Author Topic: graphic set additions  (Read 12238 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
graphic set additions
« on: November 19, 2017, 03:07:05 AM »
Because the new format allows for super-easy graphic set alteration and I often seem to run into issues where when making levels I need a piece that doesn't exist and I create it: Here is a topic where I may occasionally pop in to add new tiles to existing sets. If it's an original set I'll just post; if it's a set by somebody else I'll ask first.

#1: a diagonal thin bar for the original hellfire set. Put this in Neolemmix/styles/orig_fire/terrain

this was removed because it was faulty; please see later post with a corrected version.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 10:41:30 PM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: graphic set additions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
This piece will be added as "bars_diag_01.png" to the "orig_fire" style in the next update. If you already downloaded this piece yourself, please rename it yourself.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
a diagonal wooden piece for the pillar set. (Because I didn't care for how the L2 diagonal pieces lined up).
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 04:09:00 PM »
I finally got around to fixing the diagonal bar for fire: this piece should not have any transparency or nonsense.

I'll work on the others next

the diagonal wooden piece shouldn't have any problems: I drew this one myself in paint; I didn't use GIMP like the other one.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:33:31 PM »
I made a teleporter and receiver object for the ohno_brick style just for fun.

Simply put these in Neolemmix/styles/ohno_brick/objects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »
Thanks a lot. I looks very nice. :thumbsup: Unfortunately in the flipping teleporter thread we found two general problems: It is usually not clear enough which object is the teleporter and which the receiver and secondly it is hard to tell whether a teleporter is flipped (and thus inverts the lemming direction). As a solution, we decided to add to all teleporters a sign "IN" and to all receivers a sign "OUT". It would be great if you could change your sprites in that regard. :)
And I am very sorry for not properly communication this before, but I kind of forgot about this issue. At least we now have a proper thread for this thanks to IchoTolot.

PS: On the positive side, with the help of IchoTolot I managed to find and fix your editor crashes. If you download the current version 1.5 this bug will be gone.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 02:20:00 AM »
more original additions; this time some smaller blocks for marble.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 12:51:09 AM »
Thanks a lot. I looks very nice. :thumbsup: Unfortunately in the flipping teleporter thread we found two general problems: It is usually not clear enough which object is the teleporter and which the receiver and secondly it is hard to tell whether a teleporter is flipped (and thus inverts the lemming direction). As a solution, we decided to add to all teleporters a sign "IN" and to all receivers a sign "OUT". It would be great if you could change your sprites in that regard. :)

I've updated the Teleporter and Receiver sprites to have "IN" and "OUT" signs. The objects are made taller so the Trigger_Y in the nxmo files have been altered to offset this.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 01:46:33 AM »
a new blue horizontal brick for fire set. (much like Cheapo had)

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 09:21:05 AM »
I just added möbius's three bricks and Kingshadow3's teleporter/receiver to the styles. They will be released with the next update.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 04:56:08 AM »
If anyone doesn't mind, I'll be moving this to "Neolemmix Graphic sets" If requested I'll pin the topic as well ;)

Edit: Nevermind, I forget I don't have mod permissions in Neolemmix main. just the levels and graphic sets XwX

Moved this topic for you GigaLem ;) - Flopsy

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 09:35:11 AM »
Should probably add here as well that GigaLem has made custom trapdoors, exits and backgrounds for all the Sonic tilesets including the unreleased Death Egg tileset.
He also made a locked exit and unlock switch for Sandopolis Zone.

I'll credit all the other contributors as well in the main Sonic tileset topic when they get released :)

I'm currently in the process of submitting them to Nepster to be included in the next update.

On the subject of Stickied topics, I say try not to have too many because it makes the forum look a bit untidy, I'd say no more than 5 topics stickied per forum but even 5 is pushing the limit a bit :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
Two pieces for ONML Brick.

blocks_03 is a single small block from the blocks_01 piece so you don't have to layer eraser pieces to get a single block.

crate_small is what you'd expect, a shrunk version of the "crate" tile.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 09:43:28 AM »
Just saw this cover of the L2 Medieval theme; there this graphic set also has an image background, like some forum members created them for Fire, Marble, Crystal, and Pillar.

https://youtu.be/q8mmjHcWiSI

Is that a version of Lemmings 2 for a different engine? Anyways, thought that's something I could look into - bestowing such backgrounds to all of the L2 graphic sets.

I guess the procedure to go by is to simply create a level of 320x160 pixels without any objects, export it as .png, and make it a little bit darker, e.g. with the Hue/Saturation tool in Photoshop?
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 11:14:12 AM »
Just saw this cover of the L2 Medieval theme; there this graphic set also has an image background, like some forum members created them for Fire, Marble, Crystal, and Pillar.

https://youtu.be/q8mmjHcWiSI

Is that a version of Lemmings 2 for a different engine? Anyways, thought that's something I could look into - bestowing such backgrounds to all of the L2 graphic sets.

I guess the procedure to go by is to simply create a level of 320x160 pixels without any objects, export it as .png, and make it a little bit darker, e.g. with the Hue/Saturation tool in Photoshop?

I think that's the SNES version. It's a poor port though as many traps and mechanics are missing.

That music track you linked,  I asked for permission to use it in Reunion when it first came out years ago. Since then it was one of the castle tracks in there.

When you are going to make backgrounds they can be added to the list of usable backgrounds in NL.