Author Topic: Solutions . . .  (Read 22471 times)

Conway

Solutions . . .
« on: July 11, 2004, 01:40:29 AM »
In case you are stuck on a level from any Lemmings game, check out this site: http://home.wanadoo.nl/lemmings-solution

&#A0;The only games it doesn't cover are Lemmings 3D, Paintball and Revolution.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Solutions . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 06:11:22 AM »
It doesn't cover Lemmings 3: The Chronicles either.

And if anyone needs help on Lemmings 3D, I know the solutions to every level, although I can't remember "Castle Peralus" or "T'uther Circus Level", and some of my solutions(examples: "Tower Of Lemlab", "Final Maze") are clearly backroutes.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

DM48

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 01:30:41 AM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1089510029/0#0 date=1089510029
In case you are stuck on a level from any Lemmings game, check out this site: http://home.wanadoo.nl/lemmings-solution

&#A0;The only games it doesn't cover are Lemmings 3D, Paintball and Revolution.

It also doesn't cover the SNES/Genesis versions either, which is damned annoying since I'm stuck on mission 29 on Mayhem and the Internet is no good because the PC level 29 on Mayhem is a totally different level. >_<

Conway

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 01:57:51 AM »
Are you referring to the level called 'No Hurry, Relax', or something like that? That one is quite tricky. Unfortunately I don't remember the solution off hand . . .

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 05:13:49 AM »
Quote from: DM48  link=1089510029/0#2 date=1115256641
It also doesn't cover the SNES/Genesis versions either, which is damned annoying since I'm stuck on mission 29 on Mayhem and the Internet is no good because the PC level 29 on Mayhem is a totally different level. >_<

Well, the Internet is at least good at bringing people from all over the place.

I don't have anything Genesis at hand, but based on looking at the level, I would venture the solution might be the following.  Don't get annoy at me if it doesn't work though...  (every time you read "hopefully" and it doesn't work, you can stop reading  ;))

1) first lemming athlete, try to assign the floater as close to the ground as you dare, to save some time (perhaps unnecessary but...)
2) bash to right after climbing up the steel block
3) build once across water, starting your build as close to the edge as possible.  [Hopefully building once is enough to get across the water.]
4) he'll walk around and finally approach the wall with the arrows going left, bash left
5) build once to catch incoming lemmings.  Hopefully it works and you're quick enough that no more than 17 lemmings died.  If not, stop reading because clearly my solution failed.  If that's the case you should try starting off going to the left instead.  Good luck.

6) athlete will float back down, ignore him for the moment
7) first lemming that lands on the bridge you just built, bash right to break through the ground going up and right "/"
8. then make him bash left to break thru the ground going up and left "\".  Now you get your holding place for the crowd.

9) back to the athlete, he's probably walking on the bridge that was built across water.  Before he drops off the bridge, and preferably as close to the right edge of the bridge as you dare, build a second time to the right.  Hopefully the two bridges are long enough to connect to the terrain, so that you completely cover up any path to the water.

10) Now you can bash to free the crowd from the holding area, and they will now instead congregate at the area below the entrance.

11) let the athlete climb up on the left of the pit below the entrance, and then bash left.

12) Let him walk and he will naturally turn around.

13) Make him bash to the right and head back down to the pit.

14) In the meanwhile, preferably somewhere between steps 11 and 13, have someone in the pit build to the left wall of the pit (a steel block), such that the build barely connects with the wall (to get maximum height).  Hopefully, and this is a big if, this is enough to allow the lemmings to walk up and out of the pit.  I counted and the height of the steel block is 17 pixels.  Since a build should have a height of 12 pixels, you have 5 pixels which should be low enough for a lemming to walk up directly, at least on the PC version.  Hopefully the Genesis version works similarly.

15) Now just use your final basher to clear the way to the exit.  You haven't run out of time have you?

Conway

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 05:10:42 PM »
You could try it in the emulator. I'm sure one was linked to in the Lemming Level List Game.

DM48

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 08:02:19 PM »
Wow, replies, and when this place didn't look too active either, just as well I saved this page on my favourites. ^_^ Yes, that is indeed the level I am referring to, "No Hurry, Relax".

