Author Topic: Long Live Lemmings! (30 levels) [Difficulty: Easy-Hard]  (Read 15938 times)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Long Live Lemmings! (30 levels) [Difficulty: Easy-Hard]
« on: July 08, 2021, 06:14:56 AM »
Hurray! My second level pack is here. :)

Long Live Lemmings!

- For NeoLemmix v12.12 (or higher)
- 30 levels equally divided into Fun, Tricky, Taxing, Mayhem and Bonus
- Classic skills + (new) NeoLemmix skills including the jumper and slider
- Original Lemmings, ONML and Xmas Lemmings styles and music + music from the "original original soundtrack" that was found on a Lemmings demo disk
- Difficulty: for everyone!

Tricky 1: Spoilt for Choice

Taxing 1: You Better Watch Out

Taxing 6: All in Good Timing

Mayhem 1: Symmetry for the Devil

Thanks to all who played and gave feedback on the (contest) levels that I released earlier. :)
Lots of thanks to Armani for playtesting all levels and finding backroutes. You've been a great help! :thumbsup:

Latest update: June 18th, 2022:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 08:44:07 PM by NieSch »
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Long Live Lemmings! [Difficulty: Easy - Hard]
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 06:33:10 AM »
Wow, looks great! Congrats on the release of your second level pack. By Armani's suggestion/recommendation, I will be LPing this pack, just like I did with your Yippee! More Lemmings from last year. I will let you know when I get around to it. It's not going to be for a while, since I have some other level packs that I'm currently prioritizing.

In regards to the title, I'm going to assume that it's in honor of the 30th anniversary of Lemmings this year?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 06:53:42 AM »
Thanks kaywhyn!

In regards to the title, I'm going to assume that it's in honor of the 30th anniversary of Lemmings this year?

It is! And I "stole" the title from this great ad for ONML, drawing by Adrian Powell:

->

My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 10:11:43 AM »
Congratulation for releasing the second pack! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
It was really fun and honor to be the pre-tester for this pack.

Like NieSch's first pack "Yippee! More Lemmings", it only uses styles from original game but features brand new Neolemmix skills.(including slider which was implemented just today :lem-mindblown:)
The difficulty is beginner friendly at the first rank, increases at a nice rate and there're some tough nuts for even expert solvers toward the end.
So, I definetely recommend giving this pack a go for everyone. You can enjoy great level desinging skills and puzzles by NieSch as usual. :D
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 04:50:12 PM »
So much to play right now. I will 100% try this one for I really liked your first pack.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Long Live Lemmings! [Difficulty: Easy-Hard]
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 09:19:12 AM »
Update: V1.2, see first post for download (attachment).

Changes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 10:22:53 AM »
Update: V1.3, see first post for download (attachment).

Changes:

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 07:12:10 AM »
Has anyone played this yet? I'm looking forward to getting some feedback and I'm very curious what new backroutes are found. :)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 08:07:12 AM »
Hi Niesch,

I'm very close to getting to your pack. This is next on my to-play list, once I finish up Integral Lemmings, so it all depends on how long that pack takes me :) I can't imagine it taking too long, particularly since it's only 20 levels, and I've already managed to solve the first 5 levels. Currently stuck on the 6th level, but I think I can get myself unstuck, just need more time to think about it.

I'm looking forward to playing the levels with the new skill(s) when I get to your pack! Should be a fun LP for both you and Armani to watch
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 10:30:55 AM »
Take your time kaywhyn and ignore my impatience! :crylaugh: ;)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 06:41:08 AM »
Hi Niesch,

I'm just posting to let you know that I've started LPing this pack just today, so as promised here's the link to my LP: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJvOc1YVa8xSUjK293Q9HYSA. Enjoy! :P

I've also completed the first two ranks, so here are my replays and feedback.

General Feedback

Great pack that I'm enjoying with what I've seen so far. None have been extremely hard so far, so I definitely can see what you mean when you told me that you "feel" it's easier than Yippee! More Lemmings, although both the Fun and the Tricky ranks weren't exactly lightning fast solves. Then again, I was stuck on that final level of Tricky for a time in your first pack, so maybe overall I am having a somewhat easier time with LLL! I'm sure that will all change with Taxing and Mayhem, especially since I remember the huge jump in difficulty going from even Fun to Tricky and even more once entering the Taxing rank in Yippee! More Lemmings.

So far, I think there have only been 5 levels featuring the slider, with the hardest one so far I felt was Fun 4. Certainly the one I like the best so far featuring the slider is Fun 2. There was one level that I didn't use it, so that might be a backroute.

Fun Rank Feedback

Nice puzzles here, although I wouldn't exactly say any were super easy. However, the Fun rank of this pack felt somewhat easier or about the same difficulty as the fun rank of Yippee! More Lemmings.

Tricky Rank Feedback

The levels here were pretty much about the same level of difficulty as the Fun levels, maybe only a bit higher.

Looking forward to starting again soon and seeing how I get on with the remainder of the pack. Great one and awesome that Armani suggested/recommended me to LP this pack of yours, Niesch! ;)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 07:41:56 AM »
Hi Niesch,

I'm just posting to let you know that I've started LPing this pack just today, so as promised here's the link to my LP: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJvOc1YVa8xSUjK293Q9HYSA. Enjoy! :P

Great watch and well done! Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback too. I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Well done again and enjoy the rest of the pack. I'll definitely watch the video's! 8-)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 09:30:17 AM »
I solved the rest of the pack, i.e, the Taxing, Mayhem, and Bonus ranks. I'm back with more replays and feedback :)

Taxing Rank Feedback

Levels are a bit harder here, and this was the first rank that I didn't get completely solved in just one video.

Mayhem Rank Feedback

Even harder levels here, although I interestingly didn't struggle as much here as I did in the Taxing rank. Probably because there are no slider levels in this rank!

Bonus Rank Feedback

For levels in a rank called "Bonus," these were quite difficult!

With the completion of this pack, I must say job well-done for your second pack, Niesch! Thank you for this, and also thanks to Armani for suggesting/recommending this pack for me to LP due to his pretesting of the pack. Just like Yippee! More Lemmings, LLL! may be a short pack, but don't expect it to be a quick solve. Niesch's levels are characterized by being challenging, so that even people like me still take a while to solve them. However, I definitely enjoyed the challenges within, and I don't mind hard levels, as these are the types of levels I prefer to play/solve. I especially enjoyed playing with the slider skill in this pack. It's almost been a year since I've played levels with either of the new skills, although it's been even longer since I haven't played any laserer levels. That will all change once I start playing Armani's pack.

Glad you're doing well and that you're enjoying my LP very much! :) As usual, I look forward to reading your feedback/remarks on my solution, either here, on my LP videos, or both!

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 11:10:29 AM »
Well done completing the pack kaywhyn! :party:

About your solutions:

Thanks a lot again for the videos and your feedback! :thumbsup:

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 05:37:03 PM »
Here it is already, the "post kaywhyn update":

Update: V2.0, see first post for download (attachment).

Changes: