Author Topic: NeoLemmix Introduction Pack (Released)  (Read 32481 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix Introduction Pack (Released)
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2017, 03:19:29 PM »
Just made the first proper update in quite a while to this, which adds levels for Fencers to the Skills rank.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline minglw

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »
I like the Mechanics level #11  (named Hellbiter).   Took me a few tries to get it.   I managed to save 35 lemmings.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:12 AM »
Sorry for reviving such an extremely old topic, but find my replays for the NL Introduction Pack for v1.43, meaning this is the one that has the missing gimmicks and hidden Special ranks since the gimmick levels are compatible only for v1.43, as well as my replays for the Old Formats v10.13.18 NL Introduction Pack, where both the gimmicks and hidden Special ranks were removed. I have played these packs from a while back, and I plan to eventually post all my replays for all packs I play to the appropriate level pack topics, so I'm just doing this for completeness in case anyone wants my replays. Of course, pretty much the entire community has transitioned to New Formats. The levels here are well-done for the most part, but since these packs are for really Old Formats and Old Formats and no longer being maintained or updated, and there's currently a New Formats Introduction Pack in development, I would point everyone to Icho's NL Tutorial pack for New Formats instead, as these two packs here won't really be of interest to anyone these days, but again just posting my replays for completeness.

In the case of the v1.43 pack, I unfortunately didn't have any replays saved due to not having checked the setting of automatic replays upon successful solving of the level, so today I went back to do that, as well as play the levels of the Special rank. I don't recall if I ever played the hidden Special levels or not, but I'm thinking I didn't since I don't think I unlocked any of the talismans before, so I did that as well. There's only 4 of them, so I figured why not even though I really don't care for the talismans.

I must admit, it did feel a little strange playing gimmick levels again after so long once I had finished Lemmicks earlier this year, but it did feel nice experiencing the different gimmicks again and figuring out the solutions and the new rules associated with each gimmick presented in the levels. As for the Special levels, nothing too fancy about them other than I thought the third level was the hardest one in the rank.   
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:19:38 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
I'm interested in all packs even old ones since I want to be complete. I already have your v10 replays. I also downloaded the 1.43 replays. I'm going to watch them quick now. Even though one can't turn them green
in v1.43 I still watch them.

I'm always interested in any packs. I don't care if there really old as I like all lemmings replays. Thanks alot Kaywhyn.

Not sure what made you bring up this pack out of the blue, but thx.

Also I didn't even know there was a 1.43 version until I put in the search bar for 1.43. Nepster even uploaded the old 1.43 pack.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2020, 09:56:09 AM »
I'm always interested in any packs. I don't care if there really old as I like all lemmings replays. Thanks alot Kaywhyn.

Not sure what made you bring up this pack out of the blue, but thx.

Also I didn't even know there was a 1.43 version until I put in the search bar for 1.43. Nepster even uploaded the old 1.43 pack.

It came about because I was looking at my replays folder for v1.43 for the pack, only to find, to my horror, I didn't have any replays saved, due to not having the setting for auto replays saved when you're successful in solving ticked. Since I remember it being a quick pack, I just went ahead and did that so I can have replays for the pack. I guess in v1.43 you have to check that setting for every pack, because it seems to not be enabled by default.

I found out about the gimmicks rank for the NL Introduction pack due to seeing a Youtube video of it. Then I did a search here to download the pack, which Nepster provided. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 09:58:18 AM »
also I noticed in level 11 of Objects it failed the Mass Replay check. But when I played the level your replay lead it to a secret level. Also actually solving level 11 is impossible since it requires 100% and there is only bombers for destructive skills and also the exit is blocked by steel. Also the pretext tells you that this level is impossible.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2020, 10:02:59 AM »
namida intended Objects 11 to be impossible just to demonstrate the effect of the trigger for secret levels. I think secret levels got culled after transitioning from v1.43, so I don't know too much about them, but I'm kind of glad that it got removed since I don't really understand why they were part of NL in the first place.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2020, 10:32:29 AM »
ok I just finished watching them. all good. now I'll update my list of old format packs I have replays for.