Author Topic: Lemmings Emojis!  (Read 383 times)

Offline WillLem

• Professor of Lemmingology
    • View Profile
Lemmings Emojis!
« on: November 20, 2019, 11:02:12 pm »
Hi site maintainers,

I've designed a few emojis to add to the board if you like them.

All best,

WillLem 8-)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Emojis!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 11:12:05 pm »
Hi WillLem, you sure have contributed a lot already WillLem, :thumbsup: it will be interesting seeing the new Emojis, see what Namida thinks of it.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 01:24:03 am »
Just a quick bump. Anyone sold on these? Namida?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 07:11:41 am »
Yes, several good ones! (forehead) and (cat) are very important to have.

I'll merge them when I find time these weeks. Other admins might have more time.

Critique on (rolling eyes), (excited), and (cute): These are hard to distinguish from some existing smileys, and from each other. I encourage hyperbole, the smiley should have one feature that overwhelms the picture, usually large eyes or large mouth. Can you improve these?

For fair comparison: The existing smileys are much worse, many are impossible to distinguish without squinting. :) ;) >:( :( :o :-\ :'( :D :XD: :laugh: Also lots of redundancy, we need one smiley with surprised googly eyes, not 3. :o :lem-shocked: :lem-mindblown: The reason that we still have 3 is that pepole complain about every healthy purge, and we've have no strong mind to withstand that complaining. Also so many Lix smileys that we all merged without proper weeding. Lots of existing stuff should eventually move to the [more...] link of the post editor.

I've even run database analyses to see what can be cut. The problem is that everything gets used over time, makes outright culls hard. But we certainly must improve here. The post editor is agonizingly slow to load, to present us with confiserie exclusiv, such as the marquee button.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 07:22:27 am by Simon »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 05:56:23 pm »
Sounds like you've put far more thought into this than I likely ever have or will - I'll leave it to you to make the call on these, then. I have no objection to adding more if they're useful / good.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 10:37:45 pm »
Any advance with this? :)