Author Topic: LemFan's various packs  (Read 24396 times)

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
Pack 2
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2021, 11:24:05 AM »
I am happy to release my 4th level pack, Pack 2. It consists of 4 ranks, Fun, Tricky, Taxing and Mayhem, just like the original lemmings. It has 20 levels per rank and the difficulty starts off easy, but gets quite hard from Tricky onwards.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: Pack 2
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2021, 12:37:19 PM »
Hey Lemfan.

Your levels are not packed right. All you have is subfolders with each level in each one. Before playing any of this, I want to see it fixed.

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2021, 01:48:14 PM »
They are hard, but again kind of in a semi-functional state

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2021, 02:11:46 PM »
Anyway, I have checked it, the levels are in the right order no matter what, except no level names.

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2021, 03:06:45 PM »
How hard are the levels

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »
They are quite tricky not easy ones where you solve them in 30 seconds

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2021, 04:49:40 PM »
If you keep posting easy ones then people on the lemmings forums will think, oh not him again, he keeps posting easy ones. dont bother doing his, but Pack 2 has some very tricky levels towards the end of the pack. Even will the subfolders, it is still in the right order, Fun Tricky Taxing and Mayhem, and levels are played in the right order, level 1, 2, 3 etc.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2021, 05:55:32 PM »
Here's LemFan's Level Pack 2.

I adjusted it to be more standard. I hope the author is okay with me tweaking it.

Maybe someone else could add the level names to each level file and repost?

Edit: I finished updating this level pack. I also Included the Level Pack 1 for people who want the first one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 03:08:13 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2021, 06:04:04 PM »
Anyway, I have checked it, the levels are in the right order no matter what, except no level names.

I think a bit of advice is needed here. :)

Even if jkapp76 just posted. People should learn to do this properly by themselves! :8():
Your levels are currently not a pack.
To fix this:

1.)
Put all levels from your "Level 01" - "Level 20" folders in each rank into the respective rank folder itself. As a result each rank folder should only have the 20 levels in it. Then delete all the "Level 01" - "Level 20" folders as they just clutter up everything.

2.)
Create a "levels.nxmi" textfile in each rank folder.
Inside you can specify the order inside the rank. Here is an example from a rank of the current contest:

LEVEL Armani_Cactus Valley_R1V1.nxlv
LEVEL IchoTolot_Craze_Or_Crazy__R1V1.nxlv
LEVEL kaywhyn_Everything Comes in Twos_R1V1.nxlv
LEVEL Kingshadow3_The_Monkey_Cave_R1V1.nxlv

This way the file "Armani_Cactus Valley_R1V1.nxlv" will be the first level of the rank in this example.
Do this for all of your 4 ranks.

3.)
The main folder of the pack (where the 4 rank folders are present) needs the following files:

"postview.nxmi"   - Specifies the postview texts of your pack.
"levels.nxmi"        - Specifies the ranks of your pack.
"info.nxmi"           - Specifies the general pack information.

You best use files from other levelpacks as a blueprint on how they are structured and which information they determine. Then you can adjust them to your needs. It's easier than you think!

4.)
Open your levels again in the editor and type in their respective level name inside the "Title" box and your name inside the author field.
Levels should have name + author!

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2021, 06:50:08 PM »
You best use files from other levelpacks as a blueprint on how they are structured and which information they determine. Then you can adjust them to your needs. It's easier than you think!

Agree completely with Icho here! I recently tried it myself, and it's far easier than I thought. Here, I used Icho's United pack as a blueprint and I simply imitated its structure, but replaced the names of the levels of course in the levels.nxmi file, as well as the scroller text lines wherever it differed in the info.nxmi file. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2021, 07:19:54 PM »
4.)
Open your levels again in the editor and type in their respective level name inside the "Title" box and your name inside the author field.
Levels should have name + author!

Icho's advice is very good, but I would add one caveat -- you do not need to fill in the "Author" field if you are putting together your own pack and you are the author of every level. The field is there for contests where every level has a different author, or if your pack includes (with permission) a level made by someone else. (There are also exceptional cases, such as Lemmings Redux, where the "Author" field is used for the source of each level.)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2021, 03:20:06 AM »
I had a little more free time tonight so I finished updating the level pack and re-uploaded it above.

I've been having fun playing it. I just prefer to see these packs polished and complete. Always great to see a new pack.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 05:43:17 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 07:51:55 AM »
How hard are the levels across the whole pack?

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 09:47:40 AM »
nearly time for someone to LP the pack.

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »
Are you struggling to solve any levels?