Author Topic: NeoLemmix coming soon to PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Android. :D  (Read 4972 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
So, I've been speaking lately with licence holders and developers on the subject of bringing NeoLemmix to platforms other than PC, and it looks like things will be going ahead!

For the record, I will remain in control of where the project goes. These other developers will merely handle ensuring that NeoLemmix functions properly on these alternative systems. It will be available on all of these via official channels, no need for modded systems. As part of the agreement with Sony (the licence holders for lemmings), it will be available on PS3 and PS4 for at least 6 months before coming to any other console; this does not affect the existing PC version, nor does it affect the Android version which should be available around the same time as PS3 and PS4.

I cannot give a release date at this stage, but I assure you that all your favorite packs (once compatible with the upcoming V1.44n update and later) will be playable on all systems. For legal reasons, the conversions of the official games will only be available on PC and on Sony platforms. Levels derived from them will not be affected so long as they make up no more than 3% of any pack (otherwise, those packs will also be restricted to PC and Sony consoles). Note: I'm trying to push for a one-off special case for Lemmings Redux, but it doesn't look very likely, sorry. So most likely, a Lemmings Plus pack, or possibly the NeoLemmix Community Pack if it gets finished on time, will need to be the "built-in" pack.

The editor and other tools will unfortunately remain PC only for now. Only the game itself will be available. The game will remain free on PC, but may have a small price tag (in order to compensate the developers responsible for porting) on other platforms, most likely around the US $2.00 mark. There will be no charge to download extra content on any platform; only the engine itself will have a price. Source code will also remain available for the PC version, however for reasons I cannot discuss in great detail it will not be available for other platforms, except maybe Android.

Currently it does not look like there will be any iOS version, but this may change in the future.

EDIT: I previously listed Xbox 360 by mistake. NeoLemmix will not be coming to Xbox 360 sorry; only Xbox One.

I cannot give any further details at this point in time, but I hope you're all looking forward to it! :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 12:52:18 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix coming soon to PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Android. :D
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:39:46 AM »
wow, this is crazy. :o How did you manage this?

well for me, Android is cool. Though I'm not really sure how I would use it on my phone until I tried...
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:45:42 AM »
well for me, Android is cool. Though I'm not really sure how I would use it on my phone until I tried...

I'm trying to push for support for USB mouse and keyboard, but can't promise. Either way, not everyone will have this option; it's still unclear exactly what kind of control scheme will be used for touchscreen-based control, but it is very likely it'll be something similar to that of Lemmings Touch.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 06:00:28 AM »
Good gravy, I did not see this coming! :lem-mindblown:

That's great news namida, It doesn't matter much to me which platforms they come to personally and whether it costs. I have all the consoles listed anyway. I don't have android though!
I think the main thing to be excited about is the exposure Lemmings and NeoLemmix will be getting out of this :thumbsup:

I'm very surprised Sony has allowed this to be ported to Xbox One or Wii U personally.

This will certainly be a surprise to Wii U owners because the amount of content on that console is dwindling month by month. There may even be another console announced this year for Nintendo according to many rumors.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 06:43:41 AM »
Well. What fantastic news! (BTW, I'm going to use all the other surprise icons, so :lem-shocked::lix-gasp::lix-scared::scared:)

As for content. I'm sure that Lemmings fans would like some new skills, new challenges and new music. I don't know how much progress was made with the NeoLemmix Community Pack, so maybe we'll stick with one of the LP versions.

I see what Flopsy means about the announcement of a new Nintendo Console.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 11:17:23 AM »
I think the nintendo nx is actually planned to be a neolemmix (NX) specific console, hence the name "Nintendo NX". There's one confirmed leaked photo of the console so far, I put it behind a spoiler just in case anyone wants to be surprised by a new console.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »
Rumor of the "built-in" pack (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:37:43 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
Nicely done ;)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 09:21:30 PM »
If one made the choice to include custom levels, I'm hoping that none of them require players to create upward ramps while bashing/mining. I just don't expect players to learn anything as technical as that, especially if they're so early in the game. In addition, that trick also requires fairly precise timing. So yeah. No Glitches in solutions is all I'm saying.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 12:28:39 AM »
Alright, so it seems a few of you caught on, some of you probably expected it but played along, hopefully a few of you actually believed it. :P

April fools. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 09:03:14 AM »
I never believe things like this on that day, to be honest, because on April Fool's day, I neglect pretty much everything I'm supposed to do and go browse the web for April Fools' jokes. And this was definitely a very well-done one, I'll include it in the list of my favourite five of this year! :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 05:36:32 PM »
I don't know how I was fooled by this. Although I'll admit I thought it was weird and really didn't understand it.
all day at work that day I was worried about someone pranking me yet somehow here at the forum I totally forgot it was April first. :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 10:58:45 PM »
Nooooo I got caught out with the joke.

I mentioned to my brother about it and we thought it sounded very cool that you might be getting it onto other ports.