Author Topic: Epic Lemmings Fangame  (Read 20264 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Epic Lemmings Fangame
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »
Yes. Objects are a concern as it doesn't like negative coordinates. I wonder if steel area is affected too.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 12:27:07 AM »
I just tested this. Yes, steel areas are affected too. These also shift to line up with the DOS grid if you haven't placed them at multiples of 4, which actually means you can place a steel area up to -3 in the y-coordinate and rather than disappearing off the bottom, it will reset back to 0 when you open the level.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 03:49:01 AM »
Just as I thought. That happened to me a bunch of times when making maps in Lemedit, and since it hasn't a validate button I had some terrible times trying to figure out why the levels crashed :P I finally came up with the conclusion that custlemm doesn't like negative coordinates (only in the objects if I'm not wrong?).

If I recall correctly, SPLAT! (level 9?) is the only one made in LemEdit.  The editor half of Lemmix works, so I'm going to do some testing...  plus I do have a virtual machine as well.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
Important question: How many levels are you planning to put down? because I have 150 of my levels which I can't wait to submit.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 01:19:54 AM »
 :o

150 levels takes care of all but 10 of the levels supported by Lemrmake!  It may be possible to add support for many more levels, though.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 05:20:36 AM »
Important question: How many levels are you planning to put down? because I have 150 of my levels which I can't wait to submit.

I hope you're not planning to take up the whole fangame with your own levels. We need some balance, after all :P

I've finally started working through my levels to improve them so they can be added to this project. I'm starting with my most recent pack, which shouldn't take too long to fix.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »
I wonder how many users are going to select their levels then. Bear in mind I do prefer some levels to be modified and made easier (Like the late Fun levels and the early Tricky ones).

I also want different music as well! Actually, I'll do the music thing myself if I can do it. :)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 03:52:39 AM »
I have idea so we can play the number of levels by ear...  I'm going to post a topic about DOS Lemmings EXE modifications help.

minimac94, please stare at some ASCII art!

Code: [Select]
B       G
  L   R   !    !
    A        !

Nope, no new music.  I may combine the soundtracks from OhNo! and the original games together, though.  However, feel free to submit something, because if it's really really good I will reconsider.  The format must be what the original lemmings game uses, though.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 06:43:38 AM »
I have idea so we can play the number of levels by ear...
minimac94, please stare at some ASCII art!

Code: [Select]
B       G
  L   R   !    !
    A        !

ASCII art? ??? Do you know what that is? And why have you given me the code for "BLARG!!!"?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 07:44:07 PM »
Yeah, I know what ASCII art is.

By the way, I don't know how many levels the fangame will have yet.  Submit as many as you want.  Just remember, just because they have been submitted doesn't mean they will be used!

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 09:03:41 AM »
I know that this works on Lemmini. I also want levels with more than 4 entrances! I once had a level pack (which I deleted because it wasn't popular enough).

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2009, 05:13:14 AM »
I know that this works on Lemmini. I also want levels with more than 4 entrances! I once had a level pack (which I deleted because it wasn't popular enough).

What is "this" that "also works on Lemmini?"

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 07:05:33 AM »
On Lemmini I tested one of my created levels with more than 4 entrances and it worked well. Lemmix I'm not sure about. I have a look.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 10:16:20 AM »
I know the 5th (and above) trapdoors don't work in Lemmix. The first version of Dullstar's pack epic01 contained a level (which was removed before you joined the forums) with 5 trapdoors, and one of those did nothing.

I once had a level pack (which I deleted because it wasn't popular enough).
And... what about it?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2009, 12:58:15 PM »
I know the 5th (and above) trapdoors don't work in Lemmix.

Same goes for Custom Lemmings and all DOS Lemmings executables.

There is a very small chance that I might be able to hack DOS Lemmings to make it support more than 4 entrances.  On the other hand, I can think of at least two interesting uses for entrance trapdoors that don't do anything, even if there are currently no custom levels out there making such uses.