Author Topic: [OLD] Player Bugs / Suggestions  (Read 122287 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Player Bugs / Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2015, 05:37:06 AM »
Okay, found some Rising Water glitches when combined with the Invincibility gimmick. I've also used Solid Floor, but that gimmick may have nothng to do with it.

A lemming can destroy the rising water by bashing/mining/digging it.

Also, lemmings cannot bomb and destroy terrain once they are in the water.

Another thing: swimming lemmings are unable to exit once the rising water covers the exit. I've attached a level to illustrate this.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:47:43 AM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2015, 07:18:05 AM »
Swimmers don't destroy terrain if bombed while swimming. And indeed, it's mentioned that allowing lemmings to get below the water line can cause graphical glitches. Still, I'll see what I can do about that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
Going back to discussion on recreating the L2 Classic Levels for the Extra Player. It should be possible to convert the L2 Classic levels to VGASPECs to save the hassle of recreating them from scratch. All you need all the level maps by PacGuy765/Prince Jamie the 7th in this link, which is found in this video.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »
That's possible. However, thinking about it now, I'm not sure if doing the L2 levels like that is pushing things too far for the Extra player. I'm not even sure, in all honesty, that the PSP levels should be in there (but I won't remove them now).

On the other hand, simply making them as a NeoCustLemmix pack might be a more worthwhile option.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2015, 04:16:17 AM »
Hardworkers glitch: a lemming bashing in thin air (i.e. no terrain around them) still creates destruction particles.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
Not really a glitch. That's just because the destruction particles are part of the basher sprite; this is true for miners and diggers as well (but not bombers, where the particles are created seperately). You might also notice that the exact same particles are created regardless of how much terrain they do or don't destroy, and that they're always (within the same graphic set) the same color again regardless of the terrain destroyed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2015, 11:50:31 PM »
For some reason im using the genesis crystal set
for another level but when i test in customized lemmings
it uses the original palette

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2015, 12:48:05 AM »
Could you post the level (or PM it to me)?
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2015, 01:25:47 AM »
Okay here it is

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2015, 02:12:55 AM »
Okay, thanks for pointing this out. I've tracked it down to some fairly major issues with how the editor is saving the style names. The style numbers seem to be saved fine, so don't worry, there's nothing major going to be lost. At most, any levels using the "Pillar Genesis" or "Crystal Genesis" styles (the other three genesis styles shouldn't be affected) may switch to the regular versions of these styles and/or vice versa, and need to be manually changed back.

Please watch the Editor bugs/etc topic for updates on this, since I can confirm this problem is with the editor, not the player.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2015, 08:29:46 PM »
Found a swimmer glitch: when a lemming swims in water and picks a pickup skill in the middle of swimming, the lemming briefly becomes a faller before swimming again. Attached is a test level; the pre-placed lemming is a swimmer.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2015, 08:57:56 PM »
I can tell you now exactly why that's happening - it's related to the trigger area overwrite issues in original Lemmix / DOS (for example, how a trap's trigger area, or a blocker, could cancel out steel). In NeoLemmix, this is somewhat avoided by having four seperate planes of trigger areas, but this can still result in overlap between trigger types on the same plane. I might move pickup skills to a different one...

For reference, the four planes are:

Plane 1 - Zombies (and nothing else)
Plane 2 - Steel and one-way arrows
Plane 3 - Blocker fields
Plane 4 - Everything else

I don't want to add too many planes, as it could eventually have performance impacts (especially on larger maps), so I might see if there's some other workaround for this I can come up with.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2015, 08:28:03 PM »
Not really a bug, but just to notify you about the following behaviour of miners and one-way-walls: When mining in the wrong direction of a one-way-wall at a slight increase, the lemming moves for one frame one pixel into terrain. Under very specific circumstances, this can be exploited: The solution to the attached level requires abusing this behaviour.
I am using V1.30A for both the editor and the player.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
I had this idea of giving the ONML tilesets the genesis palette
(more on that when i finish editing the images) when i show it i hope we can make the Genesis styled tileset happen
when i can i'll edit this post or quote it to show what it might look like

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2015, 03:37:44 AM »
Nepster: I'll look into that shortly. :)
Giga: Feel free, though don't expect it to be included as an "official" tileset. (I'll be more than happy to list it as a fanmade tileset, though.) You shouldn't actually need to edit the images manually for this - you could just use LemSet to extract the ONML styles, and directly edit their "palette.bmp" file. This is true for any graphic set which uses palette-based colors (which at the moment, is all graphic sets that aren't Cheapo conversions, except the Horror style).

EDIT:
Okay, I looked at that miner issue. The trick used in the bottom half (repeated miners to turn a 2:1 angle into a 1:1) isn't something I'd consider glitchy, but the trick used in the top half clearly is. I'll see what can be done about that...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:59:38 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects