Author Topic: [DISC][PLAYER] The final new object types  (Read 27721 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [DISC][PLAYER] The final new object types
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2021, 08:50:56 PM »
I am going to nominate one week from today, as the "closing date" for ideas.

So if you've got any ideas you've been thinking about but haven't quite fleshed out yet, throw them at us now. :)

To be very clear: This is about raising ideas in the first place. Ideas that are already under discussion will continue to be discussed beyond this date.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2021, 08:55:32 PM »
Additionally, the permanent skill assigner has been promoted to a strong contender. This doesn't mean it's guaranteed to make the cut (though it does more or less guarantee it'll at least get an experimental).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2021, 12:15:03 PM »
I have decided to rule out one such object on technical grounds - the Zombie-to-Normal variant is ruled out

In that case, how about an exit which only admits zombies. Such an exit could also be fatal to non-zombies.

They could simply add to the existing save counter (i.e. no need for an additional "zombie save" counter, IMHO).

With the many gadgets in NeoLemmix, it's certainly often doable to replicate X with Y

But not always aesthetically elegant, and certainly not always without additional issues (backroute possibilities, timing issues, etc).

can you trap the lemmings to be portalled in a pit with a slow-consuming teleporter

No - this would mean that the lemmings would ungroup at the other end. The level design may require the lemmings to remain as grouped as they were upon entering the portal.

Also, time is a factor when having to wait for many lemmings to enter a teleporter.

Personally, I predict that the portal will become much more used than the teleporter for lemming transportation if it does get implemented :lemcat:

I have a hunch that the portal will pull more weight than I see at first glance

Concurred; I predict that the portal will become much more used than the teleporter for lemming transportation if it does get implemented :lemcat:

I'm still waiting for a smash hit: An idea so good that namida reacts with "oooooh" and where I'm envious because I didn't think of it first

Me too, to be honest. It seems that a lot of ideas have already been suggested and tried, so the chances of a smash hit seem less likely as time goes on and the deadline for ideas approaches. I still think moving platforms, trampolenes and any other object which offers more movement potential has "good idea" engrained into it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2021, 07:18:26 PM »
I didn't remember to post at the time, but at this point - the deadline for ideas is well and truly passed. So, no further ideas will be considered at this point - it's now time to turn our attention, to looking in more detail at the existing proposals.
My Lemmings projects