Author Topic: Lemmings Revolution  (Read 8128 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lemmings Revolution Question
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2021, 11:58:17 PM »
Tanks a lot

Install the patch.

It's probably posted somewhere on the forum. I don't know if there are several patches, I merely know about one patch by the Lemmings Revolution developers.

Tanks a Lot and My Finest Moment are allegedly unsolvable in the first release of Lemmings Revolution. I remember that the patch notes say: Tanks a Lot and My Finest Moment are now completeable.

-- Simon

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2021, 12:08:33 AM »
Thanks Simon (That explains a lot) That's actually really good news for me as I only have those two levels left to solve.

Yes, that information makes sense as that is the other level I've still to solve because of the fall distance or something like that. I've spent so long on those levels and trying to figure out the right solution, I had to be careful when looking up the levels as I didn't want to see the solution.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2021, 01:19:57 AM »
Hi again, does anyone know where to get the patch?

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 01:13:20 AM »
Hi again, does anyone know where to get the patch?

Try this version; it comes pre-patched and with all levels unlocked, so they must all be possible (I'm guessing that you can reset the gameplay file or insert your own in order to restore your current progress, but definitely backup your save file somewhere before trying anything).

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2021, 08:39:47 AM »
Quick bit of Lemmings Revolution trivia: like in many Lemmings games, it's possible to rescue Blockers by removing terrain from underneath their feet.

If you're wanting to go for an all-save but need to Block on steel areas, or when there are no downwards-destructive skills for getting underneath the Blocker, you can:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Suggestion: perhaps change the name of this topic to simply "Lemmings Revolution" so that it can be a topic for general discussion of this game?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 08:46:17 AM by WillLem »

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2021, 11:51:20 PM »
Thanks WillLem for posting.  :) I think the one's I've been trying seem to have the patch applied and I was checking to see if the (High Dive) level bombs. It didn't bomb and the lemmings were still splattering in the (Tanks A lot) Level. Yes, I think you are right WillLem, it does seem a bit harder to dig under the blocker compared to the old lemming games.

Maybe it might be a case of the save file includes the patch, hmmmmmm (This is like a puzzle in itself)

I changed the topic title as WillLem was saying. :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Revolution
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2021, 01:04:34 AM »
if you haven't already found this thread; https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1433.msg36900#msg36900

it might be helpful to you. There are quite a few differences in mechanics compared to the other games. One I personally find most frustrating is no ascending/sliding. Meaning lemmings can't walk up as steep steps as they could in L1 for example, and building to higher platforms is more precise.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2021, 01:43:44 AM »
I think the one's I've been trying seem to have the patch applied
Maybe it might be a case of the save file includes the patch, hmmmmmm (This is like a puzzle in itself)

I'm not sure how that would be possible, but then again I'm not sure how Lemmings Revolution stores save data. Either way, Jeremy's version should work because the save file shows every level having been completed.

If these levels are still broken in Jeremy's version, let me know and I'll see if there is a way around it.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2021, 11:45:34 PM »
I misread gram's post sorry. I had/have the same high dive issue. I can't remember the fix for it but I do remember somebody (probably ccx) coming up with some fix; whether it was another patch or some setting you had to change on your PC to get that level to work [the game crashes when you try to load that level]. I do know its a separate patch from the Tanks a lot or any other patches. Search the forum for it, it should still be here.
Always try running the game in Administrator mode.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2021, 12:13:21 AM »
It certainly is a confusing one (lol) I think it might be the case that the high dive patch changes the fall distance. It's interesting, we are certainly getting closer to sorting this one out. Unfortunately, the lemmings still seem to splat on the (tanks a lot) level, I tried uninstalling and installing it using Jeremy's version. Even though it does say that the levels are completed, they still seem to splat on the (Tank's a lot) level. (Weird one)

Would someone else be able to try the Tank's a lot level to see if it works okay?

We will get to the bottom of this I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2021, 02:35:32 AM »
This is from what I remember, I may easily be a bit mixed up so like I said; best to search for yourself (and correct me if I'm wrong);

There are different versions of the game out there. Initial versions of the game were released with a couple of levels bugged; the most game breaking was Tanks a lot and My Finest Moment* They (the creators) released a new version which fixed this (was apparently just a patch, not all that unlike the patches GuyPerfect and ccx created.

Unlike any other Lemmings game that I'm aware; each level of this game has it's own unique deadly fall height. While they don't differ greatly; if you're really observant you can tell on a few levels where it's noticeably shorter and some where it's noticeably taller. I can't remember which levels but one in particular it's super short in place I don't think matters much anyway...

*and* on top of this; unlike any other Lemmings game, the difference in height doesn't go from survive to splat; there's at least 1 pixel/space (I think it's just one) where there's an essentially 50-50 chance of death. This is why when playing Tanks a Lot on the broken version some Lems may survive while most die. There is a spot left of the upper entrance on the level "Just you wait" that is this exact height (no patch for this level) which isn't nessecary to use to solve the level but you can use it; but if you do you have to keep trying until you get a lemming down there safely.

Anyways; the "patched" version essentially just increased the safe fall height distance in said levels (and nothing else).
I don't know about a fall height issue with The High Dive. My only issue with that level was the game crashed when trying to load it. I know this doesn't have anything to do with the official patched version because I have that version (never had any issues with Tanks a Lot) and I had the High Dive issue. My game also only crashed under certain circumstances, but I don't know what those were. The High Dive glitch never happened on win98 or winXP and only happened after some point I used it on Windows7. I'm sorry I can't remember when/why this occurred and what we did to fix it.

*I think there is a alternate solution to My Finest Moment that can get around the glitch but don't ask me to remember it.

Look up "pirohiko" on youtube for solutions to all the levels; including alternate solution to My Finest Moment.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2021, 10:44:50 PM »
Unfortunately, the lemmings still seem to splat on the (tanks a lot) level, I tried uninstalling and installing it using Jeremy's version

In that case, jkapp76's version mustn't have one of the patches that fixes these levels. All we need is to get hold of those patches and add them to the portable.

At this point, it's definitely worth us all having access to a fully working copy of Revolution which sorts all this stuff out.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2021, 12:22:30 AM »
are you guys still using the CD with this version Jeremy uploaded? Cause as far as I was aware the CD was required to run the game (according to ccx) even if you got everything off of it onto your PC. Mine won't load; it says wrong/missing hardware accelerator. But I didn't try using the CD either.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2021, 04:40:16 AM »
You don't need the CD as long as you have the files from the CD in the install folder.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2021, 11:50:56 AM »
You don't need the CD as long as you have the files from the CD in the install folder.

Ah OK... and, should placing these files into the install folder fix the broken levels, or do these still require [a patch which isn't included in your portable copy]?