Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #23 - Results  (Read 2774 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lemmings Forums Level Contest #23 - Results
« on: September 12, 2021, 05:22:30 PM »
Ladies and gentleman, we've got our final results! :)

The winning level is:

Kingshadow3's "The Monkey Cave"

Congratulations to Kingshadow3 for winning the contest! :thumbsup:

Congratulation to Armani as well as he reached the 2nd place with:

Armani's "Cactus Valley"

Choice for the prize for the first place is either:

- a month's advertising on the forum's news ticker
- picking the next contest's rules
- US $5.00 (PayPal would be the easiest here I think).

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #23 - Results
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 05:56:23 PM »
My congratulations to Kingshadow3's first-time contest win! Pretty interesting that a Rule 1 entry won for the second contest in a row.

My congratulations to Armani as well for being first runner-up, as well as Icho for second-runner up. Honestly, this was a very tough choice for me when I was deciding which level to vote for in the finals. Ultimately, I went with Armani's level, as I was more blown-away by the solution, as well as a much better decorated level IMO. Both levels are great, though!

In regards to Icho's levels, I thought his R3 was his best one, as that one was my biggest favorite out of his other contest levels. For Armani's, I thought his R1 was the best one. For KingShadow3's, I say his R1 was the best one in terms of the puzzle, but visually I like his R3 the best. Actually, all the others' contest levels were pretty good too!

As for myself, I didn't expect my own levels to go that far in the voting, and of course I was right. However, I'm curious about something, and that is what did the people who voted for my R3 see that was good about it for it to make it past the R3 voteoff? Honestly, by my pre-testing I thought Icho's R3 was really good (it's my favorite one out of his other two, though all 3 were good), so it was a huge surprise to me that level of his got eliminated. I honestly didn't think any of my levels were that good. Somewhat decent, maybe, and possibly somewhat a step up from the previous contest in terms of the puzzle, but still crappy levels IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »
Pretty interesting that a Rule 1 entry won for the second contest in a row.

Interestingly, both contest entries that won also used the same tileset, in this case "Dirt (Orig)".

Anyway...

Thanks everyone! Congrats to Armani as well. :thumbsup:
This one was a REALLY close contest! :lem-shocked:

I'd like to choose the rules for Contest #24 as my prize. Thanks again! :D

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 06:23:21 PM »
Congratulations Kingshadow!
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 06:42:27 AM »
Congratulation for well deserved winning Kingshadow3 :thumbsup:

what did the people who voted for my R3 see that was good about it for it to make it past the R3 voteoff?
I was the one who voted for your R3. And for me the best part of the level was that the way you divided the level in half and how the dark part is in sharp contrast to light part. This is kind of what I had in mind when I was picking the rule.;) And also, like I said, it's very satisfying to watch a basher sliding down the slope.
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 11:23:27 AM »
I was the one who voted for your R3. And for me the best part of the level was that the way you divided the level in half and how the dark part is in sharp contrast to light part. This is kind of what I had in mind when I was picking the rule.;) And also, like I said, it's very satisfying to watch a basher sliding down the slope.

Good to know, and thanks for the compliments :) You were one of 3 votes for my R3 level, unless you meant for when it went onto the mixed round. Otherwise, I'm curious as to what the other two found so good about my R3. Needless to say, I feel honored it got past the rule voteoff, but at the same time I was very shocked and surprised to see that it did much better than my other two levels. I don't believe in voting on my own levels, so therefore any votes that my levels get I simply let the community do all the talking there. In the same way, I honestly thought my R1 would had gotten some votes, so it was a shocker it didn't get any. Most likely due to the visual mess and clutter :crylaugh:

In turn, I voted for both your R1 and R2 in both the rule voteoffs, and I believe in the mixed round I just voted for your R1. Your R1 I voted all the way to win ;) That was the level I was the most amazed and blown away at how very good the solution is, as well as a really nicely decorated one. Well done :) 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 02:15:15 PM »
Congratulations Kingshadow3 for winning & to Armani too for runner up :thumbsup:
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 10:47:05 PM »
Congratulations Kingshadow3 :thumbsup: