Author Topic: Lemmings Plus 3 - Nearly here! [edit: Released!]  (Read 23534 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus 3 - Nearly here! [edit: Released
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2006, 01:35:04 AM »
I don't think 2.16 is actually that hard. But I'm almost certain it's not 100%able.

In fact, 1.16 is harder than 2.16 in my opinion, as it's easier to do without floaters.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 03:04:02 AM »
Any new broken records? (I silently updated the last page to include my new records on "Forgotten Dream" and "Final Countdown" btw)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2006, 10:59:11 AM »
Well, I'm going to be very busy in the next couple of weeks, but I'll try to have a go at all the "imperfect" levels over the Easter break, see how well I can do! Here's one to be getting on with:

97 out of 100 on Wakizaski 20: This Way....

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2006, 08:21:04 PM »
95 may be barely possible, but I have serious doubts that 97 will be acheived.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2006, 08:31:57 PM »
Sorry if the way I expressed it was ambiguous; I meant that I have actually achieved 97.

Also, 100% on Zanmato 1: Lane of Lament. Unfortunately, 100% seems to be really impossible on the Wakizaski "Lane of Lament" level because of the really tight time limit.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2006, 08:50:38 PM »
High scores updated.

How are you going with the other levels anyway(the "perfect" ones)?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2006, 09:10:09 PM »
As I said, I'm too busy to give much time to Lemmings at the moment, and this will continue to be the case for another week or so. I think I solved all the levels up to about halfway through the third set so far, except for 1.16 and 2.16.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »
Wow, those two aren't THAT hard...
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »
But then I haven't had another look at them since getting nowhere the first time. Maybe if it happens to be my turn when we reach 1.16 in the level list game I'll see if I can solve it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2006, 09:19:10 PM »
1.16 is actually possible to get 100% on. 2.16 isn't, my best is lose 3.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 11:05:33 AM »
Yeah, I think that's why I found it so hard, I was trying for 100% as with the other Daigoro levels -- if I was just trying to pass the level I might have found it easier!

A couple new records, now:
Kozuka 9 (Muck): 123 out of 200
Wakizashi 14 (Where are the lemmings): 29 out of 30

Also, I've put up a webpage to keep track of my progress on breaking these records!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 07:46:13 PM »
Lemmings Plus 3: The "Imperfect Levels"
This page is for me to track my own progress on the imperfect (that is, non-100%able) levels of Lemmings Plus 3. There are 17 levels so far that neither Sunrise nor I have succeeded in getting 100% on, so I wanted to list which ones it's definitely impossible and which ones I haven't yet tried.

A: Appears on Sunrise's "Imperfect Levels" guide but 100% is actually possible
Kozuka 2: Luck
Kozuka 3: Advanced Blocking
Kozuka 4: Forgotten Dream
Kozuka 19: Short Level
Wakizashi 5: Interlocked
Zanmato 1: Lane of Lament
Zanmato 2: Survivors Will Be Shot Again

B: 100% is not possible but the maximum possible has definitely been reached
Daigoro 1: Block Blow Go (16/20). Two blockers and two bombers needed to make a route to the exit.
Kozuka 11: F-level (16/20). Exactly the same.
Wakizashi 7: Paradeath (56/60). No skills left over, therefore no way to save the four lemmings that die in the main solution.
Wakizashi 9: Lane of Lament (19/20). Not enough time to make a route under the trap without bombing. <-- I actually have an idea for this one.
Wakizashi 14: Where Are The Lemmings (29/30). One bomber needed to make a path.
Wakizashi 16: The Left Or Right Puzzle (35/40). Five bombers needed to make a path.
Wakizashi 20: This Way... (97/100). Three bombers needed to make short cuts in the route.

C: Levels I've tried but I'm not sure the maximum possible is reached yet
Kozuka 9: Muck (123/200). Might be possible to get slightly more by fine-tuning stuff. Definitely not possible to get much more than this.
Wakizashi 2: Eternal Fire (39/40). I remain convinced that 100% might be possible.
Wakizashi 11: Final Countdown (77/80). I don't know what trick Sunrise used to get 77 (my best is 75) so it's possible that if I work that out, I'll be able to use it to save even more. Or maybe when I know the trick it will just be obvious that 77 is indeed the maximum. 100% is definitely impossible. <-- PM me if you want me to give you the 77/80 solution

D: Levels I've looked at briefly but haven't yet had a real go at finding the maximum possible
Kozuka 16: Icy Flame (47/50) <-- 48 may be possible, no more than that though
Wakizashi 15: The Last Laugh (72/80)
Zanmato 4: Copyright Infringement Part 2 (158/160) <-- If you have a few hours of spare time on your hand, there is a way - repeated use of the "Lemmings from a different entrance" glitch. I am certian this is the highest possible without glitches though
Zanmato 11: Down The Middle We Go (76/80) <-- Definately not possible to get any higher. A blocker is nessecary, and there's no way to get over the gap quicker
Zanmato 12: Zanmato 12 (78/80)
Zanmato 18: Grounded (26/30)
Zanmato 19: It's A Blast (55/80) <-- Wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to get 60 or so
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2006, 07:57:54 PM »
Okay, on Wakizashi Lane of Lament I managed to get past the trap without losing any lemmings, however the first lemming in line got to the bridge a split second too soon - the slightest time more and it would have been 100%.

Therefore, I am certian now that 100% is possible.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2006, 08:58:14 PM »
Very nice! I have no idea what trick you've thought up, but do tell me if you succeed in reaching 100%. I'll have to see if I can work out how you did it!

Please do tell me your method on Final Countdown -- I used up my whole stock of ideas getting to 75/80.

I'm sure you're right about Down The Middle We Go, but as I haven't found the solution to that level yet I can't be completely sure. Don't tell me the solution though, I'm sure I'll get there.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2006, 11:17:15 AM »
Damn, I really should have thought of that device on Final Countdown myself.... my 75/80 solution was so close! And I agree, that is going to be the maximum without using the window order glitch.

I've solved Down The Middle We Go now, and you're right again there, 76/80 is the maximum (though this time with the window order glitch you can probably even get 100%).

I'll update my webpage with these two records soon.