Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Revenge of the Lemmings 2.0!  (Read 61561 times)

Offline Geoffster

• View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings 2.0!
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2015, 10:02:10 PM »
Are you sure that's Frenzy 11 - Leap of Faith?  That replay doesn't work (it tries to assign a blocker to a lemming when you don't have any, among other things).
I'm still playing the July 21 version...  Frenzy 11 is named "Drop the Dead Lemming"

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »
From a quick look at the data of the file, it'd appear to be for Rank 4 Level 11. I'm not familiar enough with this pack to say if that's *Frenzy* 11 or not.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2015, 10:05:48 PM »
"Drop the Dead Lemming" is now Frenzy 19.

Hard to be sure.  This seems to be a level that has multiple solutions.  Here's my solution:

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2015, 11:34:03 PM »
yes, I forgot to mention I swapped Leap of Faith and drop the dead lemming because people said it was too easy. Maybe it should even be put in the previous rank but I didn't feel like doing that.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2015, 10:07:45 AM »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2015, 01:03:35 PM »
Yes, Geoffster's solution to Drop the Dead Lemming is a backroute. Please remove the pillar terrain under the lower-right L.

"MORE WEE CREATURES !" is misspelled in the talisman list (but correct on the level itself).

"A long, long way to fall part 2" is too long to fit in the preview window. I suggest naming the second level "It's a long, long way to fall" and the first "The Chopping Block".

I'd like the easier version of Changing of the Guards to be named "Somewhere Under the Rainbow", the original name of the level that CotG is itself a harder version of :P I know there's a couple of levels elsewhere with similar titles, so let me know if that's a problem.

Korobeiniki is an awesome choice for the music for Minesweeper Lemmings :thumbsup: and I loved the music for Lemmings of Persia and The Hotel in Hell. Also really impressed that you went to the trouble of remaking my custom fire object for Hotel.

I see I didn't get the music I requested for Behind Bars and Rhapsody in Blue. Is there any chance of that happening?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2015, 01:53:40 AM »
I'll keep all these notes in mind when making the next update. Can't be sure when that's going to be right now--this isn't my priority anymore since it's "done". I know a project is never totally done, at least with me it isn't.
Sorry about the music, I simply forgot about it. [failed to make a note of it apparently, I should say. I can't remember anything]
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2015, 02:42:37 AM »
I see I didn't get the music I requested for Behind Bars and Rhapsody in Blue. Is there any chance of that happening?
I thought I got the correct music for Rhapsody in Blue - at least I thought I did, since I looked it up on the forum and matched the tune.  Which tunes did you want in particular? (If possible, so there's no mistake, name another level that uses it)

Oh, another Talisman suggestion.  Difficulty = Silver or Gold.  "Tree House - 1 Basher". (Difficult because you have to understand how bashers work when they approach diagonal gaps)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:12:27 AM by Crane »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2015, 02:27:09 AM »
Oh, I managed to out-do the Altitude Training talisman.  I completed it with just three miners!

Notes... (click to show/hide)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2015, 06:34:11 PM »
Well, namida completely backrouted what was meant to be a challenging final level to Devious! I've made a fix though for the next release, once möbius gets back from a break from being pestered so much about the pack!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:12:27 PM by Crane »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »
So, towards the end of Frenzy, I'm finally running into some major roadblocks. Frenzy 21 held me up for quite a while, and I'm currently stuck on Frenzy 26 - I really don't see any way to do this one! (just to be sure - can anyone else confirm they've solved this level in the NeoLemmix version? The reason I ask in particular for this level is that some steel pieces have been added; when this level was designed (I assume) the Bubble set didn't have steel, so I'm wondering if these are interfering with the level, especially because of something I put in a spoiler below. Of course, it's very possible I'm just overlooking something.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No hints please; just a confirmation that it's been solved in NeoLemmix. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2015, 09:22:12 PM »
I just checked to make sure there was nothing funny going on: Everything seems to be in working order. It's definitely solvable in NeoLemmix.

It's not a hint but the steel is there to enforce a solution found recently. This is an old level and another one of those- 'nobody knows the author's original solution'

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2015, 10:30:16 PM »
Given the difficulty that both namida and myself have had with solving this level, I'm wondering if its difficulty is closer to Armageddon than Frenzy.  Granted, two people is nowhere close to a census on difficulty.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2015, 10:37:01 PM »
SOLVED IT!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: *sighs* Screwed up again with misreading and making errors in judgement (replay is fine).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:54:45 AM by Crane »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »
I am rather impressed about how many people are stucked on Frenzy 26. After namida's post I was very corious about the change and played it myself, before Simon came to visit me today. Obviously my backroute was taken care of with steel, but even with that I found another solution rather quickly (watched Cranes solution afterwards and it is exactly the same, so no real point in double post it).
Wrote the exact changes to the Lemmini version under your video namida maybe this will be of help.