Author Topic: Revenge of the Lemmings (conversion to v12.7) community help appreciated :)  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings (conversion to v12.7) community help appreciated :)
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2020, 01:26:11 am »
Feedback and replays through the end of Carnage. Since Carnage 30 "I am I.S." is the wrong level (the RotL level is called "I am I.S. Part 2" in Insane Steve's World), I've attached my replay for that level separately.

Unsolved levels: 9 "Training Zone Omega", 11 "A sea of purest green", 27 "Finding a place to stay" and 29 "Recurrent Sacrifice". The first three clearly belong in Armageddon, and I don't feel like tackling 29 at the end of a really long solving session.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2020, 08:40:55 am »
Got some talismans for you!  Most of them have been restored from the previous version of Revenge of the Lemmings

- The Shaft (Picnic 30): Silver - save everyone.
- Crystal Caves (Hootenanny 8): Gold - only use 4 Miners.
- MORE WEE CREATURES (Hootenanny 16): Gold - no bombers.
- Works on so many levels... (Hootenanny 24): Gold - no diggers.
- The Texas Lemming Massacre... (Devious 12): Bronze - save everyone.
- The One Way Block (Devious 21): Bronze - only use one of each skill.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2020, 08:45:44 am »
- About to Break (Frenzy 27): Silver - no climbers.
- Ups and Downs (Picnic 7): Bronze - save everyone using only miners

Also I've revamped "Ups and Downs" to match its repeat, "The Endless Steps" (a 4th trapdoor was added).  I've included the level to fix the music track and add a time limit (since thats a theme in Revenge of the Lemmings).  Originally I included a talisman to use only Bombers, but given that the only other skill are Climbers, I don't think it warrants it.

"Clonic Inferno" is more experimental (and doesn't include a talisman), but I've enforced my specific solution and want to see how it plays out in general.

I've also added an update to "Blast Furnace" - rescue requirement increased from 64 to 72 and the climbers have been removed in order to patch namida's backroute as well as my own take on it.  There was a talisman that tasked you to save 75 lemmings, but if you play the level properly, this should be easy enough to accomplish and so I don't feel it warrants a talisman. SEE BELOW FOR THE LATEST VERSION

UPDATE: Fixed Ups and Downs... also forgot part of the achievement.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:25:21 am by Crane »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2020, 08:13:49 pm »
Mostly for Proxima's benefit, here is what I think is the intended solution to Clockwork Pink (Pain 15) - this level was a little bit harder when you couldn't bomb lemmings that were standing on steel.

Also, here's a fixed version of Herculems, and a version of "Hey, that's not cool guys" with a deadly ceiling fix.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:12:04 pm by Crane »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2020, 02:26:01 am »
Another backroute fix to Blast Furnace - it's meant to be a more involved level than first impressions might imply.

Sometimes I just hate Builders!

Since Blast Furnace may now be too hard for Devious, here's the latest version of Deep Freeze as a candidate for Devious 30... if it works as a rank finisher.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:55:25 am by Crane »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2020, 08:18:39 pm »
A deadly ceiling fix for the two versions of The Shaft.