Author Topic: Cheapo content to NeoLemmix conversion  (Read 42331 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Cheapo content to NeoLemmix conversion
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2015, 11:14:51 PM »
I don't want to ask anyone to convert for me; but if you are for just whatever; can you convert all of Proxima's styles? [Michaelxxx (rehashes of original styles), the Prince of Persia, and the mixed original special graphics style]

"Prince" was mentioned in DynaLem's post. "Repton" is also one of mine -- it uses graphics from the Repton series of games (obviously). I made four levels with this style, of which three made it into the Lix community set as "Prelude", "Toccata" and "Finale"; the other one was dropped because it uses teleporters.

I should add, you have my permission to distribute all graphics I made. (Of course, the graphics of my Cheapo styles are mostly converted from Lemmings and other games, but I did design some new traps, including the one that inspired the factory trap in Lix).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 11:22:48 PM »
ok--disregard my post for the most part--- I have most of these already converted anyway :XD::XD: . It's the level conversion I was having trouble with.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2015, 12:31:58 AM »
If I remember correctly (but I don't for sure), Islanders was also just Tribes-Beach with different lemming graphics? Some of those other names also sound like they might've been among the list of ones I considered but didn't convert. On the other hand, some will definitely be nice to put into a Cheapo pack, such as SMB, Spice and Sports.

Yep, the only differences between Islanders and Tribes-Beach are the entrance and a modified version of the exit.

I don't want to ask anyone to convert for me; but if you are for just whatever; can you convert all of Proxima's styles? [Michaelxxx (rehashes of original styles), the Prince of Persia, and the mixed original special graphics style]

"Prince" was mentioned in DynaLem's post. "Repton" is also one of mine -- it uses graphics from the Repton series of games (obviously). I made four levels with this style, of which three made it into the Lix community set as "Prelude", "Toccata" and "Finale"; the other one was dropped because it uses teleporters.

I should add, you have my permission to distribute all graphics I made. (Of course, the graphics of my Cheapo styles are mostly converted from Lemmings and other games, but I did design some new traps, including the one that inspired the factory trap in Lix).

Here is Pack 3, which contains Proxima's styles, some styles from the Sega Master System (Fire, Pink, Multistyle), and an interesting style called concept. The objects in this one I believe came from a Lemmings website that discussed the earlier designs of lemmings and traps, but I can't remember which website it was. This style does not have an exit, so I've added the exit from the Cheapo Fire style into this one (to be consistent with the terrain that also comes from the Cheapo Fire).

There is a problem; it won't let me convert MichaelXtnd2.sty because it gives me that pesky List index out of bounds (127) error. I've attached this one separately.

I have a feeling that there was a style I forgot to convert, so I gotta look through all those again...
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2015, 05:26:05 AM »
Awesome. I still need to look over these (just woke up actually). I'll try and get it done later today; if that doesn't happen I probably won't be able to until the weekend.

EDIT: Regarding MichaelXtnd2; I'll have to look into what's causing the issue here (I can confirm that the error occurs for me too). As for the other styles, I'm looking through them now. :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:04:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2015, 06:27:35 AM »
Here's a ZIP of the ones I decided against including (so that they can be found easily, without overlap with the accepted ones).

The accepted ones have been added to the NeoLemmix website.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 06:34:25 AM »
You're free to use any of those extracted tilesets in own levels, right?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2015, 01:57:52 AM »
Absolutely.
My Lemmings projects

Online GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »
Well i'd like to see all L2 and L3 tilesets in neolemmix
because i'd like to use those eventually

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2015, 01:13:34 AM »
Well i'd like to see all L2 and L3 tilesets in neolemmix
because i'd like to use those eventually

While the Beach, Egyptian, Shadow, Sports, and L3 Classic styles have been released as graphic sets, whether for NeoLemmix or (Super)Lemmini, nothing else of the sort was released. However, geoo did manage to get the extracted images of the L2 tilesets in this post.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2015, 06:53:01 PM »
I successfully converted Proxima's cheapo set and mostly it's worked fine. But I ran into one problem on "Lemmings of Persia." A message says: "source rectangle invalid."
So far the other levels work fine.

I attached the levelpack and style files. check my next post
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:36:22 PM by もびうす »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Online GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2015, 06:57:55 PM »
0kb? nothing is in there

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2015, 07:34:13 PM »
??? Sorry. I think I fixed it here. (I think the filesize was too large) I had files in the folder you didn't need anyway)

I have another question;

I'd like to add a secret trigger to one of Proxima's styles. Can I do that with the graphics tool?
I tried opening Cheapo styles in there but it doesn't work [nothing happens but there's no message either]

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »
Which style were you having problems with? PM me if you don't want to say here (eg. to avoid hinting at which level the secret is in).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 12:57:20 AM »
Found a bug in the existing version; a level with a title longer than 32 letters or an author longer than 16 letters could potentially mess up other parts of the level data. In the case of the author, it'd have to be at least 49 characters long to mess up anything other than the level's title, but the title was a bit more prone to it. Uploaded a fixed version.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2015, 02:34:39 PM »
I'm in the process of converting Cheapo levels to NeoLemmix, and I've started with the levels that initially came with the game, so that would be:

6 levels using Lemmings DOS graphics mixed with Copycat versions of the styles.
20 Crazy levels by Kallex
20 Wild levels by Kallex
32 Madness levels by McAleec and McAleead
15 Spain levels by A. Javier Saband
1 Individual level by Kallex titled "Bomber Test"

I've converted the levels in sets using CheapoCon. I've noticed some issues, though:

1. In some levels, the water doesn't cover all the way from left to right.
2. The trapdoor seems to be off by one pixel to the left or right, causing the lemmings to splat. Perhaps this may be related to the issue that lemmings move one pixel to the left when splatting.