Author Topic: [Suggestion][EXP-Player] Standard rank sign instead of "rank sign not found"  (Read 1905 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've noticed that a standard pack without custom rank signs gets all "rank sign not found" signs.

I think they should either go back to "Step 1, Step 2 ....." or display simply "Rank 1, Rank 2.......". Even a standard pack should have at least functional and logical standard ranks + signs.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Yeah, the main problem is that I am far too lazy to create those rank signs. If someone would create neutrally looking rank signs (best up to rank 20), it would speed up the process of fixing this bug quite a bit. ;)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Also, how are we going to handle single levels? I know they can be accessed through F2 level select, but what about using the up and down keys on the main menu?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Does somebody still have the files for the standard rank signs lying around? This would be the easiest solution.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
I just double checked and I still have the default rank images (only up to rank 15 though). I have attached them below.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I just double checked and I still have the default rank images (only up to rank 15 though). I have attached them below.

They never existed beyond rank 15, because the old formats version of NeoLemmix only supported up to 15 ranks.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
I added code to use these standard rank signs for the first 15 ranks, if no other rank graphics are specified. Only when a pack has more than 15 ranks, the "rank graphic not found" sprite will appear again.