Author Topic: list of level titles for taking  (Read 4447 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
list of level titles for taking
« on: November 09, 2021, 12:50:57 AM »
Here is a list of level titles I compiled over years. Most of which I will likely never use, as if I ever make more levels it won't be this many... (over 300). Feel free to use them. Only catch is I reserve the right to use any of them as well since I thought of them first :P [many of these are references or taken from other games actually].
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
Re: list of level titles for taking
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 12:11:22 PM »
Would be a nice idea if we create a level inspired by each of the titles on a thread :thumbsup:. Déjà Voodoo could be an obvious zombie lemmings level, whereas Even You, Brutus could be a Pillar Style level which require some original sacrifice.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 01:01:54 AM »
Some level title ideas (I'll add to this list when I think of more):

Tender Lemming Care
Green is the Colour
Blue is the Colour
Lateral Sinking
Lateral Drinking
Swim City
Pizza Toppings
Have It Your Way
Lem Turismo
Grand Lem Auto
The Lem Andreas Fault
Made in Lemmingland (or, substitute 'Lemmingland' for wherever you made the level!)
Night of the Lemming Dead (Zombie level, obv)

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 11:55:48 AM »
Some level title ideas (I'll add to this list when I think of more):

I really like those! Neato! Question, I know, I always have one :) But is it important at all to have the titles with capital letters in them or is it fine without all words being in capitals? It probably doesn't matter, but I want to be professional with mine too. Here are a few that I came up with for the taking or I may use some in the future:

The Return of the Lemming Dead (in reference to yours)
Lonic the Lemhog
Another Serving Of Doors, Please?
Lemmsylvania
A Few Seconds Matter Most
How About More Floaters Here!
Don't Push The Button Yet
Lemmhog Day
A Few Good Lemmings
The Lemtanic Disaster

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 12:20:30 PM »
I really like those! Neato! Question, I know, I always have one :) But is it important at all to have the titles with capital letters in them or is it fine without all words being in capitals?

That's entirely a matter of personal taste. The original games are notoriously inconsistent with capitalisation: most levels either just capitalise the first word, especially if the title is a sentence ("Only floaters can survive this") or follow "title case" with important words capitalised ("Curse of the Pharaohs"). But then some levels capitalise every word ("Livin' On The Edge") or capitalise "Lemming" and nothing else. One level is in all lower-case ("worra lorra lemmings"), a few are in all caps, and ONML has titles with random capital letters inside the words ("LeMming ToMato KetchUp fAcility"), especially on timed bomber levels.

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 12:44:13 PM »
Excellent! I shall not worry then, I will keep the level titles as they are in my pack, usually with only the first letter capitalized. I appreciate this great answer to my question, thanks Proxima!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 09:35:30 PM »
Night of the Lemming Dead (Zombie level, obv)

This was the title of one of the first two zombie levels ever released (from Lemmings Plus Omega; the other one was culled making NotLD the oldest surviving one).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)