Author Topic: Lemmings Plus 3 - Nearly here! [edit: Released!]  (Read 25217 times)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus 3 - Nearly here! [edit: Released
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2006, 05:42:22 PM »
Disappointingly, I've tried what must be every possible variation on Sunrise's idea for Lane of Lament and it does seem to be impossible to get 100%, so I'll put that back on my "maximum possible already reached" list.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 02:47:51 AM »
If only the trap was a single pixel higher, then it'd be possible...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 10:58:08 AM »
Yes -- or if the gap was just one pixel narrower!  ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2006, 02:34:20 AM »
Hm. Do you know any surefire way to trigger that builder replay glitch? If so, our 100% solution is found.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2006, 10:38:43 AM »
No, that won't work. First, the replay glitch applies to all skills, not just builders. When the glitch happens, I either get the blocker blocking as he steps down and so immediately becoming a walker again, or else the miner is in the wrong place and doesn't release the blocker. Worse, even if by luck both of those did work as normal but the builder got glitched, he hits the wall and turns back.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2006, 07:07:28 PM »
Umm, I saved 59/60 on Wakazashi 6 - Paradeath. However, the second set of fire traps don't affect your lemmings, so that is probably why that was possible. (Ahribar, it is very dubious to assume that the maximum possible has been reached simply because every skill has been used, but in this case it is likely just a case of a defective trap.)

Also, I'm not sure if this has been pointed out, but Kozuka 15 - Falling Out is bugged in that all of the exits are functional (I think this is a Cheapo limitation). To work around it, you'd need to update the style to have a decoration object that looks like an exit.

Quote from: Sunrise link=1139190438/45#48 date=1142390060
Hm. Do you know any surefire way to trigger that builder replay glitch? If so, our 100% solution is found.

Generally, a solution that requires a Cheapo replay glitch (builder, window order, or otherwise) is not considered legitimate.

Oh, and the surefire way to trigger it is to do some pixel-precise moves correctly, then make a small goof at the end of the level. Then, you'll find out in the replay that the builder timing glitches and you have to start all over!

More seriously, it tends to glitch when you pause a lot and/or assign skills during pause. I have no solid evidence for this, but just my experience.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait link=1139190438/45#50 date=1142449648
Umm, I saved 59/60 on Wakazashi 6 - Paradeath. However, the second set of fire traps don't affect your lemmings, so that is probably why that was possible.
Nope, the normal solution requires the fact that you can fall safely past those traps, and it's still only just possible. I really would like to know how you achieved this......

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2006, 09:08:52 PM »
Oh? Well, the solution (backroute I assume) I used was the most direct and simple thing I could think of... extremely straightforward. I bet it's harder to come up with the save 56 solution than this! For a hint I guess, the one lemming who dies is the blocker, who is bombed.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »
Hmm....... does it involve the blocker-releasing-crowd-as-he-shrugs glitch? I tried a solution with that but the crowd didn't get past him in time, about half of them fell. I suppose it could be fine-tuned.....

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2006, 09:21:25 PM »
No glitches necessary. Like I said, straightforward!

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2006, 09:53:41 PM »
Ah, I got it!  ;D  Nice nice catch...... I'll update the records page at once.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2006, 10:16:27 PM »
Two new records!

Kozuka 16: Icy Flame -- 48/50. As you say, this one is definitely the maximum, I don't think even Shvegait could disagree.

Wakizashi 2: Eternal Fire -- 100%. Told you it was possible!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2006, 09:59:17 AM »
Interesting, I'd like to know how you acheived that 100%.

Anyway, I'd say make Copyright Infringement Part 2 the next target, as it's the only one that I think 100% may be possible on that still remains. The rest may be improveable(especially "It's A Blast"), but definately are imperfect.
My Lemmings projects

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2006, 10:08:16 AM »
RR15. Dig through the diagonal pole. Because of the higher RR, the first two lemmings will now be very close. Make them both climbers. Make the front one a blocker at a certain point -- because they're so close the second lemming will be turned around instantly -- have him dig straight away and you should release the blocker! Make the digger mine, and build up at the bottom of the wall so the lemmings can climb into the mine tunnel.

As for Copyright Infrigement Part 2.... the real sticking-point is how to do the bottom-right portion without wasting a shitload of bridges. The other three portions should all be 100%able, but I'm not sure about that one. I'll keep trying.......

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2006, 08:43:35 PM »
The blocker and bomber aren't the same lemming in the intended solution, but maybe there's a way around that? It might even be possible just to bring it up to 159 - that's still an improvement
My Lemmings projects