenhimmel" and "Redeeming of the Dead Lemmings"  I liked them all.

Armani:

--- Quote from: Swerdis ---Also the levels are absolutely fair designed. If one finds a hackish, unelegant solution, one can be almost sure that it's a backroute.
--- End quote ---

That's the beauty of Ichotolot's levels/packs :laugh:

IchoTolot:
V 5.2 is out!

Fixed backroutes found by Swerdis and did some visual maintenance:

- 1 28 (added steel)
- 1 30 (adjusted the solution: - 1 blocker+basher+bomber)

- 2 02 (added steel)
- 2 08 (added terrain)
- 2 12 (removed steel)
- 2 16 (adjusted the level a bit: - 1 builder, removed OWW, removed+adjusted some terrain)

- 3 11 (- 1 bomber, + 1 save req)
- 3 16 (added terrain)
- 3 20 (adjusted terrain on the right side)
- 3 21 (added OWW)
- 3 22 (added steel)

- 4 01 (removed a trap, + 1 save req)
- 4 03 (added steel, adjusted trap positions)
- 4 07 (visual fix)
- 4 11 (adjusted OWW)
- 4 16 (added steel, visual fix)
- 4 18 (a digger is now a pick-up skill)
- 4 21 (visual fix)
- 4 27 (adjusted terrain, added and removed steel)

- 5 06 (adjusted terrain, a blocker is now a pick-up skill)
- 5 07 (a bomber is now a pick-up skill)
- 5 08 (adjusted OWWs)
- 5 11 (added OWW)
- 5 12 (split up the bbuilder pick-up skill)
- 5 14 (added steel, 2 diggers are now a pick-up skill)
- 5 15 (added steel, adjusted terrain)
- 5 21 (adjusted terrain)
- 5 22 (added fire)
- 5 27 (adjusted terrain)
- 5 28 (added steel, visual fix)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version