Author Topic: Level pack: LemRunner (2021)  (Read 16407 times)

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
Level pack: LemRunner (2021)
« on: April 09, 2021, 06:56:59 PM »
Hello all!

A collaboration between my older brother (tan x dx) and I. This one is based off of an old isometric platformer called LodeRunner 2.

Just like in that game, you must collect all the gold to open the exit!

Make sure you have the latest version of the LemRunner styles!

Link to the level pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxmpy93kdwjp121/LemRunner.zip?dl=1

Link to the solutions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgza0ntpwzodb82/LemRunnerSolutionsV5-2.zip?dl=1

There are 55 levels in total, split between 5 worlds. Both the levels and the worlds increase in difficulty; if you get stuck on one level, try starting a different world!

You'll need to download the corresponding style packs in order to play this. You can get the styles here:

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5535.0

Here are some screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let us know what you think! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 05:06:40 PM by 92Dexter11 »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Level pack: LemRunner
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 07:07:14 PM »
Hi Dexter,

I just downloaded the pack, and wow, these levels look great! :thumbsup: I really liked your Chalkboard and Renaissance style levels, so I know both your brother and you have great artistic taste. That continues to hold true with the LemRunner pack :) I'm sure you noticed that I recently posted my replays for both Chalkboard and Renaissance Lemmings, though I have yet to get any feedback on my solutions. I especially love your brother's username, as I love calculus myself and am a math teacher ;)

I would love to LP (let's play) this pack, meaning record myself solving these levels in real time, and when I do, I'll link you and your brother to my YT ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 07:11:46 PM »
Thank you so much!!

I haven't yet had a look at your replays, I'll be sure to check them out when I get the chance.

I would absolutely love to see you do a lets play of our levels! That would be so cool. I should warn you though, some of the later levels are seriously tricky! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 07:29:06 PM »
I would absolutely love to see you do a lets play of our levels! That would be so cool. I should warn you though, some of the later levels are seriously tricky! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I believe this. Both Chalkboard and Renaissance Lemmings had a lot of bite to them, with a lot of deceivingly tough levels :laugh: I eventually solved both after much struggling, so I expect my struggles will continue with LemRunner too. I don't mind difficult levels, though. I pretty much play levels of any difficulty.

Looking forward to playing through this pack in the upcoming days! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 07:53:28 PM »
I also look forward playing through this. :thumbsup:

The styles look amazing as always! :thumbsup:

I will post replays when I got to playing through it!

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 07:33:30 AM »
Hello dexter!
I've played first 2 ranks of the packs and attached my replays :D
I didn't know that you guys made renaissance tileset which is my favorite. I made one of my level for current level design contest with it.
And these new tileset also looks very nice :thumbsup: combined with well fitting music.
I'm personally not a huge fan of button levels but here the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages.
I've been enjoying very much so far :thumbsup: I will play other 3 ranks in the next few days.
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 05:49:52 PM »
Hello dexter!
I've played first 2 ranks of the packs and attached my replays :D
I didn't know that you guys made renaissance tileset which is my favorite. I made one of my level for current level design contest with it.
And these new tileset also looks very nice :thumbsup: combined with well fitting music.
I'm personally not a huge fan of button levels but here the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages.
Hi, thanks so much for your responses!

My brother and I have had a look through your replays, and we must say we are impressed by your puzzle solving abilities! :thumbsup:

We really appreciate you guys playing this and finding backroutes, as this allows us to make our levels much stronger. We're looking forward to seeing your solutions for the remaining worlds, so we can update those too.

We're already planning updates to fix all the backroutes, and we will release an updated version of the pack after we've recieved more replays of the remaining worlds.

Jungle World Spoilers:
Gear World Spoilers:

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 07:31:35 AM »
Next two ranks solved.

I most likely to play final rank tonight(it's about 4:30pm here) or tomorrow.

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 07:56:07 PM »
Mona World Spoilers:

Wacky World Spoilers:

These are some pretty incredible solutions, backroutes not withstanding!
We look forward to seeing your industry replays.

The jungle/gear levels have mostly been fixed and we are planning on releasing a version 2.0 for the entire pack in a few days. I think I may also release the intended solutions pack along with it.

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 06:07:02 AM »
Here're my solutions for final rank levels ;)
Industry World (click to show/hide)

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 06:23:50 PM »
Industry World spoilers:
Another very impressive series of solutions!
We're working on fixing all of our levels, and we should have a version 2 ready in a few days.

...you still haven't solved every level, however...
Dig a little deeper... ;)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2021, 08:53:25 PM »
Just posting to let both Dexter and tan x dx know that I've started playing through the pack a few days ago, as well as how I have an LP available. However, I'm currently held up by Jungle World 10. I believe Armani said that he was able to solve it, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway: Do I have your guys' assurance that Jungle World 10 is possible with the given skillset? I haven't read any spoilers, as I prefer not to read them until I have solved the level myself. In this particular case,

Other than this, I don't know any other way to get around the level. I'm not asking for a hint for the level, just want to get solvability confirmed by the pack authors. In other words, you guys have a working replay that solves the level. Like I said, I'm not asking for a hint, nor am I asking for the replay from you both. I'm going to keep trying on this level after I get confirmation of the level being possible with the skillset given. I would had skipped this level already just so I don't hold up the LP if I can't get it solved, but honestly I personally prefer not to skip ahead and instead I prefer to solve every level in order. That's just me, though :P

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2021, 09:08:10 PM »
Hi Kaywhyn! I'll take this one since it is my level :)

Do I have your guys' assurance that Jungle World 10 is possible with the given skillset?

I can indeed confirm that this level is possible with the given skillset. :thumbsup:

However, the solution submitted by Armani has revealed a backroute that I have already patched. Dexter and I will be updating the levels in a few days, so it's up to you whether or not you want to wait until then.

You also mentioned that you are LPing the pack? Do you have a link to the video(s)? Or are you waiting until you've completed everything first? Either way, I would love to see it! :D

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2021, 09:14:39 PM »
Perfect, that's all I needed to know :thumbsup: Real stumper that one is, but I'll keep trying. I was going to wait until I have finished all of Jungle World and posted feedback before linking to my LP ;). In other words, I was going to provide the link to the LP after I have solved an entire rank. So, how long before I provide the LP link really depends on how long it takes me to solve Jungle World 10. I would love to have you both watching the videos and seeing me apply my thought processes when approaching level solving :)

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 05:07:07 AM »
...you still haven't solved every level, however...
Dig a little deeper... ;)

:evil::lem-mindblown::evil::lem-mindblown::evil::lem-shocked:

Are there no bonus levels for other 3 ranks ??