Author Topic: [NeoLemmix v10] SEB Lems v2.00 (175 levels)  (Read 19738 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix v10] SEB Lems v2.00 (175 levels)
« on: September 21, 2017, 01:46:26 AM »
NOTE: This version of SEB Lems is obsolete, please download the new format NL version in this topic
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3849.0

:compat-new:
:compat-ver-10-11::compat-no:
:compat-ver-10-12::compat-no:
:compat-ver-10-13::compat-yes:

Download the SEB Lems v2.00 Music Pack here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sorkwoiwsqmay4u/SEB%20Lems%202.0%20music.zip?dl=1

Download the v2.00 nxp at the bottom of this post :)

v2.00 of SEB Lems is now out, this is a very sharply updated version of the pack where a vast majority of levels have gone through backroute fixes, music track swaps and sweeping changes to prepare for the new format release (I made ceiling fixes for example).
I assume this pack has now been played by the majority of forum users so I have made fixes accordingly.

I worked on fixing this pack in the old formats while making preparations for the new format conversion so there will be features that are apparent of this like ceiling fixes. I felt it was easier to do it this way.

While I have tried very hard to make sure replays are preserved, there are a handful of levels where all of the replays will be broken so be sure to check your replays for solvability after upgrading!
Apologies for any inconvenience regarding broken replays, in the majority of cases it means your solution was a back route though.

This will be the LAST update made to the old format of SEB Lems in any case. I am now entirely moving over to the NeoLemmix new formats and I will no longer be supporting this pack in old format and will move to work on the New Format version of SEB Lems. Feel free to still report any functionality problems with the pack but it will be my decision whether I choose to fix them or not (most likely I will if it's something quick to fix though).

v2.00 changelog - this is a huge update so lots of information in here. Level swaps are further down in the spoiler tag.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

V1 changelogs

Original Release Post

Flopsy's first level pack
SEB Lems

Thanks to Wafflem for the main menu background! :)
Thanks to Gronkling for allowing me to use items from his cyber tileset in the Scrap Brain tileset.

-175 levels across 9 different ranks.
-6 main difficulties with 20 levels each: Paradise, Bittersweet, Revolution, Stormy, Murder and Rapture
-2 collab ranks with 20 levels each: MegSEBytes and Unrequited
-MegSEBytes: based on the collab pack by Wafflem and I, this contains 18 of the 30 levels from the pack, the other 12 are mixed in with the main difficulty ranks above. Whoever is named first in the author field designed the level terrain, whoever is named second inserts the objects, makes the solution, skillset and names the level. Containing 2 levels exclusive to SEB Lems
-Unrequited: A rank consisting of levels by Wafflem from Dullstar's "Bits of levels you can finish" topic. Wafflem is co-creator of all levels in this rank.
-Deep Cuts: A rank of 15 levels consisting of levels which were rejected from the main pack. Still interesting levels though.
-nearly 60 different tilesets used throughout the pack.
-79 different music tracks

Featuring 2 new tilesets:

Scrap Brain - A reimagining of the Original zone from Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis/Mega Drive, hazards and all. Be sure to say hi to Sonic when you see him too :)

Supersonic (Rapture rank)

Star Light - Another zone from the Original Sonic the Hedgehog. This zone is more Sonic friendly and less lemming friendly!

Star Light Rollercoaster (Stormy rank)

View this topic to learn more about these tilesets and download them
http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3418.new;topicseen#new

Paradise (20 levels) - Tutorial levels, X of everything levels, mostly Fun and Tricky levels

Is It Any Wonder?

Bittersweet (20 levels) - Still easy, sometimes less skills. Tricky difficulty.

Candy Floss Bonkers

Revolution (20 levels) - Taxing Difficulty, precision increase. Get on the Revolution!

The Legend of Ray Beeston

Stormy (20 levels) - Storm is hitting the fan, harder levels overall. (Taxing/Mayhem)

Wild Forever

Murder (20 levels) - No prisoners now, Lemmings' lives are at stake! (Mayhem and beyond)

Great Scot!

Rapture (20 levels) - Here it is, you've made it. Can you make it to the end? (Sunsoft rank)

Treversal

MegSEBytes (20 levels) -  based on the collab pack by Wafflem and I, this contains 18 of the 30 levels from the pack, the other 12 are mixed in with the main difficulty ranks above. Whoever is named first in the author field designed the level terrain, whoever is named second inserts the objects, makes the solution, skillset and names the level. Containing 2 levels exclusive to SEB Lems.

Spaced Out

Unrequited (20 levels) - A rank consisting of levels by Wafflem from Dullstar's "Bits of levels you can finish" topic. Wafflem is co-creator of all levels in this rank.

The High Cube

Deep Cuts (15 levels) - Rejected levels from the main pack.

Down The Pan

Final Note: This is an old format Neo Lemmix version. There will be a new format Neo Lemmix version of SEB Lems eventually :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 06:58:09 PM by Flopsy »

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
Re: [NeoLemmix] SEB Lems (175 levels)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:02:29 AM »
Heck yes! I will start my LP of this pretty soon! First upload should either be Friday or Saturday! :thumbsup:
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »
A huge congratulations to Flopsy for finally releasing SEB Lems after months of hard work and testing!

