Author Topic: Level pack: LemRunner (2021)  (Read 16403 times)

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
Re: New Level pack: LemRunner
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 05:42:25 PM »
Hi Armani

I'm glad to see you've found the secret bonus levels! I can confirm there are only two of them. We considered cutting these levels from the pack for different reasons, but we ultimately decided to include them as a nice easter egg which would be revealed upon a user submitting fifty valid replays. :)

Nicely done! :D

Regarding solutions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We plan to properly add these levels to the level lists in the next update, so that everybody can enjoy them without having to dig into nxmi files.

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 07:52:20 PM »
Just letting you all know that version 2.0 has been released!
(The original link to the level pack has been modified to contain the new, updated levels.)

Special thanks to Armani for finding backroutes.

Changelog:

Tan and I have decided to wait another few days before releasing the solution pack, to give you all a chance to see the revamped levels.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 09:48:44 PM »
Hello tan x/Dexter,

I've finally managed to solve Jungle World 10, as well as Jungle World 11, and hence solved the entire first rank. Here are my replays for Jungle World. Also as promised, here is the link to my LP of your guys' level pack ;) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJuTl9UeUQB13QQBlZHAcKTn Enjoy! :P

General Remarks on the Pack So Far

Wow, these levels are quite tough, but I'm enjoying what I've seen a lot so far. I kind of expected that, especially since I've seen both the Chalkboard demo and Renaissance Lemmings. My favorite levels in the Jungle World rank were Jungle World 3 - Ziggurat and Jungle World 6 - Excavation :thumbsup: The latter in particular is difficult, but it has such a great solution :) The former isn't as difficult, but I really love how the solution comes together and what needs to be done in order to keep the crowd and pre-placed neutral safe.

For Jungle World 10, sorry to say it, but the fact that things kept failing by a pixel or I kept being a skill short made me not like the level as much as I should had. It normally takes a lot before I rage at a Lemmings level, and this happens to be one of the few that did manage to get me to rage. It's a really nice challenging level and all, but all the precision that's needed made me think otherwise. I ended up solving the original version before I solved the update version you see in the LP, as I wanted to figure out the first version as well since I couldn't solve it for a while. I saw that an extra jumper was given, as well as some kinks in the wall on the right, and I thought even with an extra jumper it's still not that easy for me. However, the solution involves something that I might had already been aware of, I just never fully realized it.

Some level feedback:

I will continue through the rest of the pack later on! :) Overall, great job so far and I'm enjoying the pack a lot. Very challenging levels that are satisfying to figure out and solve. I'm also aware that some levels have changed in the meantime, but luckily I was only on the Jungle World rank by the time the second version of the pack was released. For this, I might just simply tack on the resolved solutions of the Jungle World levels that changed at the very end of my LP. Meaning, the levels you see in the LP are from the 1st version. Generally, I don't go back and resolve updated levels if an update happens while my LP is in progress. Again, as I said before luckily the only levels I need to resolve are the Jungle World ones, as I was stuck horribly on Jungle World 10 by the time the second version of the pack dropped.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:56:15 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 07:13:46 AM »
I've resolved updated levels of first three ranks.
I have a feeling that I've found quite a lot of intended solutions this time :D
I will probably look into remaining two ranks someday in this week.

Attached zip file also contains replays which are accepted last time.
You only need to check the following levels :
Jungle 3,4,8,9,10,11
Gear 4,5,7,8,9,10
Mona 2,3,5,6,8,9,10,11

comments for individual levels (click to show/hide)
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 06:39:41 AM »
I've resolved updated levels for remaining 2 ranks.
Attached zip file is full set of my replays for LemRunner V2.0

Wacky 3,6,7,8,9
Industry 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 10:22:44 PM »
Hello tan x/Dexter,

I've finally managed to solve Jungle World 10, as well as Jungle World 11, and hence solved the entire first rank. Here are my replays for Jungle World. Also as promised, here is the link to my LP of your guys' level pack ;) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJuTl9UeUQB13QQBlZHAcKTn Enjoy! :P

General Remarks on the Pack So Far

Wow, these levels are quite tough, but I'm enjoying what I've seen a lot so far. I kind of expected that, especially since I've seen both the Chalkboard demo and Renaissance Lemmings. My favorite levels in the Jungle World rank were Jungle World 3 - Ziggurat and Jungle World 6 - Excavation :thumbsup: The latter in particular is difficult, but it has such a great solution :) The former isn't as difficult, but I really love how the solution comes together and what needs to be done in order to keep the crowd and pre-placed neutral safe.