Guest (nice email by the way XD), whoever you are you have my sincerest thanks. I'd been building 2 bridges to start off with down at the bottom and as a result I could only ever save 81 Lemmings. I knew going left didn't work, no matter what I tried there I couldn't save enough so I knew going right was the answer, I just couldn't figure out where to save the 5 or so seconds I wasted building the second bridge early but your method does work so thank you ever so much.  :D Onto the final level now which I've also never been able to do, never found any solutions for that either. I haven't finished Taxing yet which is ironic as they should be easier though once I started making progress on Mayhem I go absorbed in that.

Thanks for your help guys, you've put an end to many an hour I spent trying the level and searching the Internet for answers for level 29.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 10:25:51 AM »
Good Luck on 'Lemmings Ark'. You'll need it! ;)

DM48

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 11:02:37 PM »
Argh. >_< I still cannot do that final level, Lemmings' Ark. I gave up and went back to Taxing where today I've done missions 2-30. 5 of them I managed to complete for the first time but I still can't do the final level on Mayhem.

That's roughly what I managed to work out so far. I know you need one bridge to bridge the gap at the top left to get to the exit, there's clearly no other way of doing that. I think you need one bridge over on the right where I've put it, to bridge that gap there. I also think you need one bridge to bridge the gap in the middle of the block like I've done. I also think (lots of thinking here) that you need to use the 2 miners more or less as I have done, to get a staircase of sorts up to the top so the Lemmings can go up and turn around. The problem is my method requires one more builder than I have. I also appear to have one basher than I can't see much of a use for unless it's bashing the wall left of where my miner currently is to allow another climber to build the bridge due to time constraints.

The problem is the digger really, but I can't see any other way to get the Lemming over to the right hand side, the gap over there is too big to simply fall down and survive. It's the one level to beat before I can consider myself as finally having beat the game (not counting Present and Sunsoft levels) so would someone please give me a hand here? ^^;

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 07:34:56 AM »
Ok, first of all, there is a full solution on GameFAQs for this one.  This level happens to be identical to the SNES version's Sunsoft 5.  The SNES Sunsoft walkthru can be found here.

(Note that there is a part of that solution which has some timing to it.  The solution there gives some precise numbers but you might need to follow different numbers for the Genesis version.)

As for hints:

1) The basher is not just there for decoration.

2) As you pointed out, the trouble is with the digger.  Think about a very difference placement of the digging that doesn't require you to use a separate builder to get over the damage the digger made.  Think about that in conjunction with hint #1.

Good luck!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 01:01:56 PM »
OK....... I'm afraid I'm not quite as far as our friend DM48.

I foolishly thought I'd try to solve all the levels in the Genesis game, not just the unique ones, and having to pass Triple Trouble all over again was a nightmare. (Though it did lead to me finding an excellent solution that's guaranteed to work every time; see the "Level Discussion" thread.)

So, now I'm on 1 Mayhem (Let's get together). [EDIT: and I've done it now, so I'm removing my request for a hint. Though ISU may be interested to know that his Cheapo recreation has a backroute, which I thought was the solution, and was very annoyed when it failed on the actual game!!! :P ]

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 06:45:45 PM »
What! a backroute! ahh shucks, I can't change it now, I deleted the Isulemms 2.lst file, ahh well.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 08:33:56 PM »
I'm up to 16 Mayhem (Just a Minute) now........

Can someone confirm that this is definitely possible on the Genesis game? No matter what clever tricks I think up to get them in as fast as possible I always seem to fall just short...... 94% is my best so far. Aaaaaaaaargh!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 08:59:14 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1089510029/0#12 date=1115670836
I'm up to 16 Mayhem (Just a Minute) now........

Can someone confirm that this is definitely possible on the Genesis game? No matter what clever tricks I think up to get them in as fast as possible I always seem to fall just short...... 94% is my best so far. Aaaaaaaaargh!!!

I can't confirm anything now, but you did make use of that little holding area right?

Have one lemming bash a little ways, then dig down to the elevation of the holding area (don't break open the holding area yet), and then bash towards the exit.  Raise the release rate to 99, and at the appropriate moment, bash to break open the holding area to release the crowd.

Boy if you already have trouble with that level on the Genesis, good luck with Part 2!

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 09:07:28 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1089510029/0#13 date=1115672354
Have one lemming bash a little ways, then dig down to the elevation of the holding area (don't break open the holding area yet), and then bash towards the exit. &#A0;Raise the release rate to 99, and at the appropriate moment, bash to break open the holding area to release the crowd.

That was a little misleading.  You do have someone dig so that everyone else but the basher is in the holding area.  Just make sure not to get anyone out of the holding area until the basher has bashed the appropriate distance forward.