It has been a great pleasure working with you on testing and all the collab levels that we have both done. :thumbsup:

Thank you for making this pack, and thanks as well to all the other people (including SEB) who helped made this pack possible! :thumbsup:
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 05:00:38 PM »
Hoo boy. Just from a cursory playthrough of the first 3 levels, I feel like this is gonna be another one where I can't clear out rank 2. :o Oh well, I'll see what I can do. Looks fun anyway!

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] SEB Lems v1.81 (175 levels)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 09:30:23 PM »
Just uploaded v1.81

This is a small fix to Rapture 10 which has become unsolvable in v1.8.

Everyone will have to re-download sadly. Sorry about this. Hopefully not many people have got to this level yet since it was detected early enough.

Thanks to IchoTolot for spotting this bug.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
Congratulations Flopsy on completely your pack :thumbsup:, and your Sonic inspired graphic sets are amazing by the way.

I have just downloaded v1.81 and I'm hyped to try it out when I finish working today, but so far I just want to say that I love the rank images. Really creative :).

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 07:52:31 PM »
"The Ocean World" and "And so it begins" Crashes neolemmix

I can't load it at all

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 07:59:26 PM »

I can't load it at all

Ok, this might be due to the tileset mixing error message I sometimes get. I also get this error in Triangular Race Through Space (Deep Cuts 2).
Are you able to load the Wing Fortress levels GigaLem, if so this error message is due to the intense tileset mixing I believe.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 03:38:37 AM »
Finally started playing through the first two ranks (stopped at Bittersweet 18). Excellent levels! I have attached my replies. I don't think I backrouted any of them, but I think I might have done some levels unintentionally.

Other Comments (click to show/hide)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 07:27:52 AM »

I can't load it at all

Ok, this might be due to the tileset mixing error message I sometimes get. I also get this error in Triangular Race Through Space (Deep Cuts 2).
Are you able to load the Wing Fortress levels GigaLem, if so this error message is due to the intense tileset mixing I believe.

Yes I am able to load Wing Fortress, both of them

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »
Finally started playing through the first two ranks (stopped at Bittersweet 18). Excellent levels! I have attached my replies. I don't think I backrouted any of them, but I think I might have done some levels unintentionally.

Other Comments (click to show/hide)

Thanks for the replays Nessy. You've worked hard on getting 100% on a lot of these and you've earned a lot of the Talismans for these levels just by playing as conservatively as you have! :)

These are the ranks where backroutes are very rare, I wouldn't consider any Paradise solution a backroute to be honest, it's just a do as you please rank and any solution is fine.
You didn't find any glaring backroutes so far.

Paradise 4's track is "Guena LG feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Back 2 Paradise" for those who are curious. Yes the level is named after the song, how corny? :S

Glad some people are enjoying the nod to L3D levels, just look out for the L3D monikers and the level is either an entirely 2D level from L3D which was remade in SEB Lems or a 3D level from L3D which has been reimagined in 2D.
Party in my Head is inspired by "Let the Race Begin" from L3D, it's an Army level which had 4 trapdoors. It's not identical to this level but some of the left hand obstacles were taken from this.

Interesting bug in Star Light, I'll have to investigate this further, thanks for pointing it out!

Seems to be a growing trend with me at the moment but it tends to be that my favourite levels in SEB Lems tend to be the ones that are not commented on by other people or not well liked. Then on the other hand, the ones I inserted as filler like Candy Floss Bonkers are mentioned as being very well liked. I guess this is the reason why the pack is being well received :)

Yes I am able to load Wing Fortress, both of them

I'm not really sure how I can fix this then, I guess it's a good job that "So It Resumes" was moved to the Deep Cuts rank because it used to be a Stormy rank level.

I'm puzzled at why Ocean World is struggling to load, it does use tileset mixing but it only has a custom inserted background which gives the black background over the ocean backdrop.
Are you able to tell me whether you get an error message or not GigaLem? If NeoLemmix just closes suddenly then it's the "Can't allocate DIB handle" message most likely.
I also found that not scrolling through the levels really fast or using F2 for level select would possibly make this crash not occur also.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
SEB Lems stream (Friday 29th 7.30pm EST/Sat 30th 12.30am GMT+1)
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »
Wafflem will be streaming some later levels in the SEB Lems pack this Friday (29th Sept) 7.30pm EST. (12.30am Sat 30th GMT+1 - daylight savings time)

Specifically he will be playing levels from the Stormy, Murder and Unrequited ranks :)

Here is the link to his channel
https://www.twitch.tv/wafflemm

Note: if you are currently playing through SEB Lems and have not beaten these ranks then there will be spoilers obviously.

Hope to see you lot there :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:03:00 AM by Flopsy »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 09:12:25 PM »
Hey Flopsy!

Here are some more replies. They are replies from Bittersweet 18 to Revolution 11. Right now I am stuck on Revolution 12 becauseā€¦

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »
Some of those levels look really nice. The starlight rollercoaster looks quite cool and tricky me thinks.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 02:57:20 AM »
I finished all of the levels.