For Jungle World 10, sorry to say it, but the fact that things kept failing by a pixel or I kept being a skill short made me not like the level as much as I should had. It normally takes a lot before I rage at a Lemmings level, and this happens to be one of the few that did manage to get me to rage. It's a really nice challenging level and all, but all the precision that's needed made me think otherwise. I ended up solving the original version before I solved the update version you see in the LP, as I wanted to figure out the first version as well since I couldn't solve it for a while. I saw that an extra jumper was given, as well as some kinks in the wall on the right, and I thought even with an extra jumper it's still not that easy for me. However, the solution involves something that I might had already been aware of, I just never fully realized it.

Some level feedback:

I will continue through the rest of the pack later on! :) Overall, great job so far and I'm enjoying the pack a lot. Very challenging levels that are satisfying to figure out and solve. I'm also aware that some levels have changed in the meantime, but luckily I was only on the Jungle World rank by the time the second version of the pack was released. For this, I might just simply tack on the resolved solutions of the Jungle World levels that changed at the very end of my LP. Meaning, the levels you see in the LP are from the 1st version. Generally, I don't go back and resolve updated levels if an update happens while my LP is in progress. Again, as I said before luckily the only levels I need to resolve are the Jungle World ones, as I was stuck horribly on Jungle World 10 by the time the second version of the pack dropped.

Hi kaywhyn!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad you liked our levels, especially Excavation (that one's a personal favourite of mine!)
My brother and I are both thrilled by your let's play pack, it feels so entertaining to see another person work their way through our levels :)

You did manage to discover several backroutes! Your solution for Ziggurat, Waste not want not and What goes up are actually backroutes (we addressed this in the last update), and there are a couple of backroutes in your gear solutions too, that we're already working on fixing.

As for Lemdiana Jones, it's intended to be very difficult, which is why it's the final level, but neither of us realised it would be so hard.
We honestly had no idea that this level would cause so much trouble, as Jungle world is supposed to be the easiest rank (in fact I considered placing Riddle of the Ancients at position #10, and having Lemdiana be the secret level, but decided that Lemdiana would be easier than Riddle. How badly I was mistaken! :forehead:)
That being said, your solution is actually a backroute! We'll be releasing a solution pack, shortly, as well as a final updates pack to fix a few issues.

Thank you so much for taking the time to play our pack! We really appreciate it, and we're looking forward to the rest of your LP!

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 10:26:14 PM »
I've resolved updated levels for remaining 2 ranks.
Attached zip file is full set of my replays for LemRunner V2.0

Wacky 3,6,7,8,9
Industry 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Hi Armani!
You've done another great job with these replays. Most of your solutions seem to be what's intended, but there are few backroutes here and there:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2021, 12:08:16 AM »
Hi kaywhyn!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad you liked our levels, especially Excavation (that one's a personal favourite of mine!)
My brother and I are both thrilled by your let's play pack, it feels so entertaining to see another person work their way through our levels :)

Hi Dexter,

Thank you for your kind words in return :) I'm more than happy to share aloud my thought processes on how I approach level solving with my LPs. Indeed, these seem to be a huge hit with the community, as everyone who has responded to the poll in my topic here https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5180.0;viewresults have indicated that my LPs have been a joy to watch. Since that has been the case since I put up the poll several months ago, I thus continue to do LPs, so long as they're a joy to watch and I continue to enjoy myself doing them, which I am ;)

You did manage to discover several backroutes! Your solution for Ziggurat, Waste not want not and What goes up are actually backroutes (we addressed this in the last update), and there are a couple of backroutes in your gear solutions too, that we're already working on fixing.

Regarding the Jungle World, that's because the solutions you see in them are version 1.0. I'm well-aware that several of them have been updated for v2.0, I just keep going with the pack until I get through it. I might just tack on the changed levels at the very end of the LP. Everything else including Jungle World 10 and after are version 2.0.

As for Lemdiana Jones, it's intended to be very difficult, which is why it's the final level, but neither of us realised it would be so hard.
We honestly had no idea that this level would cause so much trouble, as Jungle world is supposed to be the easiest rank (in fact I considered placing Riddle of the Ancients at position #10, and having Lemdiana be the secret level, but decided that Lemdiana would be easier than Riddle. How badly I was mistaken! :forehead:)
That being said, your solution is actually a backroute! We'll be releasing a solution pack, shortly, as well as a final updates pack to fix a few issues.

