Author Topic: [SUG][FORUM] Native dark mode  (Read 4138 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SUG][FORUM] Native dark mode
« on: June 28, 2020, 11:34:57 PM »
I've tried a fair few Chrome extensions, some of which offer multiple CSS options to tweak a website to various "dark" themes...

However, very few of these extensions produce decent results on this website.

How possible would it be to implement a dark mode that's specifically written for lemmingsforums.net, and therefore takes into account all of its various quirks?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: [SUG][FORUM] Native dark mode
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
I support this suggestion if it's technically feasible.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 08:29:53 PM »
It's technically feasible in the sense of, SMF supports custom themes and this could be done by creating one.

The issue is that I'm not really sure where to start on doing so, nor do I see it as anywhere near a top priority. However, if someone else is willing to create one (or find an existing suitable one and make the necessary customizations to Lemmings-ize it), I'm more than happy for it to be added to the site.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 12:26:40 AM »
if someone else is willing to create one (or find an existing suitable one and make the necessary customizations to Lemmings-ize it), I'm more than happy for it to be added to the site.

Cool! I'll look at doing it. I'm pretty sure it's all HTML and CSS, which I can just about manage with help from friends :lemcat:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 02:36:43 AM »
OK... so, here's what I have so far:

I've managed to locate the code for certain parts of the background and the main body text, but I'm struggling to find the header text and certain other parts of the background. The page seems to be made up of lots of individual elements, and the styles are all over the place.

I'm using Google's "Inspect" feature to play with this: if any of the site admins know if there's a more accessible way to work on this, I'd be very grateful to know about it!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:35:18 PM by WillLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 03:33:30 AM »
Closing this topic. Discussion can continue in the official Dark Theme announcement topic. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)