Author Topic: NeoLemmix V1.47n Update Released (Player V1.47n-D update released)  (Read 10047 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V1.47n Update Released
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 10:46:15 PM »
What's the Neolemmix use case of the Amiga and Genesis tilesets? I assume you won't have Genesis Crystal and Dos Crystal in the same pack.

Using both is allowed (as they have different names; "crystal" vs "crystal_md"), and does happen. I believe GigaLem used both in GigaLems; the Extra Official Levels NXP also does this (it uses the Genesis versions for the Genesis levels, but the standard versions for the PSP remakes).

There is one minor nit picky issue I noticed with the key binds. I would like to be able to set it so that the game pauses when I go back 1 frame, but does not pause when I do the larger frame skip backwards. I do not believe this is possible with the current key bind options.

No, it currently isn't; pause after backwards skip is currently an all-or-nothing matter.

I don't want to set an arbitrary cutoff point between pausing or not; so the most likely solution here is to make it configurable on a per-hotkey basis. An alternative option is to allow the user to select a cutoff point between pause or don't pause.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 02:28:56 AM »
Released updates to the player and Flexi Toolkit.

Player Update (V1.47n-B)
- Platformer assignment checks have been reverted to those in V1.43n-F; this should not affect many (if any) levels or replays. This only affects when you can and can't assign the platformer; once assigned, its behaviour remains as in V1.47n
- Attempting to change the release rate during a replay now interrupts the replay, instead of being ignored
- Added "Clear Physics Mode" which displays terrain / steel on a purely functional basis as well as showing trigger areas; by default, this is activated by holding T while playing (the key can be configured, and can even be set to toggle rather than press-and-hold)
- Added an option to disable image backgrounds
- Some performance enhancements for loading levels themself, the level select screen, and the mass replay checker; some of these only work with NXPs built with Flexi V1.47n-C, others work on all NXPs*
- The LVL file mass dump is now working again
- Fixed the bug where skills can be assigned to a highlit lemming without interrupting a replay (also causing the assignment to not be recorded)
- Fixed the extra-loud entrance opening sound on levels with multiple entrances
- Fixed the bug where checkmarks would sometimes be displayed on the "....." in the level select menu
- Fixed the bug where one-skill-per-lemming or assign-to-one-lemming-only talismans always pass, even if the requirement is not met
- Fixed the bug where the highlight icon sometimes erases lemming sprites

* To be clear: NXPs built with older versions still work with player V1.47n-B, they just don't get the new performance enhancements.

Flexi Toolkit Update (V1.47n-C)
- Removed "V1.43n-F compatibility" option
- Fixed a bug with removing deleted replays from the folder
- Added options to quickly mass-rename level files and replays
- NXPs built with this version have some extra information added, to allow faster loading of some metadata when using NeoLemmix Player V1.47n-B

In regards to support for multiple backgrounds, we don't have that yet. Expect it in V1.48n, whenever that comes.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 05:22:04 AM »
Sorry to break some bad news. As soon as I start up NeoLemmix, I get this error message instead. >:(
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 08:15:09 AM »
Which pack were you attempting to play?

Nevermind, I found the problem. It appears I uploaded the wrong copy of NeoLemmix.exe. Redownload now and it should work fine.

EDIT: Even though I've uploaded the fixed version, the download seems to still point to the wrong one. I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. It's working now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:51:48 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 08:19:06 PM »
The Flexi Toolkit Tutorial has been updated for V1.47n now, with the exception that I haven't written a tutorial to cover the replay manager yet.

Unless there are significant issues in the current builds of any other parts, my priority for now is going to be getting an editor update ready.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:25:48 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 04:44:47 AM »
Released a player update V1.47n-C.

This fixes some issues with rotated objects (use the new experimental editor version to rotate objects), has an adjustment to clear physics mode so that objects are always drawn behind the terrain (in V1.47n-B, objects that weren't no-overwrite, the parts of them that weren't trigger areas would overwrite terrain), and adds success / failure sounds to the postview screen.

The download link seems to be giving the correct version; I tested just in case. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 03:15:02 PM »
Thanks for finally releasing v1.47n! Really enjoying the new and more convenient features so far! The skill shadows and Clear Physics mode are very useful features! :thumbsup:

Hmmm, I am not sure if I like the success / failure sounds. In my opinion, they aren't really necessary. The text in front of me telling me if I failed/succeeded is more than enough.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 04:15:41 PM »
I love the music after level ends! It's like playing Lemmings on SMS again! :thumbsup:

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 12:25:16 PM »
Just tried the latest NeoLemmix release: it's an excellent version, and I really like the new features. Congratulations !!! :thumbsup:
Playing NeoLemmix makes me want to raise the quality of my Android game, in order to deliver the best Lemmings experience on mobile devices! (for example, I'll probably add the "Splitter" feature soon...).

(ps: is there a technical up-to-date documentation, somewhere, about the structure of NeoLemmix's level-files?
It's unlikely I'll provide NL support in the Android game, but, hey, just in case of, I would like to take a look on level-files' structure....)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »
The closest thing to up-to-date documentation would be the source code itself: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer

The NeoLemmix website has file format information, but most formats' info is a tad out of date. There's plans to move to other formats in the near future (apart from replay files, which are already using the new format) which is why I haven't really bothered to update it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 05:20:21 PM »
Ok. Maybe, I'll look at it when the new level format will be released.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 02:56:06 AM »
We have an official release of the V1.47n editor at last! Download is on the first page.

If upgrading from an old editor version, please carefully read the instructions at the bottom of the first post. Simply replacing the EXE alone will not work.

This new editor version will allow you to see backgrounds while editing the level, and also lets you rotate objects. Also, all the no-longer-in-V1.47n features are removed. You can also download styles from the NeoLemmix website directly into the editor.

Please note, this new version no longer supports any engine other than NeoLemmix. This includes that it no longer supports SuperLemmini. As far as I know, the only editor that does support SuperLemmini is older versions of the NeoLemmix Editor - the older version remains available for download here.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:06:55 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 05:08:39 AM »
In response to this bug: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2923.0

I've uploaded an update, V1.47n-C2.

This update does not fix the bug (I need to investigate more), but rather:
1. It will (hopefully) save details of certain things to a text file when the crash happens
2. It will (again, hopefully) auto-save a replay, so no progress is lost

Aside from these changes, it is identical to V1.47n-C.

I'll get a -D update out once I've looked into this bug more. I'm fairly sure I know what's causing it, but I want to look in more detail first.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 08:07:50 AM »
I've released an experimental that should fix the crash (some minor graphical glitches may still occur when doing things that formerly caused the crash). Especially if recording, using this version may be worthwhile: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2923.msg60539#msg60539

However, do note that it's not an official release yet. There are a few things that need sorting out still, but they're generally quite minor.
My Lemmings projects

Offline bsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 09:57:44 PM »
How does the 1.47 Editor handle VGASPEC levels?  I can't get it to load any of those types of levels.