Author Topic: December 2015 Level Collaboration  (Read 22469 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: December 2015 Level Collaboration
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 03:06:05 AM »
Don't worry about the other credits; I already credited everyone that was included. I got all my info from a note document that was zipped with the files that was archived somewhere [DynaLem could probably tell you where]. But it was the final state and it included everyone except "guest" who they apparently didn't know was you. They seemed to call you guest on the forum too.

Oh forgot about the title; Shvegait titled it: [from page 8]
Oh, and I called the level "Collaboration", of course because of the whole concept behind the level, but also because of how the climbers have to work together.

I didn't get to the next one yet, reading old long forum threads takes time. :-\

Anyways; it looks to me like they didn't start with any real well detailed rules but they made a very successful level anyway by working together pretty well. :thumbsup: Teamwork wins.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2015, 03:36:29 AM »
I'll be happy to join in if it's a NeoLemmix level. I haven't quite figured out how to work the Lix editor properly yet, though... although on the other hand, I guess this could be a good reason to do so. What the heck... sign me up either way! :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 06:59:40 PM »
Since it's sort of evenly split I'm thinking about hosting two: one each for NoeLemmix and Lix, but probably not at the same time, unless anybody wants that. In any case I'm considering NeoLemmix first because currently I'm more familiar with that. I haven't gotten used to the major changes in Lix yet.
I'll wait a while for more people to join but if they don't we'll go ahead with 5 people including myself. I'm thinking of using some random method to determine the graphic set, then I'll begin by making a very sparse and simple level.

NaOH invented a program for Lix that makes a randomly generated level which could be useful for this project.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
December 2015 Level Collaboration BEGINS NOW
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
Welcome to Lemmings forum's fourth level collab project!!
:party: :birthday:

Currently the participants are:

1 mobius
2 DynaLem
3 Clam Spammer
4 Nepster
5 namida
6 IchoTolot

It's not too late to join; you may join even after it's begun, you'll simply be added to the end of the list.

Platform: NeoLemmix
link to download/info: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1921.msg48205#msg48205

Rules:
When it is your turn [beginning at #1] Download the latest version of the level in this topic.

----you may add terrain pieces, objects,steel etc. to the level. I've decided not to pick some arbitrary number of pieces. Add as much or as little as you feel necessary; The important thing is to remember this is a group effort and that you add enough to the level to add a little of your personal touch.

-----You may remove terrain added by persons before you. But be considerate. Don't completely destroy the idea or artwork created by the previous volunteers. Rules can't adequately describe this process: Communicate! If you're not sure about what to do/if it's okay, post in this topic and talk to the people who came before you and ask questions.

----You may adjust all of the stats in any fashion. Again; communicate with us on these decisions.

----Once you've made an update that you're happy with;  Upload the changed level here in this topic along with a replay of your solution. NOTE: yes, IT MUST BE SOLVABLE in it's current state, meaning it will be solvable at any stage so it doesn't matter how many people we have (in that regard anyway). How difficult the level is will be up to the participants, particularly the final few participants. Also: please rename the file with a number and/or your name.

----Please try to have your entry done within a week's time. If it will take longer please post and let us know. If you want to withdraw or swap places with somebody else, just ask.

---Communicate with the other participants on not just your part but how you think the level is going. If you have some plan or idea of the direction the level could take; talk about it.

Because I happen to have a huge folder of partially completed levels lying around, I decided be the first person in line and I started with this. To DynaLem; download the level in this attachment to begin.

It's difficult for me to gauge how much to start with so to the next and later participants; I'm okay with just about any changes to my part. You may delete terrain or move it around. Especially the skills and stats which I kind of chose arbitrarily. This layout is supposed to be a template that can base some hopefully more interesting level off of.

-----------
on me and ccx's earlier discussion: I read through the whole topic and so it seems like indeed the 2nd LemEdit level was not really completed and no one was able to solve it+ it seems like the Cheapo level [3rd, or actual 2nd collab] was abandoned. I like to ask Proxima about that.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:23:55 PM by möbius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 07:42:57 PM »
This will be fun! :laugh: :thumbsup:

Just a clarification question: Can I also add objects in addition to the terrain pieces I add (traps, locked exit/unlocked button, one-way arrows, etc.)?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »
yes, thanks, I fixed that in the rules. You can add objects and anything else.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 07:55:58 PM »
As I see it now, well möbius you can put me at position 6 ;)   
I think I'm joining in :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »
alright, sounds good. I added you. :)

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »
Alright, here! :)

Added:
-more terrain and steel
-water
-locked exit/unlock buttons
-walkers

Changed:
-Removed builders, bombers and diggers.
-The level can be solved with just one basher and miner along with the other skills, but I kept the basher and miner at 10.
-Changed to the third music of Lemmings, but anyone is welcome to change it.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 03:22:22 AM »
nice! It's already a good level. :)

I have notified Clam it's his turn.

Btw, I thought of another rule if everybody's okay with it: At each stage; the author can do with that version of the level as he pleases [that is; put it in their own pack as a co-created level in it's current state]

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 09:14:45 PM »
since Clam is going away he's going to switch to the end [or after who's ever turn it is when he gets back]

So Nepster is next, I've notified him.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »
And here is a new version already.

Goal of this change: Make the level bigger to have more space to play around.

Main change: I just mirrored the level.

Secondary changes (feel free to do whatever you like with these):
- 20 lemmings instead of 10 lemmings, because the number of hatches doubled as well. RR set to 50, because RR 1 is sooo slow.
- Removed some of the steel, that I thought ugly and saw no use for.
- Removed two unlock buttoms and kept only the necessary ones.
- Moved a few parts (e.g. the hatch) one or two pixels to have them properly centered.

General remarks:
- Even though the level is currently symmetric, it does not need to stay this way.
- The level still allows for lots of solutions, inculding one that still uses only one of the bashers and miners. The attached solution uses more skills however.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 11:53:47 PM »
:lem-mindblown: wow that was fast Nepster. :D I will notify namida his turn's up.

edit; also I totally forgot to say: nice additions to the level so far, by both DynaLem and Nepster. :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:18:02 AM by möbius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 01:14:06 PM »
Goal of this change: Let's inject some challenge, now! Sure, people might change the challenge... but we have some, at least. :)

Main change: Added some steel, and a trap and an unlock button per side, near the middle. Also a tiny bit at the sides. Level remains symmetrical.

Secondary changes:
- Skillset changes: 10 Climbers -> 1 Climber; 1 Blocker -> 0 Blockers; 0 Platformers -> 10 Platformers
- Changed the music (because newer version)
- Slightly adjusted the positioning of the left side's one-way arrows for a more symmetrical look.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2015, 02:41:03 PM »
wow, this is really moving along quickly. :o :o Nice changes, again.
I've notified Icho.

-Hakuin Ekaku