Author Topic: What are your favourite themes from Lemmings?  (Read 5659 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: What are your favourite themes from Lemmings?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 04:12:43 pm »
@DynaLem: for the additional music track, you listed Tim 1 again ;) I checked the intended one out, though, and it's pretty nice!
I don't think I'm a fan of the Awesome music from this game.

Also: were the themes from the VGASPEC levels taken from other games or were they made for Lemmings?

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 04:23:47 pm »
Thanks, fixed the link! :)

The themes from the VGASPEC levels...I'm not actually sure if they were taken from other games. They sound like remixes of the originals.

I love the drum beats of the Beast theme, they sound dark and give that feeling that you are in a prehistoric time period. Beast II's sound gloomy and fits levels that have a dark, sad setting. Both themes can be even used in haunted levels like the Horror tilesets or some of the ghost-themed levels like in Holiday GigaLems. Menace, I'm not too much of a fan of. It seems to fit levels that have small time limits.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:50:45 pm by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 05:29:34 pm »
Prob Lem posted about this a while ago, but the Lemmings 3D Circus themes are really creepy.

Offline Gronkling

• ♡♡♡♡
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 06:02:22 pm »
I've always loved Circus3 from 3D, it doesn't really sound creepy to me more like a credits song to something. Circus1 definitely does sound rather sleazy and unsettling though hehe.
Generally the 3D soundtrack sounds really 'stock music-y' to me though there are definitely some good ones; Army3 has a really nice melody.
LEMMINGS EVOLUTION completed levels: 100!!!
sorry for being gone so long D:

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 07:59:16 pm »
If we're on about 3D Lemmings then I like some of those aswell.

Sweet Land 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENYtpfTocHA
Medieval 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKqWfKobCMA
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)
Gotta Go Fast (in progress)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 09:33:07 pm »
Prob Lem posted about this a while ago, but the Lemmings 3D Circus themes are really creepy.

I wouldn't call that creepy, although I would say the instrumentation sounds a little inappropriate and it doesn't really sound like a circus song to me.
I hadn't listened to the Lemmings 3D songs at all yet; some of them are pretty good! The sound quality is decent; definitely a step up from previous Lemmings games.

Personally my favorites [I totally forgot about this until just now] are from Lemmings Revolution:

here's just an example. I like all of the songs, there's only about 5-10 but imo there's not a bad one at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nXShXUSaE

--totally unrelated--
with the new synthesizer I bought I might actually be able to make sounds not too unlike these songs!
:D:D:D:D:D :party:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:42:37 pm by möbius »
"All things are empty... Whoever can see this no longer needs anything to attain."
-The Heart Sutra

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-the Dude

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 09:51:02 pm »
Personally my favorites [I totally forgot about this until just now] are from Lemmings Revolution:

here's just an example. I like all of the songs, there's only about 5-10 but imo there's not a bad one at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nXShXUSaE

I like the Revolution soundtrack too, though it's rather techno. And that song is particularly chaotic. My favourite from Revolution is definitely Confidence.

Also, wow, that youtuber has a fantastic set of vgm playlists.

Offline ccexplore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 10:15:08 pm »
Out of curiosity, can anyone confirm whether the attribution to Tim Wright (on that Youtube playlist) for the Lemmings Revolution music is accurate?  Unfortunately I don't have a working copy of that game at hand at the moment to try to verify through the game's credits text.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 01:34:11 am »
Out of curiosity, can anyone confirm whether the attribution to Tim Wright (on that Youtube playlist) for the Lemmings Revolution music is accurate?  Unfortunately I don't have a working copy of that game at hand at the moment to try to verify through the game's credits text.

I looked at my manual and the in-game credits and it doesn't mention Tim Wright anywhere. I'd guess not since I'm pretty sure [from reading an interview on Lemmings Universe] few people or nobody from the DMA team worked on Revolution. It was a new group of people. I guess they got the rights from Psygnosis but it wasn't the original people who made the game.
"All things are empty... Whoever can see this no longer needs anything to attain."
-The Heart Sutra

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-the Dude