Author Topic: [Fixed][BUG][EDITOR] Unhelpful error message on clean install, then doesn't run.  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
I downloaded the latest version of neolemmix from the website, by clicking on "Latest stable NeoLemmix Player: V12.2.0"
It had the editor included in the file, and I had installed it in a brand new folder.
I open the editor and this unhelpful error message, with Dutch in it shows up:

Selecting yes doesn't open the editor.
This seems to have been fixed by downloading the seperate styles folder from the website and merging it with the one that had been included.
The error message here says nothing to indicate that would fix it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:47:42 PM by Nepster »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
"Latest stable NeoLemmix Player" does only include the player, but not the styles.

Indeed the error message could be more helpful by hinting right at the missing styles.

But we included a full install (player+styles) right on the front page that's intended for first time installs: https://www.neolemmix.com/?page=index

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
somehow missed that giant button :lem-shocked:
but when i tried to install i got this new error message

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ok, I have no knowlege of that error. Nepster and maybe even Nessy will have to take a look at that.

But for now downloading the player and after that the styles seperately seem to work.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
The installer didn't work for me either the last time I tried to update. But I thought it was a problem specific to my PC, rather than a general one, that's why I didn't report it ;) .

I hadn't updated for quite a while before, so I thought the installer was getting confused somehow by what previous version of New Formats was already installed.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
I fixed the first editor bug: It lets you now start without styles again. However it should have displayed a warning message about missing styles even in the current version. Did you not get this?

Will look into the installer bug in a minute.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Rgarding the installer issue: Nessy seems to have changed the security protocol of the NeoLemmix homepage (likely from TSL1.0 to TSL1.1 or 1.2), which my installer couldn't handle any more. This is fixed now.

PS: Note that when I tested it right now, the NL homepage still had the old version 12.2., because Nessy didn't yet have time to update it.