My solution to Lemdiana Jones is still a backroute in v2.0 even though I used all of the skills? Interesting. It's likely the way I solved it that caused me to not like it as much since I did note that my solution uses a lot of pixel precision. A lot of things kept failing by a single pixel or I kept being a skill short.

Thank you so much for taking the time to play our pack! We really appreciate it, and we're looking forward to the rest of your LP!

Now I have a new roadblock, which is Gear World 7. Hence why you and your brother haven't seen any new videos from me for almost 2 days. Again, not asking for a hint, I will keep trying. So far, the best I've done is a lose 1 solution on a save all level. Difficult level this one is. Not sure if I'm overlooking something really obvious that I haven't tried yet. So close, yet still so far from the end of the rank :XD:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2021, 09:29:16 PM »
Special thanks to Armani and Kaywhyn for sharing their solutions with us! All backroutes should (hopefully) have been fixed with this latest update. The link in the original post has been amended to cointain the latest version.

Also included is the intended solutions for all the levels.

Changelog
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 09:34:44 PM by 92Dexter11 »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2021, 09:42:25 PM »
Still no luck with Gear World 7. Since Armani has been able to solve it, that indicates the level is indeed possible (of course tan x can also confirm since he's the author of the level) with the given skillset (3 climbers, 1 jumper, 3 stackers, 3 builders, 1 glider, and 1 miner) and hence I'm likely missing something really obvious or probably some very advanced technique that's preventing me from solving it, as the best I keep doing is a lose 1 solution.

Honestly, I'm just at a loss as to what else I haven't yet tried, but I will keep trying. Guess I just need to take a break from the level/pack. I could just watch the replay or ask tan x for a hint, but that's just not me when it comes to level solving in Lemmings, as I like to figure out levels for myself. At least not before I have solved the level myself. I only watch after just to compare.

Here's hoping I can get myself unstuck sooner rather than later 

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 09:51:22 AM »
resolved all the updated levels
Attached zip file is full set of my replays for LemRunner V3.0

Jungle 4 8 9 10 11
Gear 5 10
Mona 6 8 9
Wacky 3,6,7,8,9
Industry 2,5,7,8,9

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2021, 10:24:58 PM »
Still no luck with Gear World 7. Since Armani has been able to solve it, that indicates the level is indeed possible (of course tan x can also confirm since he's the author of the level) with the given skillset (3 climbers, 1 jumper, 3 stackers, 3 builders, 1 glider, and 1 miner) and hence I'm likely missing something really obvious or probably some very advanced technique that's preventing me from solving it, as the best I keep doing is a lose 1 solution.

Hi Kaywhyn!

My brother and I have both seen your latest replay for Gear World 7, and we both encourage you to keep at it! You're very close to the intended solution ;)

If you're still finding it too difficult, why not start another world and come back to Gear World later? Each world is intended to be slightly harder than the previous, but they all start off relatively easy and get progressively harder, so there's no specific "route" that is intended.

Good luck!

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2021, 10:29:07 PM »
resolved all the updated levels
Attached zip file is full set of my replays for LemRunner V3.0

Hi Armani!
Once again, another very fine set of solutions! Many of these seem to be very close to what we intended! :thumbsup:
We simply have to applaud you for your incredible problem solving skills; you're really keeping us on our toes here! :thumbsup:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2021, 10:23:14 PM »
Hi Dexter/tan x,

Good news. After being stupidly stumped for almost 2 months, I finally solved Gear World 7. Turns out I had the solution almost all correct this entire time, but there was one very small but crucial thing that I didn't see for a very long time :forehead:

It's interesting, really, because while I was having my lunch break earlier today this Eureka moment all of a sudden came to me and I kept praying in my mind that it would work as I was going to try after I finish my lunch. Lo and behold, it does! :)

Anyway, I just wanted to give you two an update and that I will resume my LP of LemRunner next week now that I finally managed to get myself unstuck :thumbsup: I'm still currently on my hiatus from Lemmings, but rest assured that the series will resume where I left off now that I have had success in getting unstuck.

I will post my replays/feedback once I finish up Gear World. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:02:21 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2021, 07:22:22 PM »
Hi Kaywhyn,

We're looking forward to seeing the rest of your playthrough.

We enjoyed watching your attempts of gear world 7, because you were so close to the solution!

Good luck :thumbsup: