Author Topic: How many levels are in the lemmings game?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline banvatoi21

• View Profile
How many levels are in the lemmings game?
« on: November 29, 2023, 07:51:59 AM »
The NES and Game Boy versions have 100 levels, and they both have tile-based mechanics rather than pixel-based mechanics. The C64 version has a different set of 100 levels, with mechanics much closer to the original Amiga version.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Offline Herby

• View Profile
Re: How many levels are in the lemmings game?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 01:56:51 AM »
Zx spectrum and Amstard CPC have almost same 60 levels.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 03:29:04 AM »
Master System has 120 just like Amiga / DOS; most are the same but some are completely different levels, and some others have differences.

Genesis has 180. Some are the same as Amiga; many are unique. A small number of the unique ones are OhNo levels remade in Orig tilesets, but most are completely unique to this version. Many of them are also regarded as among the best official levels.

SNES has 125. 119 same as Amiga, 5 taken from Genesis, and one unique.

Win95 Lemmings (only counting Orig and ignoring OhNo) has a few less than Amiga. The special graphics levels, as well as Fun 13 and Tricky 21 are removed (without any replacement). There might have been others, not sure.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Herby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 12:18:42 PM »
Oh - No! More Lemmings Has 100 Level in almost all ports. But In Windows 95/PS1 port has only 95 levels. They are missing the last four levels of the "Tame" rating and the second level of the "Wicked" rating.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 09:05:25 PM »
the second level of the "Wicked" rating.

My copy of WinLemm has this level, but it plays at regular speed instead of superlemming speed! I've attached it, place it into the "LEVELS" folder and it should work.

Offline Herby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 12:00:46 PM »
Not bad! I founded a idea why these levels are not included.

Fun 13, Tame 17, 18, 19, 20 .- Memory Economy (Fun 13, Tricky 2, Taxing 30, and Mayhen 11 are annoying and why didn't they remove all this levels) Solution. Add.

Fun 22, Tricky 14, Taxing 15, and Mayhen 22. - Specials Levels. Separate styles for the sake of one level each. Let's save memory. It's not critical! Solution.
Make These levels from Amiga Budget Version.

Tricky 21.  - Censored! Solution. Make Another Level or forget about censorship!

Wicked 2. - Techical Problems on engine or (and) in newest computers fast forward is really fast! Solution. Add. But Techical Problems on engine is not solution. Anyway, good work!

I think... All problems are solvable!