Author Topic: [Bug] [Player] "Let's go!" sound only plays on the left ear  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
[Bug] [Player] "Let's go!" sound only plays on the left ear
« on: December 31, 2018, 12:19:47 AM »
The latest experimental version of the player containing the Shimmier features a minor annoyance which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the introduction of the new skill at all:

The "Let's go!" sound at the beginning of a level is only presented on the left ear exclusively, no matter how far to the right the hatch is placed. Since the location of the sound usually tries to emulate the position of the hatch relative to the camera, meaning the sound will wander from left to right if you move the camera around before releasing the pause button, I guess there's something off with that location-determining routine? Because the sound file itself did not change, so there's nothing wrong with the inherent panorama information of the WAV file.

It's especially striking because the hatch opening sound which comes immediately afterwards is presented on both ears again, dead centre :D .
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [Bug] [Player] "Let's go!" sound only plays on the left ear
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 01:45:46 PM »
The experimental version already has the fix for the amplified yippie sound bug. Seems that this fix had some side-effects. Will look into it.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 01:56:10 PM »
The experimental version already has the fix for the amplified yippie sound bug. Seems that this fix had some side-effects. Will look into it.

Extended to that: Is there a way to also not amplify the swimmer splash, when like multiple swimmers enter the water? The solving contest and now this topic reminded me of that. ;P

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »
The non-amplifying code should apply to any kind of sound effect, not just the "Yippie"-sound. Could you please check whether the swimmer splash problem still occurs in the experimental version of NeoLemmix?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »
The non-amplifying code should apply to any kind of sound effect, not just the "Yippie"-sound. Could you please check whether the swimmer splash problem still occurs in the experimental version of NeoLemmix?

Tested it and it's alright now. No super loud monster splash. :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 04:44:42 AM »
Bump, will look into this soon.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »
Fixed in commit DC7C869.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)