Author Topic: Packs downloadable by NeoLemmix Installer  (Read 12356 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Packs downloadable by NeoLemmix Installer
« on: August 17, 2019, 09:04:40 PM »
So - you probably saw that I made a new NeoLemmix installer lately. Even prior to this, Nepster's one also installed some packs along with NL itself.

Currently, I've chosen the packs based mostly on Nepster's existing list from the old installer, with a few additions that were suggested by other forum members. But going forward - I would like for this to be on an opt-in system. So - if you would like your pack to be listed in the NeoLemmix installer, please request it here.

There are some rules:
1. Your pack must be of decent quality. This doesn't mean every level has to be a Level Of The Year candidate; just that the levels should be amateurish, or troll levels, etc.
2. Your pack must have a reliable download link. Ideally, this will be a link that remains valid when you update the pack, but if not, please make sure to let us know when you've made updates so we can update the download link. Forum attachments can count if you don't expect your pack to still be getting regular updates.
3. Your pack must be available as a ZIP file (not RAR, or 7Zip, or any other archive), or a group of ZIP files. Ideally, these ZIPs should be designed to be extracted to the base NeoLemmix folder (see any downloads of my packs for an example of this), but they can also extract to the "music" folder, the "levels" folder, or a folder named after the pack inside the "levels" folder. Every ZIP file for your pack must be extracted, in full, to one of these four destinations.
4. Your pack must work correctly with, and be solvable in, the latest stable version of NeoLemmix at the time of your submission. Additionally, it must not use any features for which culls are confirmed to be coming, or any features which are not officially supported*.

* An exception to this: Packs that make use of custom pickup skills will be accepted even prior to them getting official support, provided the custom pickup skill object they use is in the NeoLemmix styles download and has been updated to include the Shimmier in the correct position. However, those that rely on a new custom pickup skill object made specifically for the pack, will need to wait until official support for such is implemented.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Packs downloadable by NeoLemmix Installer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 09:11:43 AM »
I think at least one of the official packs should be included in the download, particularly the Original Lemmings. I actually re-downloaded the installer yesterday for someone else's computer, and was surprised to find out that it wasn't there. Any reason?

Other than that, it's nice to see some level packs included in the main installation process.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:38:10 PM »
The original packs aren't really all that "NeoLemmix-y", it was decided to preserve them as-is outside of the changes already made, or those needed to keep them compatible and solvable. However, I intend to add Lemmings Redux once the new-formats version is available, and that fills more or less the same role.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 09:06:51 AM »
I'd like to suggest my pack Yippee! More Lemmings for this.

I hope it ticks all the boxes. :)
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 09:37:04 AM »
I'd like to suggest my pack Yippee! More Lemmings for this.

I hope it ticks all the boxes. :)

Added. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 02:07:34 PM »
Thanks!
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft