Author Topic: NeoLemmix Community Pack  (Read 86772 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix Community Pack
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2016, 02:32:18 PM »
This one seems to be another backroute.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2016, 02:37:52 PM »
Hmm... not entirely sure how I could block that one without affecting the intended solution. I'll have to think about it. You are getting even closer, though. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2016, 04:16:23 PM »
I did some brief skimming through all the levels submitted so far, and I have to say - a lot of them are super-hard and I'd say over even Mayhem difficulty.

I might need to contribute some Tricky-difficulty levels to balance this out.

A very small number of levels use gimmicks (in fact, only about two Frenzies and one Zombie). Because of this, I'm not sure if the Community pack should use gimmick/frenzies at all.

Also, I cannot open Nepster's Fourtissimo, because of the vgagr5.dat error and that NeoLemmix no longer supports old formats.

Just a thought: we have some styles that are based on games such as Supaplex, Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog (Green Hill), and Nicky Boum (Pieuw's Castle tileset). What do people think of creating a special level for each rank, much like A Beast of a Level etc. in Orig Lemmings?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:22:21 PM by DynaLem »

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2016, 05:10:33 PM »
Here is Fourtissimo again. I can open it with V1.37; please tell if you still have problems.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »
It works now, thanks!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2016, 03:09:22 AM »
In general, for older levels like that that won't load directly in the player, they should still load correctly in the editor (and if re-saved from there, will be upgraded to the latest format). Although I did put code into the player that should detect the correct graphic set to use, so I'll have to look into why that's not working...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, this code wasn't in V1.37n itself. It is in the latest experimental version, but hasn't been tested (at all) yet.
EDIT: Tested the feature in the experimental version. It appears to work for traditional Lemmix / DOS levels, but not with older NeoLemmix levels. So I guess I need to fix that up.
EDIT: Fixed. Haven't uploaded a new experimental version yet; want to get in more than one fix before I do. :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:27:38 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2016, 07:20:01 AM »
I moved this topic to the Other Projects board; I feel that's a more appropriate place for it.

Anyway, I still haven't come up with a way to fix that level (without breaking the intended solution) yet. But I did make this quick, easy level earlier to test rotation of pieces out; it could maybe be included as an easy level, or alternatively, someone might want to use it as a base to build a harder level from.

This level requires NeoLemmix V1.38n, it will not work on V1.37n or earlier due to using terrain rotation!
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »
Finally fixed up "Blessed By A Curse". I was hoping to avoid pickup skills for this one, but it doesn't seem there's any other way to enforce the intended route.
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »
Blessed by a curse is a very interesting level. I haven't solved it yet but it's one of those where part of the solution seems obvious but there's many possibilities and working out the details is really tough.

I know I said many times I haven't been in level making mood lately; but it's up and down. If anyone wants me to make levels for this pack I can try. DynaLem said we need easy levels so I can try to make some of those.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2016, 03:09:20 PM »
Here's a hint:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »
Nice level! This should be the intended solution.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2016, 06:18:00 PM »
That is indeed the intended solution. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2016, 12:35:43 PM »
Here is tseug's level NULL with a slightly changed save requirement of 77 lemmings, no time limit and a totally new solution.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2016, 02:23:01 PM »
I noticed that "Apocalypse Maintenant" will/is broken, but it was a simple fix (adding 1 steel block and my old replay still works :)).
Attached is the new version.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »
^ Added/updated both these levels in the Dropbox folder. :) I put NULL under the "Multiple Authors" folder.
My Lemmings projects