Author Topic: Festival Millas 2019 - Release Thread  (Read 6379 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Festival Millas 2019 - Release Thread
« on: January 01, 2020, 04:23:20 AM »
While its still 2019 for me I present to you

Feature 32 new levels with the combined effort of Plom510, Nessy and I, 2 new sets being Tisseria and Mabetu (based on Siberia and Tibet) along with the existing sets, and this time Talismans. I am going to patch last year's pack so I can fix the music and add talismans to it after a few days.

So what do you have to go through?

冷 - Lěng - Chinese for Cold

"That's Snow Mountain" - This is the standard starting rank, simple enough puzzles. This Rank was entirely handled by Plom

乳头 - Rǔtóu - Chinese for Nippy

"Picking the right tree" - This is were you need to put those skills to good use. It ain't getting warmer

北极 - Běijí - Chinese for Arctic

"Help Thy Neighbor" - Your quest got a whole lot colder, don't expect any punches to be pulled

冰河 - Bīnghé - Chinese for Glacial

"First Impediment" - Suit up, it's gonna be a cold one. Get ready to face your coldest quest yet. Take what you learned and get those puppies home

DOWNLOADS
Graphic Sets (The new ones, get these first & extract them into the styles folder
The Level Pack (If you have a folder named "levels" extract this into that folder)
The Music Pack (Get this last, extract it into the music folder)

Credits
Plom510 - Additional Levels, Testing, Talismans, Graphic Sets
Nessy - Additional Levels
Namida and Nepster - Everything NeoLemmix
Woofle, Mod Archive Artists, DJ TAKA, Josh Mancell and Beenox, Feryquitous vs Xi, Mozell, Nakatek - Music

I hope you enjoy the last level pack of the Decade and enjoy what's to come for 2020.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Re: Festival Millas 2019 - Release Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 11:47:57 PM »
If you played this and liked what you played, if you haven't checked it out.
Play the recently updated Festival Millas 2018

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 04:03:09 PM »
First batch of replays. Finished the first 2 ranks and the last level (where I managed to save all with only the bomber left). :)

I even did the talismans this time. ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 08:36:55 PM »
And here is the rest. ;)

I smell backroutes though!

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »
Looks like I'll be taking a look at these later

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 03:02:48 PM »
As I am cleaning up my replay library I thought I provide some help:

Levelpack is not possible with the new NL release:

- Beiji 6 has some glider paths not working out anymore.

I also think I might have improved my solution to Binghe 8 a bit after fixing it. :P

Replays attached.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 07:10:04 AM »
Hello Gigalem, Plom510, and Nessy,

I have solved the pack. Here are my replays and feedback. Also, link to the LP of the pack: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJvVta5vFYRyTmakl5ewh_-g. Enjoy! :P

General Feedback

FM2019 is another holiday pack by Gigalem, with some contributions by Plom510 and Nessy to the pack here and there, using the Millas sprites. The rankings are all in Chinese, which I have stated several times in the LP that I don't know any. I am Asian, but I'm not Chinese, I'm Vietnamese, but even then I can't really translate Viet that well either. From my understanding of the OP, they essentially describe different varying degrees of "cold," with the first rank meaning the least cold out of the other 3 ranks, while the 4th and final rank being the coldest of all.

As usual, the graphics are quite nice, although one gripe I do have on some levels is that some things can easily be mistaken for solid terrain instead of background. I wonder if some things can be darkened in order to help distinguish the two further. Then again, I believe that's what Gigalem meant by overhauls he's doing for the pack. He's not sure when he'll get to it, but it will happen whenever he can find the time and motivation to. Absolutely no pressure and rush there!

In my opinion, the first rank is easy, gets hard in the second rank, goes back to easy in the 3rd rank, and finally is about medium/hard difficulty in the final rank. The last rank wasn't as much of a challenge as I thought it would be, but then again that's probably because I found a lot of backroutes :P Indeed, I felt way more challenged in the second rank than any other rank. However, perhaps things will be different once I do FM2020 and FM2021. Both packs will probably challenge and test me way more.

This is not to say that I didn't enjoy FM2019, because I still did. Let's say I was expecting more of a challenge with the pack, if FM2018 was any indication of my struggles with it. Thus, FM2019 felt easier than FM2018, as I struggled with the latter way more, but that's because the former seems to have a lot of levels in a highly backroutable state. Indeed, the pack has not had a single patch after its release. However, there will need to be a new download link with Beiji 6 fixed, as the one in the download is indeed impossible as reported by Icho. Gigalem provided me the fixed version on Discord, but I'll let him know to upload it to the level release topic too. Even then, it's nice to see plenty of levels being a bit on the easy side for once, as while hard levels are my type of levels I like playing and solving, I do suffer from mental burnout playing nothing but hard levels for a while, so it's nice to break away from this and play easy/medium levels for once.

Leng Rank Feedback

All the levels in this rank are all by Plom510. He did great with this rank, I absolutely enjoyed them, even if they were easy for the most part. The only level I consider hard in this rank is Leng 6, but that's because I played without CPM in the LP and I failed to explore the entire map due to having some unexplored parts at the bottom because I didn't scroll down enough. As a result, I missed one teleporter entirely because it was out of my viewing sight. So, my general advice to others: Make sure to scroll and look everywhere!     

Rutou Rank Feedback

I feel this rank is a huge step up in difficulty from the previous rank. That's probably because we start seeing more of Gigalem's levels here! The first several levels here felt challenging here before dropping in difficulty around the midpoint of the rank and still going down from there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beiji Rank Feedback

Back to easy here for this rank IMO. Think this is the first rank of the pack where I found a lot of backroutes! :P

Binghe Rank Feedback

For the last rank of the pack, this one didn't give me much of a challenge, though it might just be due to how I found a lot of backroutes here too! :P

Once again, thank you gentlemen very much for this pack! Hope all of you are doing well ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0