Author Topic: its not about the played, its the player  (Read 944 times)

Offline The64Watcher

• jr brony nerd
  • uhh tomato if you see this hi
    • View Profile
its not about the played, its the player
« on: June 21, 2024, 09:59:06 PM »
what im saying is try to teach your pet how to play lemmings, press the buttons, and all the skills and how to play the game, and even some modding up a setup for easier conveiniece! :lemcat::8:()[::8:()[::8:()[::8:()[::lemcat:
ALL RUNS FOR CHALLENGES MUST BE RECORDED AND PUT ON YOUTUBE:forehead:, REPLY YOUR RUNS, A PROPER EXAMPLE IS SHOWN BELOW.

[USERNAME]
My pet is named [PET NAME]
And [PET NAME]'s species is [PET SPECIES]
My pet uses the setup by [IN DEPTH EXPLANATION OF SETUP]
My Run Link is [YOUTUBE URL]

:8():
:8:()[:
:8():
Challenges
:tal-bronze:: Your Pet is able to Assign skills and beat at least 10-20 levels
:tal-silver:: Your pet can beat the first half of lemmings (including pressing the next level button
:tal-gold:: Your Pet can beat THE ENTIRETY OF LEMMINGS including going to the next level by their self, fast forward, nuke on fail, and complete the game without any help.
If you get gold: Your pet can join in Hall Battles, polls of the best pets!
:tal-platnium:(if they had one): your pet can stream neolemmiix and level packs LIVE.
(same benefits as gold
i am the best rec roomie in the forums yall

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: its not about the played, its the player
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2024, 09:48:22 PM »
...I don't think many people are going to have the time to train a pet to play Lemmings, nor a pet that would actually be capable.

I think the most likely candidates for pet species that might have a shot at this - but even then, you'd be looking at years if not decades of training them - would be African Grey or Eclectus parrots, or rats (though rats' lifespans might be a bit too short to train them; African Greys and Eclectuses can make it well beyond 30 years so lifespan isn't such an obstacle there).
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2024, 07:00:08 AM »
To add to this, I'd probably put Chimpanzees, Gorillas and other trainable primates forward as potential candidates for being able to learn a video game as complex as Lemmings.

If the interface could be adapted for underwater conditions, perhaps Dolphins and Orcas could also give it a very good try!

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2024, 08:11:26 AM »
At least my bunny doesn't seem interested in playing Lemmings :XD:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]