Author Topic: Solutions . . .  (Read 19534 times)

Leviathan

Re: Solutions . . .
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 11:21:43 AM »
I've never managed to pass "race against the cliches"...not even with the intended "the lemmings solution" solution :(

Havoc 20 is a really annoying level...I passed it once with the solution from "the lemmings solution" and never bothered to play it again...lol

I also needed many,many attempts on the "just a minute" levels...I hate those too :)

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2005, 05:51:38 AM »
The challenge thread implies that there is a 100% solution to taxing 6. If there is, what is it?!!

the guest

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2005, 07:57:18 AM »
http://eng-forum.lemmingswelt.de/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1115438450;start=7#7

Note that while it definitely does work for the DOS version, I don't if it works for other versions.  (In the SNES for example, the lemmings seem to come out a tiny tad slower ruining the solution.)

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 11:05:57 PM »
I tried that quite a few times. It is definetly easier than the insane 17/21 on havoc 10, but hard enough to make me give up.

the guest

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2005, 11:15:04 PM »
I don't want to promise stuff and fail to deliver later, so let's just say that someday in the semi-distant future, you might be able to see some of the solutions in action on your own computer.

(I shall have no more comments on this until I bring this up again myself.  Which may never happen, remember.)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 11:37:04 PM »
 =8O

Just the thought of it!  B)

Nobody(Guest)

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2005, 04:45:28 AM »
I guess I'm a little late with this, but here's a really easy solution for both Just A Minute levels that I didn't see posted, although someone posted a similar, albeit more complicated version.  After Lemming #1 bashes to the right, make #2 dig just before he hits the wall (he will be slightly further right than lemming #1). When the basher reaches the spot where #2 dug, this will cause him to sink a little bit but continue bashing. This means #2 can dig until the wall on the left is too steep for the lemmings to escape, yet since the path #1 is creating is now lower when you let #2 bash to stop digging he will only bash one stroke and stop.  You can repeat this process two or three more times as the original basher continues to make his way to the right, thereby decreasing the amount of distance the lemmings have to travel when they turn around.  Just make sure to increase the release rate to 99 with 35-40 seconds left and you should end up finishing the level with 10 or so seconds to go every time, no problem.

DarkSonic

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2005, 12:45:22 PM »
Quote from: Nobody(Guest) link=1089510029/30#36 date=1131857128
I guess I'm a little late with this, but here's a really easy solution for both Just A Minute levels that I didn't see posted, although someone posted a similar, albeit more complicated version. &#A0;After Lemming #1 bashes to the right, make #2 dig just before he hits the wall (he will be slightly further right than lemming #1). When the basher reaches the spot where #2 dug, this will cause him to sink a little bit but continue bashing. This means #2 can dig until the wall on the left is too steep for the lemmings to escape, yet since the path #1 is creating is now lower when you let #2 bash to stop digging he will only bash one stroke and stop. &#A0;You can repeat this process two or three more times as the original basher continues to make his way to the right, thereby decreasing the amount of distance the lemmings have to travel when they turn around. &#A0;Just make sure to increase the release rate to 99 with 35-40 seconds left and you should end up finishing the level with 10 or so seconds to go every time, no problem.
That could be a good method to complete them. But does it work for all versions? I'm having problems with Just a Minute #3(Sunsoft 27 or something) and I don't know how I need to finish it.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2005, 02:54:20 PM »
I guess I'm a little late with this, but here's a really easy solution for both Just A Minute levels that I didn't see posted, although someone posted a similar, albeit more complicated version.
Funny you say that, your solution seems to be the most complicated of all the ones I've heard about. ::) ;)

Interesting concept though, no doubt someone someday will try to make a new level using that idea.

Nobody(Guest)

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2005, 08:33:18 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest) link=1089510029/30#38 date=1131893660
I guess I'm a little late with this, but here's a really easy solution for both Just A Minute levels that I didn't see posted, although someone posted a similar, albeit more complicated version.
Funny you say that, your solution seems to be the most complicated of all the ones I've heard about. ::) ;)

Interesting concept though, no doubt someone someday will try to make a new level using that idea.

Maybe I made it sound complicated when I explained it, but it's extremely simple to execute compared to all the other solutions I've read.  All you need to do is keep making lemmings dig/bash just before they turn around. Plus it allows you to finish with 10+ seconds left, while most solutions I've seen finish with only a couple of seconds left.

Quote from: DarkSonic link=1089510029/30#37 date=1131885922
That could be a good method to complete them. But does it work for all versions? I'm having problems with Just a Minute #3(Sunsoft 27 or something) and I don't know how I need to finish it.
I didn't realize there was a Just A Minute Part 3, but it definitely works for parts 1 & 2 for the DOS, SNES, & Genesis versions. It didn't work for the Windows 95 version, though.

In other news, the Lemmings Solution page seems to be down, the link in the first post doesn't work anymore.

Nobody(Guest)

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2005, 09:12:32 PM »
Quote from: DarkSonic link=1089510029/30#37 date=1131885922
Well I just got to and completed Just A Minute Part 3, because of the level layout and the lack of diggers and bashers you obviously can't use the same solution. Here's a hint if you're having trouble completing part 3: remember that if a lemming is on top of a one way surface and facing the opposite direction of the arrows, if you make him a miner he will turn around? You will have to use this technique twice on this level.

Deathman48

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2005, 10:07:24 PM »
That wasn't really a hint, it gave away the solution. =P With the amount of skills given I'd have thought it would have been somewhat obvious what to do. Or at least, what the climber, digger and basher was used for. =/